will this cost me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shanemcevoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shanemcevoy
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

on my vita they have my adress and city is this normal will this cost me more money

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
firstly is this 3g or wifi vita? secondly are you referring to the 'NEAR' app with the location stuff?
shanemcevoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shanemcevoy

wifii

ch_ris127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 ch_ris127
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts

on my vita they have my adress and city is this normal will this cost me more money

shanemcevoy

If it's wi-fi, and you've enabled the device to track your location, then it's fine. The Near application is free anyways.

shanemcevoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shanemcevoy

how does it get my adress and city

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor

how does it get my adress and city

shanemcevoy

from playstation website.
Through near your location can be calculated through Wi-Fi hot spots or in 3G models, with use of GPS technology which is an exclusive capability of the 3G model. Be the first to find these valuable game gifts by logging into near via 3G and not waiting to get to a WiFi hot spot.

Im guessing this.

Which would probably be ur modem.

Dont ask me how it the modem knows the location though lol

for more information go to

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/apps/psvita-app-near.html

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor

some more information about NEAR

Q: What is near?
A: near is PS Vitas integrated social networking app that enables you to check in to real-life locations and pick up or leave gifts for other gamers to find and use in their games. You can also locate and connect with your PlayStation Network friends and other gamers nearby for ad-hoc communication and multiplayer sessions, whether you set up lap-time challenges in WipEout 2048 or trade costumes with a competitor in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Using ?near,? you can also see which games are the most popular and highest rated by fellow gamers near your location, which can help you locate new and interesting games..

near can calculate your location using a Wi-Fi location service; the 3G/Wi-Fi model includes GPS technology, which enables you to be the first to find valuable game gifts by logging into near via 3G with more precision and no need to wait for a Wi-Fi hot spot!

Q: Do you need 3G network connection to enjoy near?
A: No. PS Vita users can enjoy near using Wi-Fi, but a 3G connection is preferred in order to maximize nears capability. By using a 3G connection, users will be able to obtain more information and encounter new players in real time via near. Think of it as a geo-social gaming network that taps into your location, wherever you might be.

Q: What kinds of gifts can you give and receive using near?
A: near enables PS Vita owners to access virtual game-related items that other users are sharing by checking in at geographic locations that other PS Vita users have also visited. The virtual items can come in many forms: new character costumes, weapons, and treasures, just to name a few. Sharing these items between users adds a unique dimension to the portable gaming experience on PS Vita while enhancing the social connectivity among the PS Vita community.

shanemcevoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shanemcevoy

i hope i will not get a bill for this

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points