why was saints row canceled for the ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#1 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
i just saw that the game has been canceled why? i saw that saints row 2 was coming oput for the ps3 but why not 1?
ian_fisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#2 ian_fisher
Member since 2005 • 7758 Posts
The game was having frame rate issuesso Volition and THQ decided to put their full efforts on Saints Row 2 instead of working on Saints Row.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Because Saints Row 2 is coming for the PS3, they didn't want to be pressed for time, making Saints Row 1 for PS3, then 2 after. They haven't worked on the PS3 and that can be a challenge which would cause them to use a lot of time as a learning process therefore Saints Row 2 would probably come out for the 360 first if they launched Saints Row 1 for the PS3 then you wouldn't hear much about Saints Row 1 for the PS3 until a few months after. If they just start off with 2 they can use the time to learn and to have the game ready with the 360. Plus it might have been a waste of money considering they would have launched SR1 and then SR2 would be around the corner and the PS3's fanbase will be bigger by the time SR2 comes out so it makes sense.
sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
they prob just thought screw it lets leave it and make both for both systems (as in forget 1 and move onto 2)
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

they prob just thought screw it lets leave it and make both for both systems (as in forget 1 and move onto 2)sonic0491

Which is very smart and reasonable.

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#6 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
that sucks that means that saints row 2 wont be very good on the ps3 sinse its the first they have made thats gonna be another thing for xbox owners to jump around about
sgallag_play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 sgallag_play
Member since 2006 • 2007 Posts
They whated to have more poeple working on saints row 2 so they canceled then to get more poeple
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
I was expecting this game, too bad.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic0491"]they prob just thought screw it lets leave it and make both for both systems (as in forget 1 and move onto 2)MusashiSensi

Which is very smart and reasonable.

I agree. Is always better to start fresh.

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
that sucks that means that saints row 2 wont be very good on the ps3 sinse its the first they have made thats gonna be another thing for xbox owners to jump around aboutd_ano
well, we obviously have a video game developer right here with us today. you know what assumptions make you, right?
Bloodzombie77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 Bloodzombie77
Member since 2003 • 244 Posts

Can't say I blame 'em for doing that. Because I don't know if anyone else has remembered the now-subsiding trend (thankfully)of sub-par ports from the 360 to the PS3. I mean, in all reality, who wants another 360 port that's just gonna get trashed up and down by the gaming community for being a day late and a dollar short? Or in better terms, a year later and STILL $60?

Lest we forget how hard it was to justify $60 for Oblivion on PS3.

GastaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GastaS
Member since 2004 • 245 Posts

Can't say I blame 'em for doing that. Because I don't know if anyone else has remembered the now-subsiding trend (thankfully)of sub-par ports from the 360 to the PS3. I mean, in all reality, who wants another 360 port that's just gonna get trashed up and down by the gaming community for being a day late and a dollar short? Or in better terms, a year later and STILL $60?

Lest we forget how hard it was to justify $60 for Oblivion on PS3.

Bloodzombie77
i just saw that the game has been canceled why? i saw that saints row 2 was coming oput for the ps3 but why not 1?d_ano
i just saw that the game has been canceled why? i saw that saints row 2 was coming oput for the ps3 but why not 1?d_ano