Why can't I download my PlayStation Plus games for Jan yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sennexer
Member since 2015 • 35 Posts

It's the afternoon of the second of January and I still can't download the free games for January?

PlayStation store fucking sucks too - all game previews are in some 240p 1999 resolution wtf

Mugen00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mugen00
Member since 2016 • 12 Posts

The Ps Plus games for each month usually go live on the first Tuesday of that month (So the games for January will be available on the 5th).

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sennexer

@mugen00: thanks mate

Tbh that's fucking stupid of them though. People like me log on, get annoyed then piss off. Why not just make it as of the first, they're showing how little effort they put in.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@sennexer said:

Tbh that's fucking stupid of them though. People like me log on, get annoyed then piss off. Why not just make it as of the first, they're showing how little effort they put in.

No that's fucking stupid of you, the 1st of every month could be any day. 1st Jan 2016 was a Friday, and you know what, in a lot of countries, New Years Day is a public holiday and they aren't going to update the servers just cos some 10yr old *cough* *cough* got a PS4 for Christmas.

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sennexer

@GTR12: and yet Xbox manages it just fine.

"First Tuesday every month" pffft.

Explain why all the PS game trailers are in 240p or worse then, genius.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12

@sennexer said:

@GTR12: and yet Xbox manages it just fine.

"First Tuesday every month" pffft.

Explain why all the PS game trailers are in 240p or worse then, genius.

Go bone your xbox then. I'd like to see what MS do when the 1st of a month is on a weekend...

Learn to live with it, or keep yelling.

They aren't in 240p, they are 160p/240p/540p/720p/1080p, maybe you're internet just cant handle it.

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sennexer

@GTR12: that's not true friend. I have 100mbs speed and every video looks like it belongs on a gamegear.

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sennexer

@GTR12: do you only own a PlayStation? You seem very biased, and all your posts seem very negative and angry. Maybe you should take a break from the forum?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GTR12

@sennexer said:

@GTR12: that's not true friend. I have 100mbs speed and every video looks like it belongs on a gamegear.

So you live in South Korea? and you happen to have PS server next door to you?

100Mbps doesn't mean anything really, I only have 20Mbps but I can stream any video on the store in 720p minimum. It doesn't mean my connection is faster/slower than yours, there's a few factors to consider.

@sennexer said:

@GTR12: do you only own a PlayStation? You seem very biased, and all your posts seem very negative and angry. Maybe you should take a break from the forum?

Nope, I own a PC as well, had numerous Nintendo consoles as well, I just don't like xbox games.

I don't like it when someone comes complaining just because they want something right now. The PSN has updated on a Tuesday for the last 2 years, it was Wednesday before that, always 1st Wednesday of every month.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@sennexer said:

It's better business to make it a set day of the week and always update on that day.

Your idea is a very bad business model. Sony has it set up that it's store refreshes each week on the day that retail also refreshes.

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sennexer

@Jaysonguy: I disagree. Regular gamers aren't going to know that it's the first Tuesday every month, lime the fifth of January!

People are gonna see the free games advertised for Jan, try a couple times then think 'this is fucking bullshit' and not bother again.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

@sennexer said:

@Jaysonguy: I disagree. Regular gamers aren't going to know that it's the first Tuesday every month, lime the fifth of January!

People are gonna see the free games advertised for Jan, try a couple times then think 'this is fucking bullshit' and not bother again.

By "regular" you mean casual types?

Because that's exactly who will. Anyone with even a passing interest in games, music, and movies know they all come out on Tuesdays.

Also all it takes is one month for someone to understand the release schedule.

Facts have shown you to be wrong on this.

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sennexer

@Jaysonguy: this absolutely incorrect. I've have never heard of these things coming out on Tuesdays, and movies are usually released on Thursdays, for a good reason.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy

@sennexer said:

@Jaysonguy: this absolutely incorrect. I've have never heard of these things coming out on Tuesdays, and movies are usually released on Thursdays, for a good reason.

So you're uber casual then.

Well yeah, someone's grandma may not know when things come out.

For the rest of the world we know that things come out on Tuesdays.

Also movies certainly do not go on sale on Thursdays, it's Tuesdays for all three. (there's always one that picks an off day to launch but that's rare)

Lastly, I mean no disrespect here, but if you're not that familiar with how these things work how is it that you think your idea is right?

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sennexer

@Jaysonguy: I'm not American.

Never heard of things coming out on Tuesday. As for saying the whole world knows...In my cou ntry movies come out Thursdays. Nothing else is regularly put out on certain days. You fucking yanks think the world revolves around you.

You probably never even considered that.

Mugen00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mugen00
Member since 2016 • 12 Posts

@sennexer: Well the Tuesday system does have its flaws but it also means you only really have to check the store for any updates on Tuesdays, as that is usually the day the weekly sales go live and usually (in my case) when games are released. The only exception I can think of is the "flash sales" they have once in a while that you have to keep an eye out for and the games that don't release on Tuesday (some like to come out on Friday like I think this years Call of Duty).

Hope you enjoy your playstation bro! I know the system is a little weird sometimes but try to have fun!

Myron117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Myron117
Member since 2013 • 1449 Posts

Sorry but Sennexer is right in everything he's said.

A) It's silly putting it on the Tuesday instead of it being the first of the month constantly. Make it the first of the month just like how MS do it and there would be no confusion like how it is now. "new games for january" you dont expect it to arrive on the 5th do you?!

B) I also have a 100MB connection (which exceeds to 104mb at some points) Yet the store videos are disgustingly low quality. I mean abysmal!

@Jaysonguy said:

Because that's exactly who will. Anyone with even a passing interest in games, music, and movies know they all come out on Tuesdays.

I didn't know this and i love games. It's not clever, its confusing. If it wasn't confusing no one would be having this conversation.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GTR12

@Myron117 said:

Sorry but Sennexer is right in everything he's said.

A) It's silly putting it on the Tuesday instead of it being the first of the month constantly. Make it the first of the month just like how MS do it and there would be no confusion like how it is now. "new games for january" you dont expect it to arrive on the 5th do you?!

B) I also have a 100MB connection (which exceeds to 104mb at some points) Yet the store videos are disgustingly low quality. I mean abysmal!

I didn't know this and i love games. It's not clever, its confusing. If it wasn't confusing no one would be having this conversation.

A) No, because the 1st of January is a holiday in a lot of countries, I'm from Australia and the 1st of many months is a holiday. I don't expect people to work that day. Also what happens if the 1st is a weekend? yup you go work on a weekend.

B) And you live next door to the PS servers do you? you don't have 100MB (unless you live in South Korea). Just because your ISP says you have 100Mbps (yes the small "b" is important) doesn't mean everything is going to be as fast.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@sennexer said:

It's the afternoon of the second of January and I still can't download the free games for January?

PlayStation store fucking sucks too - all game previews are in some 240p 1999 resolution wtf

You must be new to PS+.

PS+ always updates the first Tuesday of the month. It's been like this for years, but now you know. That also means you get extra time to DL the games next month as well. It works both ways.

It's great because for years, I know that on Tuesdays new Sales items are going to be available on PSN. XBL for instance updates on Wednesdays, but with GWG they do it differently.

Also, you get more a 30 day window to DL them instead of 15 day smaller window with the "GWG" service.

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sennexer

@GTR12: so it would be nice to play the advertised games on your day off, wouldn't it.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I think any query has been answered and not SW thread material anyway.