Will HD movies be available for purchase on PSN instead of rental?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggold89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 biggold89
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I was wondereing if anybody knew if HD movies are going to be available for purchase on the PSN in the future?
damedash122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 damedash122
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts

i highy doubt it...it is possible but how much would they charge for it? and the size of the download would have to be like 8gb...the only reason i think they wouldnt do it is because it would be too expensive...alot of people wouldnt buy it and their hard drives are not that big 2 hold those movies and their game installs etc.

MalcolmYuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MalcolmYuy
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts

i highy doubt it...it is possible but how much would they charge for it? and the size of the download would have to be like 8gb...the only reason i think they wouldnt do it is because it would be too expensive...alot of people wouldnt buy it and their hard drives are not that big 2 hold those movies and their game installs etc.damedash122

Not only that, but the fact that it would then run counter-productive to Blu-ray sales...I think Blu-ray is the main reason Sony is holding out on buying HD movies on the Video Store.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
You're losing the audio benefits of an actual blu-ray as well as running your monthly allowable downloads to cap.
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts
I'd be happy with just rentals for now, since Europe has nothing atm -.-