why is the ds more popular than the psp???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lockman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lockman9
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
guys I read from a site that said the ds is more popular.Why is that?I'm not a psp hater or anything like that,I just want to know.
ramonl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ramonl2
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts

Well I have both I dunno right now I've been on my ds non-stop cuz of Chrono trigger but thats another story :P

1.psp is more powerful as it is pricey

2.DS is more cheaper

3.DS has variety (Total shovelware)

4.PSP has short library but most of them are awesome plus you can buy games off the PS store the DS doesn't even have an Internet browser

Really people who say that Its because of sales

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I like my PSP more than my DS. The DS just appeals more to the younger audience and plus it's Nintendo, their known for their handhelds.
darkwolfyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 darkwolfyboy
Member since 2008 • 610 Posts

Its because

1 The DS would get more sales as it is becoming adult freindly.

2 Nintendo? It has grown up with video gaming junkies, so the DS will be praised out of fanyboyism.

3 Better libary. (The PSP is a PS2 for your pocket)

4 Uniuqe.

zer0_cool16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zer0_cool16
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have both but I can honestly say I enjoy DS a lot more and I use it a lot more. Perhaps it's because DS redefined portable gaming and took it to levels beyond a fancy graphics could reach(Yes PSP, I'm eyeing you!).
james007_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 james007_14
Member since 2007 • 3036 Posts
The PSP doesn't have a large and varied library that the DS has. Sony doesn't have the same name recognition for the handhelds as Nintendo does. The DS is targeted for everyone while the PSP isn't.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Well it seems Nintendo knows Handheld gaming Gameboy,Gameboycolor,Gameboy Advance,Gameboy Advance Sp,Gameboy Micro, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS lite. And Now Ninendo DSi.

mainly Nintnedo's Stlye of games is suited to handheld gaming. Plus Nintendo handhelds are cheaper than the competition. Plus Nintendo is still popular with people.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
because nintendo is more reputable in the portables department. tbh i think thats all they really have now, a brand name. but ill save it for SW...
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Cost is probobly a huge factor. Its also a neat idea, having two screens (one a touch screen) as the primary means of control. I don't think that anyone can argue that it has a huge software library (both good and bad games).

All in all its a fun system.

But, also remember, that popular things are generally trash.

Uhhh... I guess what I am saying is form your own opinion after spending time with both systems. I actually have Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core playing on my PSP and Final Fantasty IV playing on my DS :)

Ze_Common_Cold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Ze_Common_Cold
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts
The DS has just a much larger libary, and you can probably get around 50 good games on the DS, while 20 great one's on the PSP. And most people carry around a cellphone/ipod and a ds, so they really don't need the multimedia stuff, and they have their ds for their gaming, considering a larger amount of games (there may be shovelware on the ds, but it's good games make up for it. It's not like anyone's forcing you to buy Petz Horses)
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts

The DS has just a much larger libary, and you can probably get around 50 good games on the DS, while 20 great one's on the PSP. And most people carry around a cellphone/ipod and a ds, so they really don't need the multimedia stuff, and they have their ds for their gaming, considering a larger amount of games (there may be shovelware on the ds, but it's good games make up for it. It's not like anyone's forcing you to buy Petz Horses)Ze_Common_Cold

PSP also have Petz Horse too.

Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

I enjoy playing both in the same way, but I agree that the DS has a better library.

DS games I own: Pokemon Diamond, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, The World Ends With You, Chrono Trigger DS, FF Tactics A2, Phantasy Star Zero, Soma Bringer

DS games I want: Pokemon Platinum, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

PSP games I own: Crisis Core FF VII, Monster Hunter Portable 2, FF Tactics War of the Lions

PSP games I want: Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, FF Agito XIII, Phantasy Star Portable, Monster Hunter portable 3

Conclusion: DS best portable for now, PSP more promising

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
from the way I see it is OLD SCHOOL games..and variety, but I like my psp more than my ds
inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts
I have both and I think that the ds is a lot more gaming-friendly to people. The ds also has a library of games that are "different" than the usual. The ds gives a nice experience you won't probably experience in other consoles..... like Phoenix Wright (even though it was an improved port from the gba trilogy Gyakuten Saiban) and Elite beat Agents
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Cost, game selection, just the name having a good reputation with handhelds. I sold mine a while ago and don't regret it. I thought the touch screen was kinda dumb.
infamous_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 infamous_27
Member since 2008 • 857 Posts
Nintendo owns the handheld market. I'm surprized the PSP is doing this well!
JayUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 JayUK
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts

My mum who is 54 and has never played video games owns a DS for Brain Training type stuff, book collections and cookery recipes. My nephew and 2 nieces all own DS's which are their first gaming experience for games like Nintendogs, Petz, Barbie and other stuff with cute or pink covers.

In short the DS's demography is massive and pretty much appeals to everyone where as the PSP is still for your 'normal' gaming ages of around 14-40.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
I own both and I think it's because the battery life. They both have great games and sucky games. They're both great handhelds on the go. I really love the PSN Store on the PSP because now I can download those small memory arcade games (like super stardust portable)
Muffinlybliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Muffinlybliss
Member since 2008 • 225 Posts

Nintendo is only better because it appeals to younger aduiences, and that parents played with Nintendo when they were younger as well. Nintendo has been around a lot longer, thus knowing more tricks of the trade, and since it has a such a large library of child-safe games people prefer to buy it. Not to mention its cheaper, and has more people going for it.

Unlike what most people believe, the Nintendo DS gets as much problems as the Sony PSP. I've done a ton of research, while people say the PSP has problems with homebrew and piracy so does the Nintendo DS. They have been going after homebrew and piracy allowing tools and are suing them. Its only goes back to the point that its always been noted as a child-safe gaming device, all of the Nintendo devices have.

Adel4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#22 Adel4
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts
in my opinion, its obvious that psp is better, but ds has appeals to younger people. its fun and many games are similar to older classics that people miss. it and its games are cheaper, and has game sharing for any game that is multiplayer while psp is for specific games. like someone else said, psp doesn't get that much recognition for its games like the ds, but its still better (the psp), maybe it was because a lot of the best games for ds came out before more of the best from psp....
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
Nintendo has Pokemon and Tetris games for DS. I still wonder why Tetris may not come out to PSP yet.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23161 Posts

Nintendo has Pokemon and Tetris games for DS. I still wonder why Tetris may not come out to PSP yet.DeafNYCPlayer

Yeah, but PSP has Lumines...And Lumines = WIN.