Why PS4 hasn't got any ecomonic line like Platinum or Essential?

DERHYUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 DERHYUS
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts

I wondering why, four years after launch, PS4 hasn't platimun games yet.

Anyone know why?

I bought my PS4 last november so there are a lot of "old" games from 2014 or 2015 that i would like buy (of course, in physical format), so... wouldn't be great if sony will release any ecomonic line of games?

Thank you for your answers.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Doesn't need to.

Besides, that's up to developers.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@DERHYUS: Its been renamed to GOTY editions.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

@GTR12: Quick question. So will there never be platinum or essential for ps4 for if i am not mistaken there was GOTY for ps3 also.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ps3hdalltime said:

@GTR12: Quick question. So will there never be platinum or essential for ps4 for if i am not mistaken there was GOTY for ps3 also.

I don't work for Sony lol, but based on how this gen is going, I doubt it will happen.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

@DERHYUS: Are just posing that as a question or are you asking about it due to wanting discounts on games. There are tons of games that are $20 and below right now. You do not need a label for games to be cheap. You can games like Knack, Killzone, Infamous, The Evil Within, Tearaway, Until Dawm, Bloodborne (orginal), Ratchet and Clank, Street Fighter 5, The Last of Us, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Doom, Tales of Zesteria, Final Fantasy X, The Mega Man Collection, Shovel Knight, Etc. The greatest hits line of titles usually have questionable color schemes. Cheap games are already available. The only reason the "greatest hits," "platinum," or "best for family" lines were introduced was to get more people to buy games that already sold well. These lines were made purely for marketing purposes. A ton of games are already cheap. There is no reason to really introduce a line at this point in time.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

You can get quite a few cheap games that are 18+ months old if you're in the US. In the UK we have only one major retailer and that is GAME and they keep prices ash ig has possible for as long as possible. You could get a preowned game but then with modern online components, that can be problematic.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

the problem is ... most games need update to make them closer to a good game and too many games need an online part to make it survive more than 4h and so a shit ton of game will be unplayable in a few years and many of the first game that came out have no one play it anymore so forget online play.