Why no love for PS3????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

Im a huge fan of L4D. I have both for my 360 but would love to see them come to PS3 with extra content and better graphics. Why no love for PS3?? I would totally buy them both again.

Anyone know of any games out OR coming out that are zombie killing games? And nothing like zombies in COD or anything, I mean the read deal..:)

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Valve hates PlayStation, always did.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
we are getting the grinder, but dont expect anything special.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
welll theres Dead Rising 2. but i have no idea wens it coming out
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VanDammFan

Valve hates PlayStation, always did.Flame_Blade88

I just dont know whats up with some developers and platforms of choice sometimes?? Heck its more money in their pockets and happy customers to boot.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VanDammFan

welll theres Dead Rising 2. but i have no idea wens it coming outLP4EVA2005

Im not expecting much from it. I played the demo of the one for 360 when it came out. Had full intension to buy it, but there were so many complaints about the same system that is cared me away from it. It got great reviews from people except the saving..

MAYBE the 2nd one will deliver the goods??

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Valve does not like the PS3 so they stick to the PC and 360. I really don't care anymore after I played L4D 2 at a friends house. Yeah it is a good game but not great enough for me to care if it comes to the PS3 or not anymore.
Jeff-Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jeff-Ryan
Member since 2010 • 698 Posts
they just being a douche.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Valve hates PlayStation, always did.VanDammFan

I just dont know whats up with some developers and platforms of choice sometimes?? Heck its more money in their pockets and happy customers to boot.

But in this case it makes sense, unfortunately. Valve has a very small, dedicated team for PC/360. To get a team together for the development on PS3 would be very expensive and would take away valuable resources from their proven money-makers. They have stated they do not wish to do this. It seems that Valve is NOT hurting from this at all.
Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Valve hates PlayStation, always did.danjammer69

But in this case it makes sense, unfortunately. Valve has a very small, dedicated team for PC/360. To get a team together for the development on PS3 would be very expensive and would take away valuable resources from their proven money-makers. They have stated they do not wish to do this. It seems that Valve is NOT hurting from this at all.

I agree with you. Sadly, this issue is always going to be around, and not even just Valve. There are always going to be those who want to develop certain games for certain or all systems.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Holdup as the Valve fan(boy)s explain for you.
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Valve hates PlayStation, always did.VanDammFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RNXIhccXLc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR8CVLVmKQs&feature=related

No Left 4 Dead 4 PS3

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Valve hates PlayStation, always did.hardyfan8

No Left 4 Dead 4 PS3

I look forward to how you'll type "four" when Left 4 Dead 4 comes out in two years.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

Vavle loves ATI and they arent very good at porting, so how exactly do u propose they make the games with better graphics JUST for the ps3 when the general rule of thumb is that multi console games look better on 360 (Bayonetta, Resident Evil 5, Turok, etc). Only way to make it look better on the PS3 is a complete rebuild which isnt worth their time i am sorry.

bm1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bm1212
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

I think dead rising 2 is coming out on the ps3 and there is also resident evil 5 on the ps3.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

It would be great if Left 4 Dead came to PS3

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

L4D sucks. It's a game I simply do not care for in favor of much better games.

Avatar image for RockinTheCasbah
RockinTheCasbah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RockinTheCasbah
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts

[QUOTE="hardyfan8"]

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

Symphonycometh

No Left 4 Dead 4 PS3

I look forward to how you'll type "four" when Left 4 Dead 4 comes out in two years.

Agreed.

SilverWings385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SilverWings385
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i wont be surprised if Microsoft is paying some cash under the desk to the developers i mean they do got the cash after all...
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

Because they have bad taste.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I played the original L4D on the 360, and honestly think it's overrated, far too simplistic.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#22 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Valve only will develop for Microsoft I don't care much for Left 4 Dead. But some companies who are independently owned only develop for Sony like Sucker Punch Productions and Insomniac Games.

smestad1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#23 smestad1
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts
Valve hates PlayStation, always did.Flame_Blade88
Hates playstation? don't quite see how they can hate playstation(sony)...please reply and explain? Well all i can say VanDammFan is that i guess the Valve-games goes under the category "Games for windows" but that can't be 100% right? guess some other OS can also have steam...so I would rather like to know Flame_Blade88's opinion there..
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

People say that Valve hates the PS3, but that's not 100% true. I've heard some of the game developers there would actually be interested in it. However, Gabe Newell (who pretty much IS Valve) will not have it. He basically refuses to even acknowledge that the PS3 exists. Kind of sad really since Valve is one of my all time favorite dev teams :(

DaSaint93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 DaSaint93
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts

man for me this is a pain that will never heal i used to have the xbox 360 and L4D was the last game i played on it coz it soon crashed i then got a ps3 later on in the year and i love sony they are awesome i have always had a PlayStation (when the ps3 came out it was so much money that i couldn't afford it so i got an xbox 360 thats the reason i had the 360 before the ps3) and i have a big craving for L4D and i would do anything to get it on the ps3 but sadly i do not see it happening :cry:

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I don't think we will get any kind of good zombie shooting type of game for PS3 in a while. Maybe, if valve finally does decide to bring L4D over. Well, that would be good.

