This topic is locked from further discussion.

danyalhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 danyalhk
Member since 2005 • 121 Posts

why do people buy the 360 when it doesnt have free multiplayer,free themes,free wallpapers,free patches, many things for free.

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

Because it's a very solid console. It has better a better online setup and has more games right now. I have both and can honestly say that I play the 360 as much as I do the PS3. And now this thread will be locked and I'll probably get suspended again.

PSWi60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PSWi60
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts
shouldn't this be in console wars or something?
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts
patches are free on 360 they are called updates, and you can get free themes and gamerpics on 360. and you can make your own theme using there palete or using a vision cam. plus people communicate on xbox live, making online matches more enjoyable.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

The 360 online is years ahead of Sony its Crazy

And most people buy 360 games rather then ps3 just for achieviments,,,,,,just as everyone loved filling the boot camp challanges in COD4.

I get so mad when friends buy for the 360 rather the PS3,,, but they always give me those 2 reasons...online and achieviments

valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 valmonte
Member since 2005 • 736 Posts

why do people buy the 360 when it doesnt have free multiplayer,free themes,free wallpapers,free patches, many things for free.

danyalhk

More importantly, why are you posting this here?

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

Because it's a very solid console. It has better a better online setup and has more games right now. I have both and can honestly say that I play the 360 as much as I do the PS3. And now this thread will be locked and I'll probably get suspended again.

PS3videos

Umm 360 is a failure. PS3 ftw.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

xbox has better online, better and more games, and the ps3 is trash. haven79

thats a bold thing to say on a ps3 forum!

how about i come marching in the xbox forums and go guns blazing? like saying xbox doesnt have a better online, just a bigger community? and the ps3 isnt trash for those who actually enjoy games and arent fanboys?

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cebcubs1
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3videos"]

nVidiaGaMer

If 360 is a failure, then why is it still doing better in the US than PS3?

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cebcubs1
[QUOTE="cebcubs1"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="PS3videos"]

mjk_1

365 days... How's about we let the 360 sit a year out and we'll see where the consoles are then.

Well, I think you are PROBABLY right, but lets not forget that 360 has some strong (i.e. big sellers) coming out for it as well such as Gears 2, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, and the return of Banjo Kazooie (I'm not a fan, but I've read several people's comments on wanting this franchise to return), plus it still gets all the multiplats. I'm not saying that these games will be better than any of the PS3 exclusives, but they will be big sellers.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cebcubs1
[QUOTE="cebcubs1"][QUOTE="mjk_1"][QUOTE="cebcubs1"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="PS3videos"]

mjk_1

365 days... How's about we let the 360 sit a year out and we'll see where the consoles are then.

Well, I think you are PROBABLY right, but lets not forget that 360 has some strong (i.e. big sellers) coming out for it as well such as Gears 2, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, and the return of Banjo Kazooie (I'm not a fan, but I've read several people's comments on wanting this franchise to return), plus it still gets all the multiplats. I'm not saying that these games will be better than any of the PS3 exclusives, but they will be big sellers.

Yeah and that's great... But I can name games too... Haze, MGS4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Star Ocean IV, Motorstorm 2, LittleBigPlanet, L.A Noire, Tekken 6, Disgaea 3, Resistance 2... Oh and after playing ALL of those games, your PS3 will still work.

First of all, you need to read the entire comment. If you had actually read it all, you would have seen that I'm not trying to put down the PS3 and its many great exclusives. I was simply pointing out that 360 will also be hitting it hard with sequels to their highly rated and numerous selling titles. Second, 360 still has a lead over PS3 by being out earlier and releasing many more and stronger games than PS3 (AGAIN, I'M NOT SAYING THE 360 GAMES ARE BETTER, THEY'VE JUSTHAD STRONGER SALES IN THE PAST), and it'll be hard for PS3 to make it up, although games like MGS4 will help a lot. Third, READ FIRST POINT AGAIN.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cebcubs1

by "numerous selling titles" I meant the titles that had large sales numbers

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cebcubs1
[QUOTE="cebcubs1"][QUOTE="mjk_1"][QUOTE="cebcubs1"][QUOTE="mjk_1"][QUOTE="cebcubs1"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="PS3videos"]

mjk_1

Yeah and that's great... But I can name games too... Haze, MGS4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Star Ocean IV, Motorstorm 2, LittleBigPlanet, L.A Noire, Tekken 6, Disgaea 3, Resistance 2... Oh and after playing ALL of those games, your PS3 will still work.

First of all, you need to read the entire comment. If you had actually read it all, you would have seen that I'm not trying to put down the PS3 and its many great exclusives. I was simply pointing out that 360 will also be hitting it hard with sequels to their highly rated and numerous selling titles. Second, 360 still has a lead over PS3 by being out earlier and releasing many more and stronger games than PS3 (AGAIN, I'M NOT SAYING THE 360 GAMES ARE BETTER, THEY'VE JUSTHAD STRONGER SALES IN THE PAST), and it'll be hard for PS3 to make it up, although games like MGS4 will help a lot. Third, READ FIRST POINT AGAIN.

