Will gamestop take my game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackchaos08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blackchaos08
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

I just got the 120bg slim and it came with infamous and arkham asalym. I want to get Uncharted 2 and trade in batman for some credit. Will they take it? I ask this because there is a big ass "not for resale" section on the back of the box. I havent even tore off the plastic. So what do you think?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
yeh i would think so, my copy of uncharted said not for retail one it, and i bought it from gamestop.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Gamestop will take pretty much anything. They said they would take my free copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen (before it was released) but im waiting for it to be importable. I mean... yeah. They were prepared to buy a game that hadn't even be released yet.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#4 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I just got the 120bg slim and it came with infamous and arkham asalym. I want to get Uncharted 2 and trade in batman for some credit. Will they take it? I ask this because there is a big ass "not for resale" section on the back of the box. I havent even tore off the plastic. So what do you think?

blackchaos08
I dont know much about gamestop but I have heard that they are total jerks when it comes to buying your games, I heard that a guy traded 3 games for 10 buck D:
blackchaos08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blackchaos08
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

Thanks for the help. I would have been mad if I went all the way there just for them to tell me no:evil: lol

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
GameStop would trade in puppies if they fetched decent prices. I'm sure they'll take your game.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Yeah, they'll probably still take it.
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts
[QUOTE="blackchaos08"]

lightleggy
I dont know much about gamestop but I have heard that they are total jerks when it comes to buying your games, I heard that a guy traded 3 games for 10 buck D:

I think they take like 1/3 of the price of the game it would cost now. Wonder how much 7 x-box games would cost lol
ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
i work at gamestop, and i will tell you yes we will take it. go ahead and take the plastic off though, cause at my store, my manager wont let us take games still in plastic. it isnt going to net you extra credit any way. with that said, i believe the top you are gonna get is $25, which sucks. and arkham asylym and infamous are good games that shouldnt be missed. neither is uncharted 2 though.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

yeah, for 5 bucks.

Selene622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Selene622
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have a grand theft auto san andreas game for the ps2 and i took it into gamestop and they said they couldn't accept it. Do you know why?
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I have a grand theft auto san andreas game for the ps2 and i took it into gamestop and they said they couldn't accept it. Do you know why?Selene622

Weird, my husband and I traded in some games in our library today that were PS 2 games. We traded in our duplicates and games we just plain HATED. We still have some games that we forgot we even had two copies of that we need to trade in. We didn't get too much for the PS 2 games, but the PS 3, Wii and PSP games we got more for. Maybe the employee at the Gamestop you went to was just being lazy.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I have a grand theft auto san andreas game for the ps2 and i took it into gamestop and they said they couldn't accept it. Do you know why?Selene622

If the game version is before the "Hot Coffee" mod was made public, the game is considered "AO" rated due to content, and they are not allowed to take it. I have the version and I've taken it into several stores, all have asked what version it is, and all have pushed it back across the counter like it's irradiated when I tell them it's the HCM issue.

As far as trade values, they base that on supply and demand - And the supply of GTASA was ridiculous (everyone bought it), so buy-back on that is going to be very low because there are millions and millions of the game discs on the planet. Now, if it were "Pinball of the Dead", less circulation means much harder to find. Same with "Marvel vs. Capcom 2"... harder to find, so more interest in buying.

And the people who work at GameStop don't set policy, so casting aspersions on their character is misdirected. If you want to target GameStop people, go after the manager-level employees at the very least, and better-yet find out who the CEO is, and go stand outside HIS home with a bullhorn at 4am telling HIM he's a jerk. The 18 year-old kid jokeying the counter is just there trying to make a paycheck.

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

[QUOTE="Selene622"]I have a grand theft auto san andreas game for the ps2 and i took it into gamestop and they said they couldn't accept it. Do you know why?MonkeySpot

If the game version is before the "Hot Coffe" mod was made public, the game is considered "AO" rated due to content, and they are not allowed to take it. I have the version and I've taken it into several stores, all have asked what version it is, and all have pushed it back across the counter like it's irradiated when I tell them it's the HCM issue.

How can you tell if it's before the Hot Coffee mod?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="Selene622"]I have a grand theft auto san andreas game for the ps2 and i took it into gamestop and they said they couldn't accept it. Do you know why?RatchetJunkie20

If the game version is before the "Hot Coffe" mod was made public, the game is considered "AO" rated due to content, and they are not allowed to take it. I have the version and I've taken it into several stores, all have asked what version it is, and all have pushed it back across the counter like it's irradiated when I tell them it's the HCM issue.

How can you tell if it's before the Hot Coffee mod?

See for yourself. Essentially if the disc was encoded prior to June of 2005.

Linky Below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Coffee_minigame_controversy

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Yes they will, for whatever the used game trade-in value. Whether it's brand new, sealed, or not for resale.. or used.. it doesn't matter. They all trade in for the same. But the sales associate would probably tell you to sell it eBay.. that's if he/she was cool enough. :P Seriously, if you missed what I just said.. Sell it on eBay or Amazon.com.