Why isn't the hype so high for Modern Warfare 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Nate_
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts

I'm a huge CoD fan, uhh for those BF3 fan boys I mean you no harm lol. Uhhh anyway I don't see why the community isn't fully hyped up for MW3. Any insights?

I'm pretty disappointed that Mw3 has even been shipped in my country, I've been calling my local retailer and kept asking for any Mw3 things and they've said over and over "No sir we don't have anything at the moment."

Insights on thiss. -_______-

benz1980i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 benz1980i
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

What? They are making a Modern Warfare 3?

screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
Maybe it's just too much of one thing is taking its toll
PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

I think it's just a tired series at this point. Not to mention every installment after CoD4 has been either praised or hated depending on who you talk to. I guess the CoD fanbase want to get their hands on the final product and experience the online before being disappointed by the hype train all over again.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

I guess bec they releasing it every year,thats why I guess people not hyped about it any more,just like sport games which release every year ,u never see people so hyped about it any more,bec its a regular game that they get every year but they get it bec the shirts gets newer ,more teams added,etc..

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

There's a rivalry against CoD and BF fans? for one, consoles, but for games? :?

tjrt345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tjrt345
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
probably because Black Ops was a flop, and i guess COD is getting a bit old. still im looking forward to it because even if it is more of the same, it will still be fun
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Hype for what? New maps and few little tweaks? For full price? Every year? Again and again? No thank you.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

What? They are making a Modern Warfare 3?

benz1980i

:P....Anyway, even though I am looking forward to it, I can also understand the "HARSH" and in some cases "JUSTIFIED" critism of the MW franchise. It's the John Madden of shooters...same bi-yearly game with some minor changes. As I said before, I am looking forward to it I'm just not super hyped.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

People eventually get bored doing the same thing over and over and over I guess.

1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts

I am not too sure why the hype isnt higher. I guess there is just too many people trying to convince themselves that BF3 was worth the money...

MW all the way IMO.

1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts

People eventually get bored doing the same thing over and over and over I guess.

Jackc8

Are you trying to say that the BF franchise doesnt suffer from the same thing? You can say that about ANY FPS WAR FRANCHISE. There are always a minor few tweaks, some added gameplay etc, but in the end, its just a map pack change with different guns. I think you need to be a bit less biased.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
the commercial looks too much like mw2...im bored of the same game over and over
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
While majority of fps games pretty much are similar in many ways, after excellent call of duty 4: modern warfare every game after that simply felt too much alike in many ways. As time goes by even cod veterans could look for something fresher and different. All that said, millions dollars marketing and past success wont stop majority of people from braking new records with mw3. Its just the way world works.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Because those of us who've been playing it from the beginning have grown somewhat weary of the product

COD1: :)

COD2: :D

COD3: :evil:

COD4: MW :shock:

COD: WAW :(

MW2: :)

Black Ops: :|

MW3: :roll:

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
Cause it's another Call of duty game... it's like saying "Why isn't anyone as hyped for the new Tony Hawk game?" Same thing, different levels but for CoD, same thing, different levels, new skins.
doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

They have actually changed some things

games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/5-things-know-call-duty-modern-warfare-3-191245776.html

ugh it wont link it

Avatar image for brownpriderider
brownpriderider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brownpriderider
Member since 2004 • 311 Posts

Because those of us who've been playing it from the beginning have grown somewhat weary of the product

volume_three

this

SimpsonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SimpsonKnight
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

Because this is Gamespot and the people have a borderline unhealthy devotion to Battlefield. Also, they release a new Call of Duty game every year which dont leave any time for any serious to be built up.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
probably because Black Ops was a flop, and i guess COD is getting a bit old. still im looking forward to it because even if it is more of the same, it will still be funtjrt345
It wasnt a flop at all. It sold really well.
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

you kidding me, it has the top preorder numbers. but i havent been interested in COD since MW1. its been the same exact thing for years now, and im bored of it, im not paying full price every year for such a similar game.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 almossbb

I am not too sure why the hype isnt higher. I guess there is just too many people trying to convince themselves that BF3 was worth the money...

MW all the way IMO.

1337h4xx0rz

im not buying COD or BF because they are running the same game which i hate, yearly releases of the same game.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 almossbb

[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

1337h4xx0rz

Are you trying to say that the BF franchise doesnt suffer from the same thing? You can say that about ANY FPS WAR FRANCHISE. There are always a minor few tweaks, some added gameplay etc, but in the end, its just a map pack change with different guns. I think you need to be a bit less biased.

