thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thirdson1812
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

I bought the GTA 5 PS4 bundle a few days ago with a couple of games and also a 1TB hard drive which is the same brand as the one that comes with the system. When I replaced the original 500gb hard drive with the 1tb, and when I tried to re-install the latest system software through a USB on safe mode, it came up with errors and I did all the steps right. I called up sony and they said that the 1tb hard drive isn't compatible with the system as it didn't format. So I got a refund of the hard drive from the pc shop and I had to use the 500gb hard drive that came with the system as I pretty much had no choice.

So I was wondering if the PS4 slim model will come with a 1TB or higher hard drive as the xbone is doing it now and with the PS3, they started shipping larger hard drive models as the older models weren't sufficient enough with the installs back then. I can manage the 500gb hard drive for the mean time as not all the games have 50gb installs.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I don't know what you did wrong but I had absolutely no problems installing a 1 TB HDD in my PS4.

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 thirdson1812
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

@raugutcon: It had something to do with the hard drive because it didn't format. I looked up on google and quite a few people encountered the same issue.

connor_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 connor_17
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

http://wccftech.com/ps4-slim-announced-e3-2015-improved-hardware/

this is what I hate: releasing a console and then releasing a newer better console at a cheaper price a year later

Has sony become apple now?

And no Blu Ray Drive? They should call it the fucking PS4 GO if they're doing that shit again

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#6 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

@connor_17 said:

this is what I hate: releasing a console and then releasing a newer better console at a cheaper price a year later

And no Blu Ray Drive? They should call it the fucking PS4 GO if they're doing that shit again

^ This is all speculation. Key word being RUMOR.

fredbalsdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7 fredbalsdon
Member since 2004 • 1670 Posts

Is there even any talk for a ps4 slim and how slim can they go?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

This is a given when Sony releases a PlayStation 4 Slimline console this revision will have a larger HDD. But keep in mind that you can upgrade the PS4 HDD right now. Eventually their will be a PS4 HDD upgrade kit released. Just as there is for the PS3.

So if you don't want to wait for a PS4 slim. This will take 2 more years to arrive. You can install a larger HDD in the PS4 right now. Currently the largest consumer HDD is 3TB. It is not yet known how large the upgrade Kit or the eventual PlayStation 4 slim HDD will be. But they are coming.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

So my PS3 with a theoretical 6TB HDD doesn't exist?

@Megavideogamer said:

Currently the largest consumer HDD is 3TB. It is not yet known how large the upgrade Kit or the eventual PlayStation 4 slim HDD will be. But they are coming.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

yes...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@connor_17: Didn't realize R&D into making things smaller and more efficient was a bad thing. Hell Sony has gone through like 4 iterations of every one of their consoles so I don't understand the issue.

Sigmafi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sigmafi1
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

Whenever u install a new hdd to the ps4, u will get errors. Mine gave me errors for a minute, but when u initialize it, it works properly afterwards. I have a 1tb in mine and it works fine. Thinkin about puttin a 3tb inside.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@connor_17 said:

You are worked up over some speculation and rumors man. Save that raw emotion for the real news, if it even happens.

Eventually Sony will release a slim as they did with the PS1, PS2, and PS3, but in the meantime we'll see HDD sizes increase just like we saw for PS3. The original PS3 shipped with 20GB and 60GB. Overtime the HDD gets larger.

I'm not even going to comment on the lolrumorz like no BD drive or whatever.