Will Sony Patch the Audio and things for Headsets,

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I want to return my Turtle Beach PX22's i got for my PS4. Simply because the voice chat audio cant be changed and it is very low and I can barely hear my friends talk. Also i can only hear voice chat through the Left ear. Everything else (game audio,Bass,Treble) Work fine. The guy at gamestop told me that Sony will Patch this up in January? Or sometime soon. Should i just get my refund? Or is this information from gamestop Valid? Please back up with a source. Thank you.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@RiKanKiDD: Does the guy work for Sony? No, so hows he gonna know.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

They will have to create support for it. That's what happens when you buy a gaming headset. Should have went with headphones/mic setup that would work for everything.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

i hope my pulse headset can be used but you can also use the connection to the controller and don't even need to turn on your headset to use the battery. So that is what i am doing. I don't know if this can be used on the voice chat but it serves the purpose of not disturbing people not using the TV.

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

Well I don't know about your headset, but if it's wireless it will probably never work for the PS4. From their FAQ

Headsets - Bluetooth - (Support) NO - Headsets that are currently commercially available are incompatible

However if your headset is USB it will work once they patch the system.

NEW wireless headsets designed specifically for the PS4 will work in the future following a patch, and the Sony Pulse Wireless headsets that are currently available will also be patched to work in the future as well.

Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset – Elite Edition, which are currently sold for PS3, work on PS4 at launch in North America? What about other wireless headsets?

PS4 will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on PS4, though most USB headsets will be supported following PS4

Tanden_Stoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Tanden_Stoker
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts

Wireless headsets with a receiver using optical out also work.

But yeh, like said before if its bluetooth it will probably never work :p

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

I love it when someone who works at a store thinks they have some secret direct line to Sony or something. Chances are good that a patch is in the works and will be released about January but how can he know it'll fix your problem, plus it might be the port on your ps4 that's faulty and not the support itself that's not good.

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

It's interesting how the Turtle Beach website lists ALL of their wireless headsets as PS4 compatible, when Sony themselves said that unless it's specifically released for PS4 it will not be supported. Talk about trying to trick people into buying up all their garbage inventory.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

USB headsets already work on the PS4... if the one you are using works with bluetooth for the chat it probably wont work. If it has an input for a cable, you can get an adapter from turtle beach for it, it cost $6.99. The one I have uses bluetooth, and is also able to use the chat cable.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@Swedish_Chef said:

It's interesting how the Turtle Beach website lists ALL of their wireless headsets as PS4 compatible, when Sony themselves said that unless it's specifically released for PS4 it will not be supported. Talk about trying to trick people into buying up all their garbage inventory.

If you look at their website they do have a page where they tell you which headset is compatible. If you click on the headset, it will tell you if it works out of the box. There seems to be 3 types atm... ones that work out of the box with the PS4,others that work with the USB, and others that work with a PS4 chat cable, that they are selling for $6.99.