Will Battle Royale be better than Super Smash Bros?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tuc48038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tuc48038
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts

It's a legitimate question, and sadly, as much as I'm a PS3 addict, I must say probably not.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I have yet to play any version of it but according to sources it plays very different from Smash Bros. However so far the reception of it hasn't been that welcoming. I for one will probably get it eventually, just wish they did better with the roster. It really seems like they are just using characters like "Dante", "Raiden", and "Big Daddy" to promote upcoming games. I love Bioshock and the Big Daddy character, but he is not a Playstation All-Star. Same goes for the new Dante.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

With the current character roster Battle Royal has? Heck no.

I probably will never get it unless they added ps1 exclusive characters.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
lol no it definitely wont be better than smash bros, it does play different and it might be a pretty decent alternative than smash bros but it's no smash bros killer
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I have spent over 100 hours with Smash Brother and Battle Royale is one of few expected games I'm interested in.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

No way, I might pick it up sometime but I don't expect SSB awesomeness. Same goes for LBP Karting in comparison to MK. Nintendo has been making the games for years so they have a lot of practice.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Nintendo has a long head start with 3 episodes of Super Smash bros. With 2 more coming. Sony on the other hand is just having it's first Battle Royale. So by experience alone. Nintendo wins. Playstation Battle Royale will always live in the shadow of Smash Bros. So my answer is no.

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
I predict i will enjoy both equally.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

ristactionjakso
Yeah, where are all the classic PS1 characters? If anything they defined PlayStation when it started out. It also would've been cool if they added any Square Enix characters. I feel like they are really limiting themselves with this roster
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

I have yet to play any version of it but according to sources it plays very different from Smash Bros. However so far the reception of it hasn't been that welcoming. I for one will probably get it eventually, just wish they did better with the roster. It really seems like they are just using characters like "Dante", "Raiden", and "Big Daddy" to promote upcoming games. I love Bioshock and the Big Daddy character, but he is not a Playstation All-Star. Same goes for the new Dante.

NoirLamia777
Yeah its funny how its the first game and they are already becoming reliant on 3rd party characters.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Hard to say, but if I had to say, I'd say no.
Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

mav_destroyer

Yeah, where are all the classic PS1 characters? If anything they defined PlayStation when it started out. It also would've been cool if they added any Square Enix characters. I feel like they are really limiting themselves with this roster

Yeah, it is Playstation All-Stars not Playstation 3 All-Stars! How cool would it be to have Cloud and Sephiroth in its roster!

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
ill let you know when the game releases... played the beta...was very fun...just as fun as brawl..so.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I have to say, while it will probably be enjoyable enough, it won't hold a goddamn candle to Smash. Just not enough interesting characters or content there to compete.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

Sepewrath

Yeah its funny how its the first game and they are already becoming reliant on 3rd party characters.

Yeah, they should have stuck with older characters and kept the 3rd party ones as dlc, that way they are optional and it would make more sense. Of course this doesnt' apply to any MGS character, they deserve to be in it.

hassyfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hassyfit
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
No it definitely wont be better than Smash Bros. I can't stand carbon-copy games, especially of quality franchise games like Smash Bros. Besides a few characters, I think the roster is absolutely terrible. The fact that there are only 20 characters, which Smash Bros has more than double that. Definitely a No-Brainer!!
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

No it definitely wont be better than Smash Bros. I can't stand carbon-copy games, especially of quality franchise games like Smash Bros. Besides a few characters, I think the roster is absolutely terrible. The fact that there are only 20 characters, which Smash Bros has more than double that. Definitely a No-Brainer!!hassyfit

I thought there were 40. 20 that you start with plus 20 unlockables. Also smash has less then 40 and several clones.

I think trying to make it different from smash by only super moves getting you kills is a terrible idea. If it weren't for that, then I think it could have been a solid competitor for Smash, especially given how weak the online in Brawl was. Hopefully there's a more traditionial mode. Also I hate the graphics.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

My chrystal ball told me no it wont be, but it will still be a good game.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#19 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="mav_destroyer"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Soilworkcob

Yeah, it is Playstation All-Stars not Playstation 3 All-Stars! How cool would it be to have Cloud and Sephiroth in its roster!

Yep. I mean they could add Tomba!, Spyro, Alundra, Sephiroth, Cloud, Ryu and Emporer Fou-Lou from BoF 4.

Even Ps2 exclusives like Jaster Rogue from Rogue Galaxy, Dragonquest 8 characters.

And that's just naming a few.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

It's a legitimate question, and sadly, as much as I'm a PS3 addict, I must say probably not.

tuc48038
Here's my question: Does it need to be?