Why are threads getting locked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 octobermagic
Member since 2009 • 524 Posts

Just yesterday I was reading a thread created by someone who voiced his disapproval over DLC. He previously had a similar thread locked by the mods. Then his second thread went on to get locked. Since when can't we voice our opinion over something related to gaming? In both his thread he did not break any rules or use any profanity. Just a simple thread about how he finds DLC to be a big rip off and scam by devs. If that's his opininon (and i'm in agreement of of it) so then be it why lock the thread? I don't understand.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Ironically, this thread will probably be locked for being off-topic. As for your question, it'd probably be better if it were posted in the Ask the Mods forum as whoever the acting moderator was would be able to answer your question rather than the rest of us who can only speculate.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

1. You should go to 'Ask the Mods' board about this.

2. Some times, if there isn't flaming or trolling going on in the thread, the thread could possibly be derailed or not actually about the ps3 and it's games at all.

Read the ToU, it should help you understand more, but not that much because it's not the best ToU ever. :P

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 octobermagic

[QUOTE="octobermagic"]

Just yesterday I was reading a thread created by someone who voiced his disapproval over DLC. He previously had a similar thread locked by the mods. Then his second thread went on to get locked. Since when can't we voice our opinion over something related to gaming? In both his thread he did not break any rules or use any profanity. Just a simple thread about how he finds DLC to be a big rip off and scam by devs. If that's his opininon (and i'm in agreement of of it) so then be it why lock the thread? I don't understand.

tab132

ITZ CUZ UR STOOPID

You should learn to spell first before you post anything.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 supa_badman
[QUOTE="octobermagic"]

tab132
ITZ CUZ UR STOOPID

Like your inability to spell. OOOOH burn.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

This thread will be locked because you should seriously go and Ask the MODS

Ignicaeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Ignicaeli
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

I did read the thread also, and mind you, it had some interesting opinions there.

But DLC isn't a feture that is exclusive to PS3, thus the thead should be better allocated on "General Games Discussion" maybe?

I don't really know also anyway, and only a moderator could answer your question... on a side note though, it would be courteous of the mod to throw in at least one or two words before locking it (Like I did see some mods do before).

A "This thread is off-topic here, move it to --- insert appropriate forum here ---" should be fine.

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 octobermagic

The thread was really meant to be a question on why we can't voice opinions. I don't see why we have to ask mods before we can voice or opinions.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supa_badman

The thread was really meant to be a question on why we can't voice opinions. I don't see why we have to ask mods before we can voice or opinions.

octobermagic
We don't have to ask mods to make threads. What we're saying is, take this concern to the mods because we( the users) are not responsible for locking threads.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

they violate the rules so mods lock them duh???:roll:

ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
[QUOTE="octobermagic"]

[QUOTE="tab132"][QUOTE="octobermagic"]

ITZ CUZ UR STOOPID

You should learn to spell first before you post anything.

Ah, humor. lol (Locked thread pending. D': )
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I don't think you can ask about other peoples threads being locked in the ask the mods forum

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 hodges_3_5
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts

Ask the Mods

SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points