why not make an option??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delta426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 delta426
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
ok, im just wandering. why dont developers just make an option to turn off cussing, and all that stuf?? it just seems like that would get them more sales.
matt_r2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 matt_r2009
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
Why would you want to do that?:? but I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion..
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts
I'd select the option that maximizes the cussing in the game. :P
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I'd select the option that maximizes the cussing in the game. :Prothman713

Definitely...every third word. Now that's some intense cussing. lol 

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
I still wanna know what's the first game to use the "F"... The first I ever heard it was in FEAR... and there have been more and more since.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
You guys should play The Getaway for the PS2. Almost every spoken sentences in the game has a 'F' word in it. :P
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

XD 

ok, im just wandering. why dont developers just make an option to turn off cussing, and all that stuf?? it just seems like that would get them more sales.delta426

Well, because if you can't tolerate the content, then really, you shouldn't be playing it.  That's akin to saying that film makers should offer the entire spectrum of ratings for their movies, which is ridiculous.  Moreover, most games that have swearing, also have one or more of the following: Drugs, violence, (partial) nudity, violence, blood and gore, violence, and various other more maturely themed content.  Oh, and did I mention violence?

It just seems a rather ridiculous thing to worry over considering the other content contained in most games that have swearing.

What if the swearing is needed for realism?  For instance, in Resident Evil 2 during a cutscene, when the big bad mutant is about to totally ruin one of the Umbrella S.W.A.T. agents, the agent runs out of ammo in his submachine gun, and says: "Shoot!"

Shoot?  You're about to be evicerated, torn limb from limb, and you say shoot?  I don't think so.

There are more reasons I can voice, but I won't.  For now. :P 

medhopeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 medhopeful
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

Hahahaha! now that's what i'm talking about!

archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts

No kidding right, like ingame parental controls. That'd be so possible with blu-ray, atleast with some games.

Like turning off gore and stuff, then they could make a game rated e to m.

Tribalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tribalice
Member since 2005 • 140 Posts

[QUOTE="rothman713"]I'd select the option that maximizes the cussing in the game. :PEtherTwilight

XD 

ok, im just wandering. why dont developers just make an option to turn off cussing, and all that stuf?? it just seems like that would get them more sales.delta426

Well, because if you can't tolerate the content, then really, you shouldn't be playing it.  That's akin to saying that film makers should offer the entire spectrum of ratings for their movies, which is ridiculous.  Moreover, most games that have swearing, also have one or more of the following: Drugs, violence, (partial) nudity, violence, blood and gore, violence, and various other more maturely themed content.  Oh, and did I mention violence?

It just seems a rather ridiculous thing to worry over considering the other content contained in most games that have swearing.

What if the swearing is needed for realism?  For instance, in Resident Evil 2 during a cutscene, when the big bad mutant is about to totally ruin one of the Umbrella S.W.A.T. agents, the agent runs out of ammo in his submachine gun, and says: "Shoot!"

Shoot?  You're about to be evicerated, torn limb from limb, and you say shoot?  I don't think so.

There are more reasons I can voice, but I won't.  For now. :P 

I agree with you.

There is a part i SH3 when you walk thourgh a hall a 'horror house' and suddenly a corspe fall of the roof directly in front of Heather and she doesn't say anything. In that part a frind and I shout at the same time 's..., you s....' so loud that the entire neightbourhood could heart us! 

EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
I agree with you.

There is a part i SH3 when you walk thourgh a hall a 'horror house' and suddenly a corspe fall of the roof directly in front of Heather and she doesn't say anything. In that part a frind and I shout at the same time 's..., you s....' so loud that the entire neightbourhood could heart us!

Tribalice

I'm really hoping that when the next Silent Hill comes out, there are at least a few in-game reactions to some of the things that happen.  Like in Silent Hill 3 - the best Silent Hill, by the way - where there's that filing room with the mannequin, and you walk around to the other side of the shelves, and you hear a loud screech?  Holy crap, that scared the hell outta me. XD  But, as you said, I was kinda disappointed to have no reaction from my in-game counterpart.  It definitely doesn't negatively affect the game any, but it'd certainly be a really strong point to seeing at least a gasp or something.

I mean fighting ghosts with swords, wheelchairs moving around by themselves, babies armed with knives...there's some really screwed up stuff in the Silent Hill series, and I cannot even begin to fathom how I'd deal with half of it if it were happening to me, and I'd certainly like to feel that the character I'm playing feels the same way.

*Shrug* 

TheJoker003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheJoker003
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts

It wouldn't make the characters be real if something about to kill them or something dead drops in their lap and they say nothing or say shoot

Jeeceofx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jeeceofx
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
Come on people, he never suggested to take cursing out of games entirely, he just said it could be an option and I agree that it would help sales, though probably marginally.