Why are these selling for $700+ on Ebay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sbeirs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sbeirs
Member since 2003 • 416 Posts

There were plenty at my Gamestop, which admittedly is one of the busiest in the area so maybe they received a bigger allotment, but there were enough for all the pre orders, and enough for all the other people there who did not pre order to get one (about 25 people).

I picked up my pre order and got back in line and picked up another for my brother who did not pre order.

There seems to be plenty of stock out there so why are people on e-bay going nuts

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

It isnt out here in the UK until the 29th, and Japan dont get it till next year. Thats probably the reason why!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I orderd an extra one to sell, but if I can't double my money I'll either sell it to a friend for regular price or send it back.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

They had them in Stock at my superstore. No lines I was first one there this morning. They only had like 5 though. I took a picture if no one believes me. And yes it wobbles who fn cares

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Because people are dumb as ****.

There are like 20 PS4's on the shelf at my local Walmart. And I'm sure the GameStop and Hastings have stock too.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

in superstore canada, psnid kobra_kai

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I am checking ebay right now and they are definitely selling for around $700. I am not really surprised because there are so many fools that are willing to overpay and must have the system ASAP. One could buy like 2 of them and sell them on ebay and could get enough $$$ for a free PS4 for themselves.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

well people have listings on there from days before todays launch so they figured the demand was so high that the buyers are going to try and get one no matter the cost. the rumor was that the PS4's wouldn't be back in stock until mid December so I think everyone was scared they'd be left without one. I'm glad to see a lot of stores have them in stock though, it'll avoid a lot of people from selling them for double the price down the line

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Lot of these high bidders are 1 or 2 history bid bidders.... You know what that means? They are frauds and won't pay.

You know what is going to happen? Competitor sellers will make fake bids to mess up their competitor. Plus, a bidder from last week who made a legitimate $600 high bid will suddenly change his mind and make up a fake account and overbid his old bid because now he sees there are systems available in the stores for $400. I have bought and sold many times and I can see lot of fishy stuff on ebay from competing sellers and fake buyers.

Nothing is more upsetting than having a PS4 being sold for +$600 from a 1 or 2 (history bid) bidder and then have to go through ebay non-paying case.... That is reason why I wouldn't even try to purchase a PS4 and try to sell it to make some profit especially as there are some available in stores.

Look at the bid history of this PS4... A bunch of 1 history bid bidders competing with other 1 history bid bidders. What are the odds that the seller gets his $730? 0% chance that the seller gets his money.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=141110552217

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@BH14: They are selling for between ~500-~600 for the most part.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=playstation+4&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts

I have nothing against those who sell PS4s on ebay; my problem is with those who are actually willing to pay almost double the price for it!

sbeirs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sbeirs
Member since 2003 • 416 Posts

@MethodManFTW: When I originally posted this morning there were a few that were selling for $700 but now the number has come down some

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

I orderd an extra one to sell, but if I can't double my money I'll either sell it to a friend for regular price or send it back.

Likewise.

DeViLzzzWIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DeViLzzzWIN
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

PS4s are not selling for much when reselling them. Remember btw for Ebay sellers well Ebay takes 10% of what they make which is ridiculous and no people are not making $700 off the consoles. Man if they were selling for $700 right now I would have listed mine on the site. I have a sealed PS4 and can't get rid of it. I have even resorted to trying to give it away to people who make a donation on my Twitch channel so like when I raise $800 I will just give it away to one person that donated.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

greed, which is sad because there are people who actually want a system but can't get one because these morons want to resell