FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 FanboyMcTroll
Member since 2017 • 274 Posts

I grew up with PC's but then I switched to consoles. I was tired of constantly upgrading the video card,, the sound card, the memory in my PC, every couple years I would get games and they would just start running slower and slower and I had to constantly shell out money for upgrades. So I switched to consoles. Now I buy one console every 10 years and I don't need to upgrade anything.

This is why I think consoles are better, pay one price and not have to worry about upgrades to video cards, sound cards, memory

I love my PS4

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

How very frugal of you.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

I'm a fear monger. I think the day will come when Steam will charge us to use their services or Steam shuts down and I lose my games. I like to own and be able to sell or trade games at my will and not have to worry about the possibility of rebuying games I really like. I'm not sure companies will ever fully support GoG. Developers fear their content will be pirated.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Tell someone who cares, AKA SW.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

I started with consoles then for a while was into PC gaming. Then when my current PC got to the point where it was out of date I decided to go for a console. I decided to go with a PS4 because most of my friends and my brother played on PS4 and that seemed to be the best choice for me. Also, and this is personal preference, I find it more comfortable and convenient than PC gaming.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LittleAngryDog
Member since 2018 • 263 Posts

Consoles are simple and focused on games. If you want to play without bothering with hardware optimizations and compatibilities, the consoles are the best choice. Console is great to be played sitting in an armchair or sofa comfortably. Everything you need to know or do on a PC the developers already do for you and send you an update patch for you to download.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FanboyMcTroll
Member since 2017 • 274 Posts

@littleangrydog: I also prefer to play with a controller, I don't know how people do it with the keyboard and mouse, I can't do it

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

How very frugal of you.

very good reply.

n4utilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By n4utilus
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

@fanboymctroll: Totally agree with you, I bought a PS3 a few months ago just to see how it all goes with consoles; hoping to upgrade to a PS4 soon.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I give this thread a day before it turns into a debate over who is the cheapest discount gaming option

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

I played an xbox 360 for 10 years and only on summer 2016 I got an xbox one s and in 2017 a ps4 pro and a pc with g4560 + 1050ti + 8gb ddr4 ram.

still remember when gta5 released on xbox 360 too. that just shows consoles are relible for a long time.

My 360 still works just fine.

I might not buy anything else for many years since I got lots of great titles to play on so many platforms

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12  Edited By Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

I started with Console, went to PC and dabbled as one of the so called "Master Race" folks, but now im back on Console. PC is good, Console is good too, but i have more genuine fun on a console.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Same here pretty much. Grew up with PC gaming, first FPS games were Wolfenstein and DOOM, Windows was not a thing yet etc etc. All my friends had a console of some kind (NES, SNES, Megadrive, Playstation, N64.) Even thought at some point my brother found emulators and I had an endless supply of different console games I always wanted to have the real thing. When this gen started I started to game on consoles exclusively. The last PC I build was in 2008 for Crysis. The current PC I have now is my brothers old one and I just surf the web with it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

Both are good options, my P.C. is primarily for work; but I did upgrade so I could play the likes of D00M IV and Divinity: Original Sin II with a decent framerate and at least High graphical settings. Scorn Beta was also a surprise treat.

For me it's if I'm in the mood to play a game with mouse and keyboard. Certain games just handle much better with that set-up over a gamepad/ arcade stick.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Wrong board, put it in SW where people can tell you how wrong you are ;)

(as for me: I'm not willing to limit myself at all. I have an awesome rig, several VR headsets, every console and every handheld. The only thing I really miss are a recent iOs device and a Win Phone device, I only use Android devices right now)

Aylmer777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Aylmer777
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

Personally, i prefer ps4 over pc as upgrading my memory card drives me crazy and with ps4 it's much easier

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I currently have a PS3, PS4, Switch and a gaming PC all hooked up at once. It's best to not have to limit yourself to one platform.

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Valkeerie
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

I grew up with the Mega Drive at my cousin and friends' house, and bought the Dreamcast as my first console, without knowing a thing about the Playstation. When SEGA quit the market, I knew that consoles were risky, and so I invested on PC. I have considered buying a console on multiple occasions, with the closest being the PS3, but only due to Blu-ray and backwards compatibility. The store didn't have that model and I quit. The thought of becoming a collector has crossed my mind though.

Avatar image for reaperinthyname
reaperinthyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 reaperinthyname
Member since 2018 • 273 Posts

Could never get into pc gaming, because I hate mouse and keyboard. And the fact that you're so close to the monitor.

And yes, it's very... VERY costly.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#21  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@fanboymctroll said:

I grew up with PC's but then I switched to consoles. I was tired of constantly upgrading the video card,, the sound card, the memory in my PC, every couple years I would get games and they would just start running slower and slower and I had to constantly shell out money for upgrades. So I switched to consoles. Now I buy one console every 10 years and I don't need to upgrade anything.

This is why I think consoles are better, pay one price and not have to worry about upgrades to video cards, sound cards, memory

I love my PS4

I know right? for PC I had to upgraded my sound card every 2 weeks CPU every month and I have upgraded my RAM so many times already! and my GPU just kept getting more outdated while on consoles graphics just magically improve over time by itself! not to mention on PC you just CAN'T plug it to a TV! but with consoles you totally can! and also windows is just to complicated, because like using a mouse is just too HARD, why can't a PC be more like a console and just do the absolute bare minimum functions of electronic devices? also every time i run a game I ALWAYS have to download config files just to be able to set the resolution that will allow the game to run on my macbook air! and the worst part is PC doesn't have Uncharted and the Last of Us! Therefore consoles are much better and PCs are generally for racist cis white males who support the patriarchy and refuse to give blacks and native americans reparations.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:
@fanboymctroll said:

I love my PS4

I know right? for PC I had to upgraded my sound card every 2 weeks CPU every month and I have upgraded my RAM so many times already! and my GPU just kept getting more outdated while on consoles graphics just magically improve over time by itself! not to mention on PC you just CAN'T plug it to a TV! but with consoles you totally can! and also windows is just to complicated, because like using a mouse is just too HARD, why can't a PC be more like a console and just do the absolute bare minimum functions of electronic devices? also every time i run a game I ALWAYS have to download config files just to be able to set the resolution that will allow the game to run on my macbook air! and the worst part is PC doesn't have Uncharted and the Last of Us! Therefore consoles are much better and PCs are generally for racist cis white males who support the patriarchy and refuse to give blacks and native americans reparations.

The sarcasm is strong with this one....

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

Modern PCs don't require anything other than video card upgrades every few years.

Your CPU, mobo, and RAM only need to be upgraded about once a decade if that. You could still be running an i7 920 from 2008 and be totally fine with modern games. And sound cards are no longer much of a thing. Nobody buys them. SSDs mean everything loads instantly. And no more gradual slowdown like with mechanical hard drives. Also SSDs almost never fail.

Everything in the OP is about 20 years out of date.