MW and BF suffer the same fate.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
I'm gonna switch over from battlefield to call of duty.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i'm looking forward to MW3 next week

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Skyrim comes out three days later so.......

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Skyrim comes out three days later so.......

hanslacher54

My thoughts exactly... MW3 is gonna be the game I play online with friends, but the majority of my game time will be in the amazing world of Skyrim.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i will say this i haven't played any battlefield games but from the cod games i have played they are really generic shooters with very short stories and online gets hacked soon after its release and isn't as fun as it should be and i don't get why people buy the same game every year
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

It might have something to do with CoD fans sticking to CoD related articles/stories/videos etc...unlike the fans of that other FPS.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Because MW2 was a game that made a lot of people disappointed and a lot of people happy. Also, the series just feels stale at this point. They haven't had a major shift creatively since CoD4 and after 3 games that basically copy that formula with minor tweaks, it's starts to lose it's luster.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#31 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Oh there's still plenty of hype and it will sell a lot. But the number of people against COD is growing, which is evident in communities of gaming sites such as this. I want to say because of the increasing hatred, it won't be the best-selling COD game, but again, there are still tons of people who will get it...
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

MW3 is the same game, it has the exact same engine as MW, MW2 and BLOPS, atleast BF3 has an updated engine.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Why isn't it so high? I walkin down the block and I hear people talkin about taking the week off of work to play MW3. The Pre oerders are high and a lot of my friends are ready do it up once again. People can hate all they want for the sake of doin it, but one thing is for sure is that the games are still fun even after all these years. Ca'nt wait to play this with my boys and go into that spec ops.

Zallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zallant
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Fans have grown tired of CoD, it's the same old stuff. We'll still get it cause it's fun lol, but we aren't overly hyped for it.
ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

I'm a huge CoD fan, uhh for those BF3 fan boys I mean you no harm lol. Uhhh anyway I don't see why the community isn't fully hyped up for MW3. Any insights?

I'm pretty disappointed that Mw3 has even been shipped in my country, I've been calling my local retailer and kept asking for any Mw3 things and they've said over and over "No sir we don't have anything at the moment."

Insights on thiss. -_______-

Nate_

The Call of Duty series is very generic. Nothing has changed. No matter how many times you re-skin, change a name and change things around, it's still the same. This is just my opinion. I suppose the reason why it's so successful is because it has an easy learning curve, where it doesn't take much thought to operate. Gaming is still a casual market that out weighs the hardcore following. Casual game equals casual market.

Because of Activision and it's developers charging for over priced dlc and recycling maps too save money and make a lot of money of it's buyers, other developers from other companies want a peice of that pie we call money and success and are copying Call of Duty's recycled garbage. That right there is what is ruining the gaming industry. Lack of creativity, no passion and greed.

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

great games are coming out....

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

great games are coming out....

ddlcpc

Much better than Call of Duty, but the American market loves it's boring shooters. Well, most do....

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
What's there to be hyped about? It's just more of the same again. Not saying its a bad thing of course, its quite a fun online game and Activision is still going to make kajillions regardless of how hyped it is.
BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
I'll buy it. I always say that I won't because its just an expensive DLC, but there is just something about that first few days of a new COD.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Oh I've heard a lot of hype around here, in the form of bashing the game in battlefield forums. I see little reason how BF3 is more entertaining than CoD. It's more realistic? Ok, but that doesn't make it more fun to play.
Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

volume_three
I read this and went oh my gawd hes right ! lol hopefully you'll be able to change the mw3 face to teh cod4 face. Lol I mean all it takes is the right weapon balance and fantastic maps and its instant fun. OT um good question cause cod fans arent hyped for it. they played it last year but will buy it again. Its like Madden fans buying the new madden for the new roster. Same thing. imo
Gretien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gretien
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Because it's pretty much the same thing as MW2. Same engine as the last 4 games and nothing really new (except the few new killstreaks and perks.)
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Oh I've heard a lot of hype around here, in the form of bashing the game in battlefield forums. I see little reason how BF3 is more entertaining than CoD. It's more realistic? Ok, but that doesn't make it more fun to play. Ghost_702

Its different atleast, they added jets and a new engine, CoD hasnt done much new, unless that Elite thing is what people classify as new.

T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Call of Duty is basically the same thing every year. But its still going to sell millions of copies, most likley more than Battlefield.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

volume_three
exactly
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#47 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm looking forward to it, the single player will no doubt be short but sweet, and the multiplayer will be great for the first couple of months before the mostly-noobish and hacker-filledcommunity decide to ruin it like they did in MW2.