will u still keep ur Vitas if Sony doesnt announce any new features/games at E3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marzarmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Marzarmy
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

just curious,

will you guys still keep your Vita's after E3 if Sony doesnt mention anything about PS1/PS2 combatabiltiy with the Vita? if they only announce ports but no new exclusives for the Vita (aside from the ones we already know about)? if no mention of any new "remote play" PS3 games? if no mention of a new firmware update to fix issues with the current Apps and/or the Internet, or added App's like "Youtube" etc..?

or will you sell it if none of the above is mentioned?

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

id be as pissed as if it were any console that had no new games or new w/e announced at E3, regardless ill keep it, ill just be pissed

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Wouldn't effect me personally, long as I have PS1 compatability, PsP games and a new Vita game or PS3 ports Ill be happy.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
I'm keeping my Vita until the next big Sony handheld comes out.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
never had a psp...so ye i would lol
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Ill keep my Vita regardless of what they dont announce. I love handheld gaming and im not gullible to announcements to build up hype. I dont have buyers remorse.

NeoDeaf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NeoDeaf03
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I'll just keep it. I'm sure, Sony is working on getting PS Vita to work with PS1 games.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

just curious,

will you guys still keep your Vita's after E3 if Sony doesnt mention anything about PS1/PS2 combatabiltiy with the Vita? if they only announce ports but no new exclusives for the Vita (aside from the ones we already know about)? if no mention of any new "remote play" PS3 games? if no mention of a new firmware update to fix issues with the current Apps and/or the Internet, or added App's like "Youtube" etc..?

or will you sell it if none of the above is mentioned?

Marzarmy
If they don't mention any new exclusives then yeah, maybe, but that won't happen so..
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

In short, no. I've enjoyed my Vita, but the gaming drought has become bothersome and it simply won't be worth keeping it if nothing outstanding is announced at E3. Gravity Rush simply isn't enough to keep me occupied over a several month stretch and Metal Gear Solid doesn't interest me at all. LittleBigPlanet and Call of Duty should be great, but those are several months away. I just have to ask myself: Is it really worth the wait for those two titles? Unless we see some outstanding stuff for BioShock and Assassin's Creed and reveals for other amazing games, my Vita's going to be on the chopping block in a matter of weeks (after I complete Gravity Rush).

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#10 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts
I don't sell my console or games, what's bought is bought, regardless if it was a failure or not. LoL. I think the PS Vita will get exclusive games but it needs time. It's still new. I'm wondering what Call of Duty will offer to the Vita with its insanely selling record every year.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

if sony doesnt announce everything you just mentioned at E3 (which is highly unlikely) then yea, im not gonna lie..i will sell it and stick to my PSP (at least i get the best of both worlds on that handheld with PSP games AND PSOne classics)

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts
I couldn't careless about PS1 and PS2 compatibility and PS2 support isn't going to happen anyway as Sony have already stated that. Regardless of what is or isn't announced at E3 I will still keep my Vita as in my opinion it's just plain silly and ridiculous selling it. I always keep my consoles until the next generation replacement comes out anyway. I'm happy with my Vita and have been since launch.
lamech777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 lamech777
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
Although I'd be mad I would still keep it, but I'd never buy another Sony product again no matter what it is.
wowguytc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 wowguytc
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
I want the vita to succeed but if nothing is announced that I want at e3 then yeah I will sale mine. I played uncharted and it's been sitting there since.
Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

The Vita has been very disappointing. I asked what the trade-in price was at a local Gamestop and they said $85 due to the large number of returns they've gotten. I'm sure I can get more elsewhere, but not enough to warrant the loss of the $250 I paid.

So, I will keep it regardless, but I will definitely trade it for the right stuff.

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Having spent all that money on it and 10 + games of course I'll be keeping it. Don't understand people who say "nothing coming out so getting rid"

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#17 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17838 Posts

I couldn't careless about PS1 and PS2 compatibility and PS2 support isn't going to happen anyway as Sony have already stated that. Regardless of what is or isn't announced at E3 I will still keep my Vita as in my opinion it's just plain silly and ridiculous selling it. I always keep my consoles until the next generation replacement comes out anyway. I'm happy with my Vita and have been since launch. GamejunkieUK

I am with you. I don't care about the backwards compatibility. If you want to play PSP/PS1/PS2 games, then play those systems. Gamers should not feel entitled to those features. It is just stupid.

Now if they don't announce any quality new Vita games at E3, there is a definite problem.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

It carries weight toward whether or not I ever get a vita at all.

Avatar image for SkinnyJeans1995
SkinnyJeans1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SkinnyJeans1995
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

I have 19 games and enjoying the hell out of it.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"]I couldn't careless about PS1 and PS2 compatibility and PS2 support isn't going to happen anyway as Sony have already stated that. Regardless of what is or isn't announced at E3 I will still keep my Vita as in my opinion it's just plain silly and ridiculous selling it. I always keep my consoles until the next generation replacement comes out anyway. I'm happy with my Vita and have been since launch. BassMan

I am with you. I don't care about the backwards compatibility. If you want to play PSP/PS1/PS2 games, then play those systems. Gamers should not feel entitled to those features. It is just stupid.

Now if they don't announce any quality new Vita games at E3, there is a definite problem.

I don't play classic that much either but there are people with interest outside of our own. The more game options vita has the wider the audience it can satisfy.
Leir_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Leir_Bag
Member since 2010 • 314 Posts

I don't think that Sony just not announcing none of these things for the Vita is even possible... I bet that at least 14 of the "20 gaming experiences" they got planned for E3 are for the Vita.

Though, if they actually didn't anounce anything, I wouldn't drop my Vita, I do like it that much. I does need more games, but I think a price drop is what will get gamers into it. If they do that, even without receiving a lot of more games, I think it would sell like cupcakes.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I will keep my PSvita. Sony will announce new games for the PSvita. I really hope a price cut for the Memory cards for the Vita. I have a tiny 4GB card, I would like a eventually upgrade to a 32GB but before that happens a price drop for the price of the Memory cards would be nice at E3.

So for PSone Classics and PS2 classics being made available for PSvita I won't be getting my hopes up. I will be keeping my PSvita. Sony just drop the price of the Memory cards.