Why the hate for COD WaW?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

I think this will be as good as it's predecessor if not better. There will be more maps, more game types, more weapons and more perks. Don't be cruel give the game a chance.

The idea of playing Capture the Flag should be enough to get excited in my book.

Which is it for you? A must buy or pass?

Danieldbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Danieldbest
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
Simple. It's just a rip off of cod 2 and 4.
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 burock76

Simple. It's just a rip off of cod 2 and 4.Danieldbest

Well if those are (especially 4) considered the best games in the series, I don't see why that's a bad thing?

cdecrosta03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cdecrosta03
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

[QUOTE="Danieldbest"]Simple. It's just a rip off of cod 2 and 4.burock76

Well if those are (especially 4) considered the best games in the series, I don't see why that's a bad thing?

IT's not bad but its annoying because it feels like a map pack and a gun pack! Doen't seme worth 6o bucks! Ater a few matches it will feel to similar and get stale!

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 burock76

I watched some online gameplay footage, yes it looked like COD4 (gameplay wise) but still got me excited. Seeing those dogs chase after you, hearing those S.S. talking crap with their accents. Zombie German soldiers.

What made Cod4 a hit was not only modern warfare aspect, but the ranking system and the perks. Since we have all those with the new installment I am really looking forward to the newer approaches in this game such as on and off-line co-op.

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

I'll probably check it out as I'm not happy with Socom at all. Still, after putting so much time into COD4, I wish you'd get a little bonus for your character for World at War.... I know it's not the same game, but a badge or something would be nice.

sh4yo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 sh4yo
Member since 2008 • 149 Posts
It feels like a WW2 mod for COD4.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

It's WWII.

It could have the greatest innovation we've ever seen in video games and no one would really care.

It's not really hate, it's just apathy.

Murko74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Murko74
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
From all accounts that I've seen on Gametrailers, this looks to be one of the best FPS coming out before Christmas. The fact that you not only have a single player game/campaign but one that you can co-operatively play with friends is the logical next step. How exciting is is going to be to play and have the story unfold right in front of you and say three buddies. I don't really know how many players it is exactly but you get the idea. Plus you can also complete the story mode by yourself as well. Adding the Nazi Zombie board to the online play is going to be fun. Fom what I understand, the zombie keep regenerating and the developers have only gotten to level 24. So you can put a squad together that can beat them that will be something.
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 burock76

It's WWII.

It could have the greatest innovation we've ever seen in video games and no one would really care.

Scianix-Black

Well if this was built with the same aspect of "modern warfare" like COD4, nothing would have changed except the region of the world that you fought on. The weapons, perks, attachements everything would have to be the same. If you wanted to make these more modern then you'd have to turn the game into sci-fi shooter. (a killzone clone maybe) So as a sidenote I really am looking forward to what extent can they go with this "modern warfare" thing.

Besides I don't remember playing a COD game that took place in the Pacific front before.

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts

Yeah, I remember I didn't want this game. Soon as I got invited into the beta on 360...BOY! did it change my mind. Just like CoD 4, but just a different setting.

Anyone that likes COD 4, I highly suggest you get it.

ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
Couldn't care less about this one. Not that I hate on it or anything.
bloodshot191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bloodshot191
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
i personally will get any cod game ive played every game since cod 1 and all the ones on the ps2 and i hear ppl complaining about it being in the ww2 setting but its in the pacific so its something new i can only recall 2 other pacific ww2 games and ofcourse its gonna be like cod 4 cuz its a cod game wut do think its gonna be like , moh or somthin
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I was a huge fan of CoD4 but I think WaW is boring(i'm in the PC beta). It plays a lot like CoD4 which would be fine but the game is a year old, and they try to release the same thing with some new skins, it doesn't do a whole lot for the gameplay. Also WWII era guns just arn't as fun
Danieldbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Danieldbest
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts

It is boring because it is always the same thing. They just comboed cod2 and cod4.

Let's just say that they remade COD2 using the COD4 engine and maybe added a few stuff.

shabazz5th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shabazz5th
Member since 2004 • 648 Posts

Treyarch have a bad rep amongst gamers. Ever since COD3 came out, it was a HUGE dissappointment and their reputation has been tarnished ever since.

