Who's excited for next friday?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ITaLiaN_BrO_699
ITaLiaN_BrO_699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ITaLiaN_BrO_699
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts

I'm gonna be honest, next friday is all I'm thinking about. Why...because of the 1.6 firmware upgrade was announced to come out on that day, and what will we get (or likely get):

- Folding@Home Project (which is going to boost rep. for the PS3)

- Background downloading (we really need this, and it will have auto-resume)

- Ability to change wallpapers

- Game disk startup: ONOFF option

- DVD Upscale to HD

- PS2PS One upscale to HD

- Fixed Blu-Ray disk problems (pausing randomly for a couple seconds)

- Fixed controller problems (disconnecting, turning randomly, etc.)

- Better multitasking (so we can msg people while were in a game, or listen to music while playing a game)

- I think they'll add "Coming Soon" to the playstation store, because it shows a pic of that on www.us.playstation.com 

- More avatars

- Enable WMA

- More visualations options

- Renamemake your own folders (for music, vids, etc.)

And thats about it, possibly more that sony will surprise us with...and also I think we'll have a Lair demo by then, along with some new trailers of games, and possibly a killzone trailer. Also we'll probly have that Resistance Update that we were supposed to get by then, to get more online game modes. And were even getting the europe launch, which doesn't effect anyone in US or Canada or Japan...but it will because we all want PS3 to rise up to the top again, and sell 6 million units by the end of march like sony promised, and get back in the market, and the europe launch will help sony do that.

And one more thing, i also got a hall party on friday so that just makes everything better(H) loll...post comments on what you think!

IsmirZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IsmirZone
Member since 2006 • 1173 Posts
That is an update of features I am waiting for.....I am EXCITED.
plg2307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 plg2307
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts

DVD upscale is unlikely to be on next friday.

PS2/PS upscale is also unlikely to be on next friday, they'll want them to work correctly with the emulation first and then later add upscale (only what i think)

Better multitasking most probably, but i don't think music while in game nor msg

About the rest i don't know

upay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 upay
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts

I'm gonna be honest, next friday is all I'm thinking about. Why...because of the 1.6 firmware upgrade was announced to come out on that day, and what will we get (or likely get):

- DVD Upscale to HD

- Better multitasking (so we can msg people while were in a game, or listen to music while playing a game)

- I think they'll add "Coming Soon" to the playstation store, because it shows a pic of that on www.us.playstation.com

- More avatars

- Enable WMA

And thats about it, possibly more that sony will surprise us with...and also I think we'll have a Lair demo by then, along with some new trailers of games, and possibly a killzone trailer. Also we'll probly have that Resistance Update that we were supposed to get by then, to get more online game modes. And were even getting the europe launch, which doesn't effect anyone in US or Canada or Japan...but it will because we all want PS3 to rise up to the top again, and sell 6 million units by the end of march like sony promised, and get back in the market, and the europe launch will help sony do that.

And one more thing, i also got a hall party on friday so that just makes everything better(H) loll...post comments on what you think!

ITaLiaN_BrO_699
how do u know
ITaLiaN_BrO_699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ITaLiaN_BrO_699
I never said I knew, i said "and what will we get (or likely get)" but all those have been rumours, and some the psp has, so if the psp has it they'll do it for the ps3
pjoasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 pjoasil
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts

I wish Sony did a better job at informing their consumers, because this thread is a classic example of setting yourself up to be disappointed. It was rumored that Mortal Kombat 2 was supposed to be released yesterday and when it didn't come out, we now have 2 million angry fanboys. Don't let me get started with the March 8th B.S.

So unless Sony says something is coming out next friday, please kill the thread.

tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
next friday? the 23rd?
ITaLiaN_BrO_699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ITaLiaN_BrO_699
yes the updates coming out the 23rd it was confirmed...along with the euro launch
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
How about all the people with pre-orders ?? I think they are looking forward to the 23rd because we can actually get the damn thing :P You guys waiting for extra features we are waiting for the basic features :P 2bad my pre-order failed though :( made a thread with full story if you wanna know :(
Avatar image for anlpnatration69
anlpnatration69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anlpnatration69
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
[QUOTE="ITaLiaN_BrO_699"]

- DVD Upscale to HD

- More avatars

- Enable WMA

upay
how do u know

his name is jesus
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
i would really like the controller issues to be fixed, because while playing motorstorm sometimes my guy will continue to drive straight even though im turning to the side my controller stops responding for around 5 secs every once and awhile.
Latinoheat47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Latinoheat47
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts
we're also getting improved remote play where we can access the ps3 on the psp from any hotspot
__Maximus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 __Maximus__
Member since 2005 • 1247 Posts
I'm looking forward to next Friday especially as PLAY have confirmed they have the PS3 in stock and they are processing my preorder as we speak!
Hartner_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hartner_X
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts
i would really like the controller issues to be fixed, because while playing motorstorm sometimes my guy will continue to drive straight even though im turning to the side my controller stops responding for around 5 secs every once and awhile.etbny22
Yeah, that would be really nice! I have had that problem in Resistance (think it is around 3-4 times) and it's damn irritating! It's not so fun to run strait into a crowd of Chimeras and die just because the controller is going crazy.
supergod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 supergod1
Member since 2004 • 327 Posts
I can not wait much longer! Thankfuly I don't have to. 148 hours to go!!! (as of when i typed this). 1.6 sounds damn brilliant, having friday off from school. This is going to be epic!