Why does this keeps happening to my PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Well this aint much of a constant problem, first time that happened was around 3 weeks ago, last one was yesterday, between the period of the 3 weeks, it didnt happened anymore, until yesterday

well the thing is that sometimes when I quit a demo (by pressing PS>quit game ofc) the screen turns black and doesnt returns to the crossbar.

instead it makes the little "bip" that sounds when you TURN IT ON (and no im not turning it off since the lights dont blink and it remains green)

well yeah after that, the only way to put it back to normal is by turning it off.

after I turn it off, and put it back in, I get the message that shows when you connect an HDMI cable for the first time.

and I must get through the screen configuration again ¬¬

I know theres a big chance it's not much of a huge problem, but I'll just like to know what is it?

tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts
Never had that problem, I would reccomend contacting Playstation directly
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lightleggy
Never had that problem, I would reccomend contacting Playstation directlytonyf55
any mail I could contact them? cuz im not planning to take a plane to japan just to comment them about my problem
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
[QUOTE="tonyf55"]Never had that problem, I would reccomend contacting Playstation directlylightleggy
any mail I could contact them? cuz im not planning to take a plane to japan just to comment them about my problem

Theres something called a phone number..
Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
[QUOTE="tonyf55"]Never had that problem, I would reccomend contacting Playstation directlylightleggy

Japan? plane ? Just give them a call.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="tonyf55"]Never had that problem, I would reccomend contacting Playstation directlyb3yondstupidity

theres something called "not everyone on gamespot live in USA and I dont want to call there and spend like 20 $ (aproximated cost of internationals calls here, around 10 bucks the call and around 2 or 1 dollar per minute) and they dont have phone customer support for my country"
runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

So you mean there are triggers that go off randomly without explanation for their activation? Ive never heard of anything like that. Call Sony and find out wtf is happening before it gets serious.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
[QUOTE="b3yondstupidity"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] any mail I could contact them? cuz im not planning to take a plane to japan just to comment them about my problemlightleggy

theres something called "not everyone on gamespot live in USA and I dont want to call there and spend like 20 $ (aproximated cost of internationals calls here, around 10 bucks the call and around 2 or 1 dollar per minute) and they dont have phone customer support for my country"

try emailing them.
macho_c_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 macho_c_a
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts
i had thar problem, sometimes i could fool the console by pressing the PS button then choosing "theme settings" insteado of the "quit game" option, and i could back to the menu just fine. Then i just updated my console to the latest update and now i dont have that problem anymore, i can just choose the "quit game" option and i go back to the menu.
macho_c_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 macho_c_a
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts
so basically, just get the latest update on your console and that should fix it.
Hellfire-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Hellfire-1
Member since 2009 • 3532 Posts
This has happened to me twice before, but after I configure the screen, everythings ok again. The last time was about two months ago and everythings fine (knock on wood) . If you want to ask the company, I would try http://www.us.playstation.com/support/ps3 and go to the tab that says email consumer services for help, and if they're not the right people to go to, email them back and ask for the email of tech support. This should work as an alternative to a huge phone bill!
SagaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SagaRain
Member since 2009 • 602 Posts

This happens to me, can't really get it to stop either.. but not a BIG problem, and mine hasnt gotten worse since it started (1 year ago).

freekninjinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freekninjinc
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

I dont know why the screen goes black in your case(seems to be resetting the video to composite/component cable 480i signal),but the ps3 does that when you exit a game when the game isnt 'ready' to exit,i.e. the game cant properly respond because in the middle of something,and its responsible for returning to the xmb directly,so the ps3 stops the game,and then restarts instead of going straight back to the xmb.Maybe unplug a/v cable if you have both plugged in (hdmi/av or component av)

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="b3yondstupidity"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] any mail I could contact them? cuz im not planning to take a plane to japan just to comment them about my problem

ye JP SONY sux! there is only one language and all i can understand is *pon pua pong dong da dang da*
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lightleggy
so basically, just get the latest update on your console and that should fix it.macho_c_a
no, lol do you think that I dont have my ps3 with the latest update?
Ficadin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ficadin
Member since 2003 • 132 Posts

This happened twice to me while quitting the Arkham Asylum Demo. Screen went black, no crossbar. So I held the power button(on the actual console) until it turned off. When I turn it back on it boots fine, with no display issues or need to re-configure video settings, etc. I doubt it's something serious, but do any of you think its a pre-cursor to something serious and should get checked out? Thanks.

freekninjinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freekninjinc
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

This happened twice to me while quitting the Arkham Asylum Demo. Screen went black, no crossbar. So I held the power button(on the actual console) until it turned off. When I turn it back on it boots fine, with no display issues or need to re-configure video settings, etc. I doubt it's something serious, but do any of you think its a pre-cursor to something serious and should get checked out? Thanks.

Ficadin
demos have bugs,prolly fine
chiko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chiko1
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts

thats nothing mine does that beepin sound to like if it turning off dont worry about it

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

LMAO! Funniest thing I read all day.