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="hardyfan8"]

No Left 4 Dead 4 PS3

RockinTheCasbah

Agreed.

Or how they'll do Left 4 Dead 6. Two hands? Polydactyl?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#28 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
VALVe has earned the clout that they have in the industry. That being said, you won't see VALVe products on the PS3 because of multiple reasons: - They are very small compared to the likes of EA, Epic, Capcom, etc. From a staffing standpoint, VALVe is much closer to an "indie" size of company than the mega-corps like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. - Sony is well known and reputed for their corporate arrogance and contempt. Their lack of support or assistance in making the conversion of Source to the PS3, and the incomprehensibly difficult to use SDK's for the ps3, only served to frustrate the efforts of their staff. After all, how would YOU feel if something you were working on suddenly broke because of one new feature, or that something you expected to work without issue is now suddenly causing widespread problems, without any ability to trace it back to what is causing the problem? That's pretty much the summary of working with the ps3 sdk, or any of the ps3 compiler tools in linux.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

The nazi zombie maps, not the 1st Blow L4D away.......

Better guns, way better graphics, funnier characters, better environment...........

Dont know much about L4d 2, but the 1st was horrible

Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Valve has the worst graphics engine next to Bethesda. Who cares. Valve suck anyway the only decent game they made was TF2. All their other games are bad, especially the nintendo 64 graphics.

hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardyfan8
This should also be in System Wars , this is a banning hazard.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VanDammFan

This should also be in System Wars , this is a banning hazard.hardyfan8

IF I get banned for making this thread I was never meant to be part of these forums. I dont think its inappropriate at all.

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

After all, how would YOU feel if something you were working on suddenly broke because of one new feature, or that something you expected to work without issue is now suddenly causing widespread problemscodezer0

You mean like the red ring of death?

HA!

Avatar image for Visible_ninja69
Visible_ninja69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Visible_ninja69
Member since 2008 • 1214 Posts

L4D sucks. It's a game I simply do not care for in favor of much better games.

Shad0ki11

I think you and me are alone. I didn't find it fun at all.

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

i feel you bro lets wait for dead rising 2. valve were always MS fanboys dont expect to see L4D on PS3

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

Valve a small dedicated dev team? not. Look at their Steam market and their huge AAA titles released year after year. Clearly Valve are disregarding the PS3. Gabe Newell is a whore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RNXIhccXLc Please just put this guy into L4D 3 and kill him.
FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts
EA is the publisher although its not listed on either of the boxes for L4D or L4D2. If Valve put them in charge of the port it would happen, EA knows how to develop on the PS3. Valve is just a bunch of lazy asses that won't put forth the effort to develop on PS3 "because the Cell's arcitecture is too complex",
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Think it mostly stems from the hard time Valve had porting Orange Box to the PS3. It took them more time and resources than the 360, and still ended up with technical issues that the other versions didn't have.

Other companies that release multiplats usually develop the versions simaltaniously across all platforms and don't run into problems. Valve on the other hand has always been primarily a developer for PC. They build their games for the PC then decide to port it. The jump from a PC game to a 360 game is not much of a step, however from PC to PS3 on the other hand takes considerably more time and resources...and in this case they are probably figuring it's not worth their time and money to port it.

hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardyfan8

[QUOTE="hardyfan8"]This should also be in System Wars , this is a banning hazard.VanDammFan

IF I get banned for making this thread I was never meant to be part of these forums. I dont think its inappropriate at all.

I have posted the most logical and cool NONE trolling threads on here and have gotten suspended.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

dont beleive everything you hear...ms payed valve to work only wid microsoft and not ps3..thats the story, not this stuff they are trying to feed us with
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Symphonycometh

i wont be surprised if Microsoft is paying some cash under the desk to the developers i mean they do got the cash after all... SilverWings385
I'd be less surprised if the lack of Valve games stem from an idiot of a person in charge of what console gets the games. I've heard the "They're used to the PC" excuse as well as the "small team" one, but seriously. That personally sounds silly. Like the crap Enix feeds us as an excuse kind of silly. And yes, mods, I'm already used to some of you calling people fanboys for daring to have a different opinion about another console's devs.

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

well i hear sony london and media molecule are developing two different titles. lets hope one of them is a L4D killer.

valve hates the ps3 because they can't develop anything for it.