Why don't the monsters synch in MHFU?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts

The bosses synch when I play multiplayer with a friend, but the common monsters will not.

If this is intentional or not a problem only afflicting me; it's kind of seems like lazy programming, and is my only major fault with this title.

For example, I'll be killing a monster on my screen, but to my friend it looks like I'm just slashing the air. Or I'll see a monster attacking/charging my friend, but on his screen he (the monster charging him) is just grazing in the field.

rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
that doesnt sound right... i've never played multiplayer, but if what you say is the case for all copies of the game then you're right, that is crappy programming. It doesn't even make sense why that would have ever been an option on the drawing board for the game. What happens if you wipe out all enemies in a particular area but your friend doesnt? does this mean he could be pummeled to death by something on his game and suddenly he just dies from standing there on yours?
Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

It's always been like that, helps keep the network data small and dedicated for the players/bosses.

Oloryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Oloryn
Member since 2002 • 576 Posts

Lol, when I picked up Freedom Unite (my first MH game...amazing game, I've clearly been missing out) I was wondering about this too. Yeah, they probably do this to lighten the network load, and it seems later in the game it doesn't really impact the game as much when you are hunting elders or 2 large monsters anyway since the lesser monsters don't spawn often if at all anyway...and if anything it makes for some amusing moments...completely missing on a swing and saving your buddy's life on his screen, or my fav, rapid firing a monster on your screen that isn't there on your friend's and inadvertently lighting them up...good stuff!