This game uses the same engine as COD4, so it will look very similar, just the soldiers will have different costumes and different guns...no worth the purchase IMO.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
i do not think i am going to get this game i might rent it, but i agree its COD2 and COD4 blended together. My buddy is going to get it so ill play uit at his place and tht might decide if i buy it or not.
sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts

i don't get it why u all hate world war II i mean it's better thyan modern warfare. I want a WWII these days , i don't know why but i just do

Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 224385652654335052701865008979
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts
If Infinity Ward is not responsible for this game, I'm afraid that it's probably not going to be very good.
henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

The problem is, it's a year after COD4. If the new COD is only as good as COD4, then it's not really as good a year after. WHere's the innovation? Where's the next big wow?

If every freaking game is only as good as the best game ever made 10 years ago, we won't even see all the good games today. Game needs to evovle as people's expectation gets higher and higher.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts
the thing I hate about CoD4 is a lot of people I met act as if thats the only game out there... it just seems at times thats all someone will play... but CoD WaW looks cool I just hope its not blown way out of proportion
Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts
You gotta admit the whole WW2 thing has been done to death. That's my main reason for not being pumped for COD5; although I'm certain it will live up to Call Of Duty standards gameplay wise. I'm still waiting for Call Of Duty Vietnam...
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
yep ww2 is over and done with, where is vietnam, battlefield did it and it was great with playable music for in game from that era. WE NEED A VIETNAM game.
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
most people hate it because it's back to ww2.
Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts
No hate for it on my end. I've liked every CoD game I've played. Call of Duty 4 is def one of my top 5 games ever. I like WW2 games so I'm excited for WaW. Day 1
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
yeah i wish cod4 had capture the flag
Hoferman_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hoferman_PS3
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

It feels like a WW2 mod for COD4.sh4yo

I agree. It has seriously ticked me off. I really enjoyed Call of duty 4 but in the future i want a different and improved game. I was looking at some videos of the beta on the 360 and i noticed that all it was, was a world war 2 version of cod 4.

Everything is the same as call of duty 4. I watched some one get an achievement. Guess what, it was one of the ones of cod4. They even fall over when they die just like on cod 4.

I am shocked. and not in a good way. I wont be getting it.

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

Simple. It's just a rip off of cod 2 and 4.Danieldbest

So, you're saying a sequel to a game is a rip off of a prequel.

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

I don't know... I just read a review of the game and I think I'm hooked. The perk system is pretty sweet and I think they adapted it well for the WWII era. You can get flack jackets to help you with granades. That's cool.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts
I'm looking forward to this game. It's going to be the last game I buy this year.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

It's WWII.

burock76

Well if this was built with the same aspect of "modern warfare" like COD4, nothing would have changed except the region of the world that you fought on. The weapons, perks, attachements everything would have to be the same. If you wanted to make these more modern then you'd have to turn the game into sci-fi shooter. (a killzone clone maybe) So as a sidenote I really am looking forward to what extent can they go with this "modern warfare" thing.

Besides I don't remember playing a COD game that took place in the Pacific front before.

That's true, but like the rest of WWII, it has been done before by the likes of Medal of Honor.

Now, I'm not saying the game is going to suck, I'm just saying no one cares about it because of the general understanding that it's a WWII shooter.

It's probably a great game because of the CoD4 engine, but there are just too many AAA titles this quarter that deserve my attention more than CoD5.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

yep ww2 is over and done with, where is vietnam, battlefield did it and it was great with playable music for in game from that era. WE NEED A VIETNAM game.POPEYE1716
dunno about the vietnam game

its like saying " lets make a game about the war in iraq and afghanistan!"

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]yep ww2 is over and done with, where is vietnam, battlefield did it and it was great with playable music for in game from that era. WE NEED A VIETNAM game.supa_badman

Not really, because it's illegal to do that since those wars aren't over.

Plus, there already have been games on Vietnam.

fizzlegloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 fizzlegloop
Member since 2007 • 692 Posts
i dont know why people think that cod5 is going to be horrable. I think that its oging to be the best game of the series yet. I think it will be quite fun to try and get used to the new gameplay and everything.
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Game looks fun.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="supa_badman"]

[QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]yep ww2 is over and done with, where is vietnam, battlefield did it and it was great with playable music for in game from that era. WE NEED A VIETNAM game.Scianix-Black

when the war is over, of course. whenever that would be.

but of course to go into a war that really does not have any specific reason for the fighting shouldnt really be a war at all.

thats why a game on the war in the middle east will be tough, because there will hardly be any plot let alone a story line.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"][QUOTE="supa_badman"]

[QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]yep ww2 is over and done with, where is vietnam, battlefield did it and it was great with playable music for in game from that era. WE NEED A VIETNAM game.supa_badman

when the war is over, of course. whenever that would be.

but of course to go into a war that really does not have any specific reason for the fighting shouldnt really be a war at all.

thats why a game on the war in the middle east will be tough, because there will hardly be any plot let alone a story line.

