This topic is locked from further discussion.

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 DepressionMoon
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

I've been having trouble with my PS3 wifi for a while I can usually only get a good signal about every three weeks and most of the time it only lasts for a few hours. I'm trying to get something done this weekend and I wanondering if anyone knows of any tips on catching a signal. I have a %50 signal strength on linksys, so I'm wondering why I can't get one, but it always does that. Oh and my space might be a bit limited because I have the game sitting close to the ground on a box while the TV's on high in a fixture. I appreciate all the help I can get.

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DepressionMoon
I forgot to mention this isn't a wireless router i'm using a random one I get when I scan the area range. On occassion it might last me to about three days.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Ok, wow. I'm confused.

aznpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 aznpickle
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Go ask the guy you're stealing internet from to help you with your problem.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
You need to get your own internet provider and your own router is what I get from this post. If you were useing your own router you can go in and tweek the settings to get the max out of it. If your useing someone elses network then there is nothing you can do at all.
Mr_SmokesAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Mr_SmokesAlot
Member since 2009 • 120 Posts

Go ask the guy you're stealing internet from to help you with your problem.

aznpickle
lol right. my buddy just bought a slim yesterday and he doesn't have an ISP. he's plannin on stealin connection until MW2 comes out.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

So he was stealing. How sad. :(

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DepressionMoon

You need to get your own internet provider and your own router is what I get from this post. If you were useing your own router you can go in and tweek the settings to get the max out of it. If your useing someone elses network then there is nothing you can do at all.jimm895
Aww but i'm unemployed so I can't get my own service. I was able to get it in time for the giveaway, but now I just want to play some Uncharted 2 online and I can't.

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DepressionMoon
I got the wireless router you suggested, I can't get it to work though. I see a 100% signal strength, but I can't sign in with it. I get an error or either it says can't obtain IP address. I got a linsys G router . About 3 people suggested that to me.
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
The wireless router will give you a wireless network. However, you still need internet access. As in, you need to contact an ISP and set something up.