Will I enjoy Folklore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Licazinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Licazinha
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

Well I hated DMC4 and Assasins's creed and I'm not ready to be disappointed again. Dmc4 felt too fast and somewhat shallow, and Assasin's creed too slow, nothing to do, exploration unrewarding. I did love Heavenly Sword though. And Oblivion.

I guess my problem is I CAN'T STAND repetitive games. I like gameplay variety like you had in Heavenly sword (kai and Nariko) and Oblivion (loot, exploration, many guilds, gold, the arena...).

So do you think I'll enjoy Folklore?

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome story
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome storykratos_q80

I hope you're right because I'm thinking about getting this one myself. I want to collect all the exclusives on the PS3, but enjoy all of them as well. Warhawk and Folklore are the only two exclusives I dont have yet, and I'm waiting for UT3 to come out on the Xbox 360.

tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 tootergray34
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
well if you don't like too repetitive, then I wouldnt' get this game cause you have to basically beat each level twice with 2 different characters. I found it kind of boring...but those are just my 2 cents...i've long traded it in now though.
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kratos_q80

[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome storyElann2008

I hope you're right because I'm thinking about getting this one myself. I want to collect all the exclusives on the PS3, but enjoy all of them as well. Warhawk and Folklore are the only two exclusives I dont have yet, and I'm waiting for UT3 to come out on the Xbox 360.

lool dude your on the same side i am...i have all the ps3 exclusives... :) here goes :

for UT3 = dont wait for it for 360...and dont buy it on ps3... its a BIG flop.. game graphics sick,, and the game is not smooth at all its like playing a ps2 game , their are too many shooters that owns this game

folklore : 9/10

lair: 8/10

warhawk : 9/10 this game is really fun

heavenly sword : 10/10 my favorite game this gen

uncharted : 9.5/10

resistance : 9.2/10

ratchet and clank : 9/10

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts

[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome storyElann2008

I don't get why people say Warhawk was an amazing game, it seemed mediocre to me.

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kratos_q80
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome storyI_pWnzz_YoU

I don't get why people say Warhawk was an amazing game, it seemed mediocre to me.

get a mic, play with your friends.. and play as a team and you will see why this game is fun

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome storykratos_q80

lool dude your on the same side i am...i have all the ps3 exclusives... :) here goes :

for UT3 = dont wait for it for 360...and dont buy it on ps3... its a BIG flop.. game graphics sick,, and the game is not smooth at all its like playing a ps2 game , their are too many shooters that owns this game

Thanks for the heads up. Heavenly Sword is by far my favorite exclusive on the PS3 as well. lol. And I agree with your scores. They're pretty spot on. I'm looking for a good RPG, action adventure game so this might be it. I just finished GTA IV so this would be pretty great to pass up the downtime until Haze and MGS4 comes out. Not to mention Ninja Gaiden 2 on the Xbox 360 as well, June 3rd. I didnt think too much about UT3. I'm still on the fence with that one. I might just rent it and see how it goes. I think you convinced me on Folklore man, lol. I'll probably be getting that along with Haze.

chewoocheung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chewoocheung
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts

Hi Licazinha, try to download the demo and see you like it or not.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Elann2008

chewoocheung

Oh, there's a demo, lol. I'm very observant. Sweet, I'll try that out.

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kratos_q80
[QUOTE="chewoocheung"]

Elann2008

Oh, there's a demo, lol. I'm very observant. Sweet, I'll try that out.

BTW i didnt like the demo...but my friends where going crazy about the game so i got it and really injoyed it the story will just make you want more and more of the game

but why not try the demo ya give it a shoot

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 I_pWnzz_YoU
[QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome storykratos_q80

get a mic, play with your friends.. and play as a team and you will see why this game is fun

I'd rather play GTA IV online with friends :D Seriously that game is wayy more fun.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

fanboy much?

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
[QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Or take up PC gaming and see why it's pretty mediocre =/ Online + FPS + Console = 95% boo, 5% win for me. When I want to get online on a console I fire up a nice racing game, sports game, or GTAIV. Leave the FPS online play to the big boys ;) But who cares what I think. If you don't know the glory of a certain other platform for FPS/RTS, it's whatever.

Folklore in theory is awesome, but the whole play the same story twice thing really grinds my gears. I hate repetition in games, whether it's dying and replaying or retreading old ground. I'm looking at you DMC4.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 I_pWnzz_YoU
[QUOTE="kratos_q80"][QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]i think you will its one of my favorite ps3 games ...and you get to play in 2 characters in the game....and also its a long game..with an awesome storyStaryoshi87

Or take up PC gaming and see why it's pretty mediocre =/ Online + FPS + Console = 95% boo, 5% win for me. When I want to get online on a console I fire up a nice racing game, sports game, or GTAIV. Leave the FPS online play to the big boys ;) But who cares what I think. If you don't know the glory of a certain other platform for FPS/RTS, it's whatever.

Folklore in theory is awesome, but the whole play the same story twice thing really grinds my gears. I hate repetition in games, whether it's dying and replaying or retreading old ground. I'm looking at you DMC4.

I am a PC gamer, as well as a PS3 gamer. But I got bored of Guild Wars, I might start up WoW again or wait for my love of GW to come back :lol:

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
one question signore do you troll much?
IntegraBella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 IntegraBella
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts

Folklore is a very beautiful game. very beautiful and you just reminded me that I should write a review for it. lol.

I think you'll like it. one thing to warn you on is be prepared to have one hell of a workout on your arms. the use of the sixaxis controller's sensor motion is insane. you'll see what I mean when you get around to playing it.