But there would be a storyline, easily.

None of the wars in the past had any good reasons to happen, but they did, and we've made countless movies about them.

The thing is that the movies aren't about the wars themselves, but mainly about fictional or non-fictional characters and how they're affected by the wars.

This is the same basic guide lines we'll be seeing movie makers, and game developers, following in the future whenever it comes to media pertaining to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Even CoD4 was about a completely fictional war with a "middle eastern country," starring fictional characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#39 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I dont have any hate for it. I just think that they made a HUGE mistake going back to WW2, and not continuing the future storyline.
TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

In my opinion CoD has had its moment. Yeah, CoD4 was great, was one of the first games I picked up for my PS3 and I adored it and it kept me hooked for months. But now with online shooters trying new things and with CoD5 basically being CoD4 but set in WWII, I can't see the point in this game.

It has the same online mode and leveling system ect. Maybe a new storymode but if its as short as CoD4's storymode then it doesn't appeal me at all because CoD4 was all about the online mode and if CoD5 is a carbon copy but in WWII, then I'd just rather spend my money on something new, Restistence 2 for example.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Using guns from WW2 just isn't as fun as using modern ones.
boss130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 boss130
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
day on e purchace for me! I already have one on reserve. I personally love any WW2 game and that is my preference for the COD series. That being said....COD 4 was brilliant
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 burock76

The problem is, it's a year after COD4. If the new COD is only as good as COD4, then it's not really as good a year after. WHere's the innovation? Where's the next big wow?

If every freaking game is only as good as the best game ever made 10 years ago, we won't even see all the good games today. Game needs to evovle as people's expectation gets higher and higher.

henry4th

Well maybe that is the problem. I mean gamers expect "the perfect game" but I think it won't be produced even if they had the resources. Why? because that would be the end of games. I've seen a lot of games getting overrated because of the hype.

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 burock76

In my opinion CoD has had its moment. Yeah, CoD4 was great, was one of the first games I picked up for my PS3 and I adored it and it kept me hooked for months. But now with online shooters trying new things and with CoD5 basically being CoD4 but set in WWII, I can't see the point in this game.

It has the same online mode and leveling system ect. Maybe a new storymode but if its as short as CoD4's storymode then it doesn't appeal me at all because CoD4 was all about the online mode and if CoD5 is a carbon copy but in WWII, then I'd just rather spend my money on something new, Restistence 2 for example.

TheCraving
I am almost certain that the story mode this time will be longer and more exciting. You have the option to go at it co-op remember. That puts the devs in a position where they "must" make the story mode longer and more interesting. Maybe we will be able to play different fronts of the WWII as soldiers of different nations. Russians, Germans, maybe even Japanese.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
If a game doesn't try to be better than the last then its gonna become the next Ratchet and Clank. What is the difference between Ratchet and Clank and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction? Hardly anything at all.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
its about brand loyalty. People dismissed this COD when they heard it wasnt IW. It seems like the exact same game, for better or worse. No other FPS has come close since, so ill gladly buy it, even if it will feel like a large expansion pack
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

its about brand loyalty. People dismissed this COD when they heard it wasnt IW. It seems like the exact same game, for better or worse. No other FPS has come close since, so ill gladly buy it, even if it will feel like a large expansion packsignore

yes, and the key word here is gameplay. No shooter compares to cod4's gameplay in my experience. I don't like the fact that it's WW2 either, and only about a week ago i was preaching to skip it, but i just love cod4 so much i don't even care that CoDWaW is just a re-hash of CoD4. I know i'll have fun, and that's all that matters in the end. I'm sure more people will come around and codWaW will have a large fan base.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

simple:

1. it's treyarch not infinity ward so it's the makers of cod3 and not cod4.
  2. it's wwii again, what made cod4 fresh and great was that it broke from the wwii shooters
  3. there's much more interesting games out there even in the same genre such as R2,Far Cry2, and to an extent Mirror's Edge and Fallout3

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 burock76
now that most of the people have played or seen someone playing COD WaW, I think opinions are changing for better. Let's admit that this game is really as good, if not better, as COD 4
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

Why is COD WaW more expensive than all other PS3 games? I checked the price and it's $64.99 rather than the usual $59.99