You're putting words into my mouth. I did not say that the 360 didn't have good games coming out, because it does. I was just listing the good PS3 games coming out. From what I understand, Microsoft has not profited YET off of the 360 console EVEN WITH the success of it's software sales, so hardware wise, i'd say it's not doing so well, especially when the hardware itself is defective. Perhaps once these big titles come out, MS will see some of that green.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you and put words in your mouth. I agree that MS is still loosing $ off the hardware, but I was under the impression due to some articles I read quite a while back that Sony is also loosing money off the systems because the peripherals are so expensive to make a system and the price we pay is actually lower than their cost to make one. Is this true?

footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts

danyalhk
the lemming affect, ignorance, or just want causal games to play now
cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cebcubs1

Yes sir but their product is not defective... It's interesting to see how they release hardware with a strategy of the software paying it all off. They just gotta be patient and they'll both see positive revenue. This is why I highly doubt that article about the analysist saying ps3 & 360 cuts.

yeah, I don't believe it either. I think it'll go down eventually, but with the strong game lineups for each system, they really don't have to drop console prices now to get the sales. I think it'll be at least a year b4 either the ps3 or 360 console prices fall noticebly.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

The 360 online is years ahead of Sony its Crazy

And most people buy 360 games rather then ps3 just for achieviments,,,,,,just as everyone loved filling the boot camp challanges in COD4.

I get so mad when friends buy for the 360 rather the PS3,,, but they always give me those 2 reasons...online and achieviments

TJSAGE

I love all 3 consoles for various reasons, but yeah, I typically buy multiplats on the "other system" for those two reasons.

And why is System Wars bleeding over into the ps3 forums?!?:?

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#23 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

PS3videos

If you got suspended for that then man GS needs to do something with their rules.

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

I actually got suspended for saying sticky threads are garbage. This was at the height of the GTA IV posting epidemic. Whatever. Meanwhile, this thread continues. It's funny how fanboys cling to the idea that their console is better. I mean, I run an expensive PS3 fan site and I'm saying that the 360 is a good console. What's wrong with just admitting that the PS3 has some catching up to do?

hnic7466

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hnic7466
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts

i hate when people say a console is trash

all 3 consoles are great i used to own all of them i will admit though i sold my 360 but i only did it cause the only system my friend had was a dreamcast so i sold it to him. all 3 systems are great in a different way all of them have great games coming (well im a little upset with my wii's 3rd party but i wont tlk about that)dont say a system is trash then get all offended when some one elce says the same thing. also dont say its trash if youve never tried it i know im gonna get a bunch of post saying "i tried it and i got the rrod3 times" oh well you got bad luck i only got it once and all i did was take it back 2 gamecrazy and they gave me a new one the same day. anyways ive gone of track too much whole point of this was no system is trash

DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DSPX
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts
The only reason I'm keeping my 360 is for Splinter Cell 5 and Banjo Kazooie. I never play online, and I don't care about achievements.
nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nohnaimer
Member since 2003 • 513 Posts
[QUOTE="cebcubs1"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="PS3videos"]

mjk_1

Actually 360 is still selling better than PS3 in North America right now.

Well to answer the original poster's question, 360 have their own lineup of strong exclusive games. Already out theres, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo 3 etc with several big name exclusives coming out this year as well like Fable 2, Too Human, Gears of War 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Splinter Cell etc.

nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nohnaimer

You're putting words into my mouth. I did not say that the 360 didn't have good games coming out, because it does. I was just listing the good PS3 games coming out. From what I understand, Microsoft has not profited YET off of the 360 console EVEN WITH the success of it's software sales, so hardware wise, i'd say it's not doing so well, especially when the hardware itself is defective. Perhaps once these big titles come out, MS will see some of that green.

mjk_1

360 became profitable since Jan 08.

SNESGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SNESGOD
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

I adore all three machines,.. I use all of them online,.. and they all offer agreat online service,... yes even Wii, folks,.. MARO KART WII online is perfect,...... however,......

I think it is ridiculous you have to pay for a monthly subscription to XBOX LIVE,....its daylight robbery,.... I mean, come on,... its not really that much diferent than PSN, is it????

To be perfectly honest with you,... (and I am in no way biast to any format),.. I actually prefer PSN,... its easy to use, has all my old favourites coming out from the PS1 days, has stuff for my PSP,... oh,,.. and its completely free,.... I mean come on MICROSOFT,... you are going to have to stop charging me money for doing exactly what I do on my PS3 for nowt!!!

I do not have any favouritism towards ay format,.. despite me having a nintendo sig,.. lol,... I love all my machines!!!

nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nohnaimer

I adore all three machines,.. I use all of them online,.. and they all offer agreat online service,... yes even Wii, folks,.. MARO KART WII online is perfect,...... however,......

I think it is ridiculous you have to pay for a monthly subscription to XBOX LIVE,....its daylight robbery,.... I mean, come on,... its not really that much diferent than PSN, is it????

To be perfectly honest with you,... (and I am in no way biast to any format),.. I actually prefer PSN,... its easy to use, has all my old favourites coming out from the PS1 days, has stuff for my PSP,... oh,,.. and its completely free,.... I mean come on MICROSOFT,... you are going to have to stop charging me money for doing exactly what I do on my PS3 for nowt!!!

I do not have any favouritism towards ay format,.. despite me having a nintendo sig,.. lol,... I love all my machines!!!

SNESGOD

for whatever reason somehow I just think the free PSN and the Xbox live that cost $$ is tightly related with their respective console's market share.

PS3 is in last place right now and to play catch up efectively you have to offer some "perks" compared to the leaders, thus in my opinion thats why PSN is free... I can easily imagine Sony charing $$ for PSN if PS3 and 360 marketshare swapped.