Wipeout HD worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mstc_Q
Member since 2007 • 1901 Posts

Everyone is raving about this game, so I thought I'd look into buying it, but then I saw that it only had 8 courses to race on.

Wouldn't that get old after a while?

Is this game really worth buying? I have an itchy suspicion that its "budget price" is really just because it's a starter pack, and I'll find myself spending another $20 on new maps...

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

You do get mirrored versions of courses. I agree its not a massive amount, but they are all good tracks. I hope they dont drip feed the dl content, esp after what EA has done with Burnout.

Yep, i just congratulated EA!!!!

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Its fantastic, probably one of the best racing games this gen imo.
Cyphus07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Cyphus07
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

It must be one of the best racing games this gen, as the previous poster said. I'm having a blast with it. Online play is a lot of fun. The speed classes and all the tracks make things really exciting. Phantom on Sol 2!

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spidermonkey11
Member since 2007 • 1716 Posts
I wish it was the weekend so I could actually sit down and play this game for a few hours. Full time job plus school equals not enought time!
envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

Is Wipeout HD worth buying? I would have say yes! For the 1st time in months, I actually sat down & played a game for more than 4 hours which is quite rare for me these days. I uploaded my favorite trance, electronica & drum & bass tunes to the PS3's playlist & selected to play it in Wipeout. Just go to the music options & select it from the selection of music you have on your PS3. You gotta play around with it & you'll figure it out. If you can't, why are you playing video games? LOL! Just kidding! :P

I also got a chance to link up with my friend to play it online & I have to admit. It was completely lag free! I know many people complain about games being played online having lag issues but Wipeout so far had NO LAG! It loaded smoothly, the gameplay was consistent & constant, also ZERO wait time. Just select your options on the menu & start the game, INSTANTLY! Freaking amazing! Anyways, don't base your purchase of this game from the review on Gamespot...... the reviewer probably didn't even play the game (I still respect his review but I just don't see what he was talking about, now that I've played it). He probably just watched the cutscenes & wrote the review. There was a comparison to the PSP game...... Wipeout HD looks gorgeous, plays smoothly & has more content then the PSP game. Reviewer must've been on something to even make a slight comparison to the PSP game which by all means is a fun game but yea.....

hagaf22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hagaf22
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
full 1080p running at a silky smooth 60 fps is definately worth it, and then the gameplay is exactly what fans have come to expect from the series, if you have 20 bucks this is the psn title you should be picking up.
canana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 canana
Member since 2006 • 14796 Posts
Please,feel free to use the Recommendation thread for advice :)
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please,feel free to use the Recommendation thread for advice :)canana
Hey, you got here before I did! :D. But yes, please use the Recommendation Thread for all questions about what game to get.