why is the max payne movie rated pg-13. when the game was a brutal m rating

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

i think thats rediculous, since its pg 13 that means theyre gonna take out some of the serious story elements from the game, and not only that but

i was expecting a blood bath of a movie of epic proportions, im dissappointed!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
You know why? Because movies based on videogames always suck. /thread
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jerkface96
i guess thats true huh , but come on this one has marky mark haha
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts

i guess thats true huh , but come on this one has marky mark hahajerkface96

Ya, well, this "Marky Mark" you speak of, though he may be an Academy Award Nominee (winner?) for The Departed, does little to improve the flop that was M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening".

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts
The Departed was such a good movie...
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
I am going to assume that it's because the movie is going to be Pussafied.
-NOXiK_AOPK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -NOXiK_AOPK-
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts

Omg why are you guys tripping out on the pg-13 rating...

OMG so the game is M rated so what they can still show blood....and curse here and there...

Aside from this Mark is a great actor....and is prfect for the roll of Max Payne...

And if you honestly belive that movies based on video games suck...then dont watch them....and stop compalaining

gosh you guys are irritating

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

But I wasn't complaining...

shala85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 shala85
Member since 2004 • 136 Posts

They simply can't release a movie that is rated above PG-13. Their investers won't allow it.

I think the movie first received an R rating, but since they toned it down to a PG-13.

BTW anything above PG-13 -> less people allowed to see the movie -> less screens on which the movie will be shown -> less theathers toshow the movie -> less money made for the greedy b**** in their leather seats -> everything gets toned down to PG-13.

So next time you see a moviemaker brave enough to release his movie with a rating above PG-13, be sure to thank him.

There is however a good chance that they'll release a director's cut or unrated edition of the movie later on.

And to those movie raters at the MPAA: 'Dare to face the reality, which is not PG-13'.

-NOXiK_AOPK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -NOXiK_AOPK-

But I wasn't complaining...

Scianix-Black

i wasnt addresing u...

i was tlkn to all the people that hate video game based movies....

its simple DONT WHATCH THEM!!!!

SSSJDanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 SSSJDanny
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I agree Mark Walhberg is a good actor. But still they should've made it a Rated R movie because they keep doing this crap for every movie so they can sell tickets to all these teens... if not they'd loose money cause not everyone will be able to see it.

Example: Pineapple Express, I thought it was a preatty funny movie, but they didnt make much money cause the movie was rated R.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
lol my brother and i had a good laugh about that a couple hours ago....that movie is bound to fail with that rating....
-NOXiK_AOPK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -NOXiK_AOPK-

I agree Mark Walhberg is a good actor. But still they should've made it a Rated R movie because they keep doing this crap for every movie so they can sell tickets to all these teens... if not they'd loose money cause not everyone will be able to see it.

Example: Pineapple Express, I thought it was a preatty funny movie, but they didnt make much money cause the movie was rated R.

SSSJDanny

true i liked pineapple exppres...

but what i think is gonna happen with this "Franchise" of Max Payne is that they'll see how much they braougth in...in sales...and it it high enough there will be another...and most likely R rated...its happen in the past with a lot of sequals...

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Pg-13?Well then I will not be watching it.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I love video game movies, I like everyone I've seen aside from the Uwe Boll ones. You've gotta keep an open mind and don't be such a fanboy for two hours long enough to just have fun.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
True about the open minded part.But alot of the game movies I have seen were terrible...
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jerkface96
well if yo ulook at the movie wanted that was rated r and it made a lot of money, also they better no start watering down games like they do movies just so they can sell more i like my movies and games gritty haha
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
You guys do realize that other than the title and character name this movie has warped about as much material from the actual game as possible, right? Have you even seen the trailers?
Lauryn2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#19 Lauryn2000
Member since 2005 • 2582 Posts
If it was rated R the demographic that plays or played/or knows anything about the game,wouldn't be able to go see it.PG-13 gets the ones who the movie is focused on in the theater but also makes as violent as tolerated.

Hitman was a decent movie---I can't remember if it was R or PG-13 but I'm going with it was an R...
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

If it was rated R the demographic that plays or played/or knows anything about the game,wouldn't be able to go see it.PG-13 gets the ones who the movie is focused on in the theater but also makes as violent as tolerated.

Hitman was a decent movie---I can't remember if it was R or PG-13 but I'm going with it was an R...
Lauryn2000

Ummmmmm, the first game was released in 2001, that was 7 years ago. So if the demographic that played MP is not able to get into a rated R movie then that means they were 10 years old when playing it.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Simple---Hollywood wants more moviegoers. If it was rated R, then that movie would have lost a lot of its audience. It's all about the $$$.

i think thats rediculous, since its pg 13 that means theyre gonna take out some of the serious story elements from the game, and not only that but

i was expecting a blood bath of a movie of epic proportions, im dissappointed!

jerkface96
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

You guys do realize that other than the title and character name this movie has warped about as much material from the actual game as possible, right? Have you even seen the trailers?sportwarrior

Indeed, its a real insault to the game, and the sad thing is that every movie based off a game is in exactly the same case.

hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

Ummmmmm, the first game was released in 2001, that was 7 years ago. So if the demographic that played MP is not able to get into a rated R movie then that means they were 10 years old when playing it.Large_Soda

Also, an R rating does not mean forbidden... It means not recommended without an adult supervision. That adult can pretty much be the person next to you in the line.

Really... has any of you not being allowed to enter a cinema after standing in line because you were too young? That is one of those rules most places don't enforce.

Besides, R does not means a de-facto censorship like AO in games... NC-17 is. And there are over three times more R movies released than PG-13. It is just that studios now have being watered down to appeal to young audiences more than, let's say, 20 years ago...

All that being said, the movie is going to fail. Might be wrong, but game based movies ussually flop and are at most "decent" (even those relatively close to the source material, like Silent Hill). Mark is a good actor, but he has his own flops, like "The Happening" and "Planet of the Apes". And the director is decent, at best...

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

They simply can't release a movie that is rated above PG-13. Their investers won't allow it.

I think the movie first received an R rating, but since they toned it down to a PG-13.

BTW anything above PG-13 -> less people allowed to see the movie -> less screens on which the movie will be shown -> less theathers toshow the movie -> less money made for the greedy b**** in their leather seats -> everything gets toned down to PG-13.

So next time you see a moviemaker brave enough to release his movie with a rating above PG-13, be sure to thank him.

There is however a good chance that they'll release a director's cut or unrated edition of the movie later on.

And to those movie raters at the MPAA: 'Dare to face the reality, which is not PG-13'.

shala85

Correct... by the time it gets a home release it will include all of the footage that was taken-out.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="sportwarrior"]You guys do realize that other than the title and character name this movie has warped about as much material from the actual game as possible, right? Have you even seen the trailers?gekidami

Indeed, its a real insault to the game, and the sad thing is that every movie based off a game is in exactly the same case.

Not true...the trailers look like it will be pretty accurate to the game....but nobody truly knows. Let's just wait and see.