Why are gta4's graphics look bad to me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamesee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 jamesee
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts
I got it today and have a hdmi cable in the consle but the graphics look bad to me, its often hazy and blurry and this gets terrible when i go fast in a car. Im still in the first missions but whenever i try to look for detail in a poster or small sign it is just blurry. Whats going on? Has anyone else found this? Its like im playing gta4 on my old computer which i ditched to play on the ps3 for better graphics.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Yeah it was the very same thing with me and quite a few other people. For some reason my eyes had to get adjusted to looking at that realistic look of GTA4. The start of that game was brutal.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
You have to appreciate the scope of the city. If you don't, you'll end up like me and saying "SO WHAT?" lol
jamesee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jamesee
Yeah it was the very same thing with me and quite a few other people. For some reason my eyes had to get adjusted to looking at that realistic look of GTA4. The start of that game was brutal.GrandJury
so it gets better later on when i adjust to it? because right now combined with the glare from the windows, saints row 2 looks 100% better
jamesee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jamesee
You have to appreciate the scope of the city. If you don't, you'll end up like me and saying "SO WHAT?" lolSymphonycometh
i guess i can appreicate it but saints row 2 was big too
Sandallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Sandallman
Member since 2009 • 408 Posts
perhaps turning the contrast up? it'll make the game look much more bright and colourful. or, get your eyes checked.
jamesee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jamesee
perhaps turning the contrast up? it'll make the game look much more bright and colourful. or, get your eyes checked.Sandallman
ok thanks, im sorta enjoying it but it just seems overated, especially as i just finished sw2
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
I remember having to adjust the contrast, color, and brightness settings (I think there were settings for all three... or maybe just two) in order to make the game look acceptable. When I first started it, it was so dark and dull that I could barely see.
groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#9 groundgamer
Member since 2009 • 2122 Posts
You really have to think about the size that game is. A massive, open world, a multiplayer mode, tons of story missions and hidden items and easter eggs. Grand Theft Auto 4 is massive, so there would be some graphical problems, but I can over look that. Most of the time.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

They are bad. That might explain it.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

K, even though they aren't the best, I always thought they looked great. I love 6:00 AM on a sunny day. The lighting can be quite impressive. Ever notice the attention to detail in the city too? I love Times Square at night).

Hellcat-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Hellcat-
Member since 2008 • 1818 Posts

K, even though they aren't the best, I always thought they looked great. I love 6:00 AM on a sunny day. The lighting can be quite impressive. Ever notice the attention to detail in the city too? I love Times Square at night).

Amster_G
now that im getting used to it, its looking a little better. I just wish there were more daylight hours as i find the game ugly at night.
CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
As is always the case the graphics were worse for wear after beng ported from the 360, there's dodgy textures in the dark/shadows and it looks grainy, poor quality port is the reason. As for going blurry when you drive the car fast, it's meant to be like that to give you some added sense of speed supposedly.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

It looks fine to me. I love the environment!

santinodrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 santinodrake
Member since 2009 • 247 Posts
gt4 looks great only when its sunny
jkocher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jkocher
Member since 2002 • 203 Posts

As is always the case the graphics were worse for wear after beng ported from the 360...CraigyM83

GTA4 was developed for both platforms simultaneously. They did not create a completed game on the 360 first and then port that code to the PS3. The only major difference I have seen in graphics between both versions is that the 360 has more noticeable "pop in" of some objects, particularly trees.

Joker1232003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Joker1232003
Member since 2003 • 1567 Posts
yep it was a blurry mess for me aswell! Your eyes do adjust to it, but the game cant keep up with you. thats the best way i describe it
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The game is very dark at the begining but it gets better later on in the game.

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

i find GTA4s graphics look okay to me

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

it doesnt even run at 720p but yeah turn your saturation almost all the way up about 2 clicks away from full and it should look better also certain times of the day makes look sharper and there also times at night when it gets really sharp

Hellcat-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Hellcat-
Member since 2008 • 1818 Posts
yep it was a blurry mess for me aswell! Your eyes do adjust to it, but the game cant keep up with you. thats the best way i describe itJoker1232003
well i finished gta4 and now i realise i didnt have as much fun as say san andreas or vice city. Theres no flamethrowers, chainsaws, gore, planes,army chopper has no rockets, or chainguns to find. I understand its realistic but driving a fast bike through traffic in vice city was exciting and fun, here its seems cars turn on purpose to make you crash and you instantly lose alot of health or die. Plus what the hell is with people moving, talking and walking around after i killed them, it makes me think its been censored and be less fun, how the hell is this realistic?
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#22 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

The graphics are great to me. Sure, there are some occasional visual quirks, but I can live with that.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
I got it today and have a hdmi cable in the consle but the graphics look bad to me, its often hazy and blurry and this gets terrible when i go fast in a car. Im still in the first missions but whenever i try to look for detail in a poster or small sign it is just blurry. Whats going on? Has anyone else found this? Its like im playing gta4 on my old computer which i ditched to play on the ps3 for better graphics. jamesee
it is quite bad graphics, jsut get used to it, also notice how aweful the driving of the car is, its beyong bad