Will these games ever come to the PSN store?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

Final fantasy 7/8/9

Metal Gear Solid 1

Grand Turismo 1

I really do hope so, they're all classics IMO.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

possibly.

they'll come to a thrift store near you much sooner though, if you wanna just make a little effort.

Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

FF games- doubtfull, if you havent noticed SE has been pretty stingy when it comes to making their old games downloadable. Basically any of their popular games from the past are going to be remade/ported by SE because they make more profit that way. So while I wont say there is no chance they will come out on PSN, odds are we wont see FF7/8/9 until SE either remakes them, or ports them on the next gen of handhelds.

MGS1- Id say there is a pretty decent chance of this, unless Konami wants to port/remake it down the road.

GT1- Somewhat surprised they havent done this yet since it is a Sony game. Id say this has the best chance of the games you listed since Sony controls the GT series.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Any chance of Valkyrie Profile being available?
Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts

Any chance of Valkyrie Profile being available?rogerjak

Dont know, I sure want so. I also want SE to bring Xenogears, Musashi and if what I saw was not wrong, Vagrant Story which are already in the Jpn store.

drcsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 drcsyntax
Member since 2008 • 267 Posts

FF games- doubtfull, if you havent noticed SE has been pretty stingy when it comes to making their old games downloadable. Basically any of their popular games from the past are going to be remade/ported by SE because they make more profit that way. So while I wont say there is no chance they will come out on PSN, odds are we wont see FF7/8/9 until SE either remakes them, or ports them on the next gen of handhelds.

MGS1- Id say there is a pretty decent chance of this, unless Konami wants to port/remake it down the road.

GT1- Somewhat surprised they havent done this yet since it is a Sony game. Id say this has the best chance of the games you listed since Sony controls the GT series.

Furycliff

There are rumors about Kojima wanting to remake Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid; so I doubt we'll see them floating around in PSN ever.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogerjak
[QUOTE="Furycliff"]

drcsyntax

There are rumors about Kojima wanting to remake Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid; so I doubt we'll see them floating around in PSN ever.

uuuuu link
drcsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 drcsyntax
[QUOTE="drcsyntax"][QUOTE="Furycliff"]

rogerjak

uuuuu link

As I said, rumors; there are no links with Kojima saying "I think I might remake some stuff". Alot of different websites speculate on it, even remakes for PSP are in the brainstorm.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

Furycliff

Its kinda odd, because Square enix just spoke out on how the need to back their country more. Yet before that they did the multi 13 deal. Not sure what their trying to get "or give" to their country more? Had a big conference on it and everything ,about a new rise in Japan gaming is needed???? Maybe a few second thoughts on a already done deal. So ill see on versus.

As far as old ones. I would think it would be a good deal? It Cant take much to just touch them up and port. So I dont see money and time as a problem.

jrlc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jrlc1
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

All i ever want to come to PSN is Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

then i could rejoice for all eternity. :)

KingFrostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 KingFrostman
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
Releaseing those games o PSN woud decrase the value of the actual game. You can probably sell FF7 on ebay for a pretty high price.
drcsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 drcsyntax

Releaseing those games o PSN woud decrase the value of the actual game. You can probably sell FF7 on ebay for a pretty high price.KingFrostman

Not that much IMO. It's one thing to have the "game". It's another to have the actual disc it was originally released on.

I think FF7 should be remade on the PS3 with the highest possibly graphics push ever, leave the story alone, LEAVE EVERYTHING alone, just give it a face lift.

Squaresoft would rake in millions.

Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

Doubt it, it was ported to PSP, and that might be hard to find now.

Bottom line is if a company has any plans to port/remake a game odds are you wont get a chance to download the game.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

possibly.

they'll come to a thrift store near you much sooner though, if you wanna just make a little effort.

somesthetic

Ha.

Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
I think that MGS 1 has a pretty good chance.
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

You went fo the big one!! It would sell like hell, considering the cheapest price on eBay goes around 75 dlls and not even in mint condition. I would love Final Fantasy Chronicles too, but Square-Enix doesn't seem to be in the online market yet =(

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogerjak
MGS is already on the Japanese PSN...it seems to be it. And for quite some time now.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danish-death

Releaseing those games o PSN woud decrase the value of the actual game. You can probably sell FF7 on ebay for a pretty high price.KingFrostman

TBH i dont think that Square enix cares if people on ebay can sell it d:

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danish-death

[QUOTE="KingFrostman"]Releaseing those games o PSN woud decrase the value of the actual game. You can probably sell FF7 on ebay for a pretty high price.drcsyntax

Not that much IMO. It's one thing to have the "game". It's another to have the actual disc it was originally released on.

I think FF7 should be remade on the PS3 with the highest possibly graphics push ever, leave the story alone, LEAVE EVERYTHING alone, just give it a face lift.

Squaresoft would rake in millions.

facelift + voice acting = yay. ;)

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

[QUOTE="KingFrostman"]Releaseing those games o PSN woud decrase the value of the actual game. You can probably sell FF7 on ebay for a pretty high price.danish-death

TBH i dont think that Square enix cares if people on ebay can sell it d:

That's right, even if it would decrease its value as a collector item, that doesn't benefit game developers at all. The only ones making money of its price are people who no longer wants to keep the game, not game makers.

phatman_4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#21 phatman_4000
Member since 2003 • 175 Posts

MGS is already on the Japanese PSN...it seems to be it. And for quite some time now.rogerjak

it is, i got it, cost 600yen