Who thinks there's gonna be a re-release for FF VII?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Harden_hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Harden_hawk
Member since 2007 • 1129 Posts

Since FF VII costs like $50 nowadays, and the new game's coming out. Who thinks SE will re-release it?

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
It's not about if, but when? Square Enix is examining the options with FFVII. But we might notsee any sign of it, and if we do it could be years down the road. Right now Genesis is carrying the body of Weiss from Midgar, and we have no idea what the hell he's up too. I see another game in the Compilation taking place after Dirge of Cerberus rather then a re-release of the original.
SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts
Because us fans actually want this remake SE will make us wait forever. Not like I and II that they've re-relased soto manytimes.
AlexandriaZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 AlexandriaZ
Member since 2002 • 25107 Posts

They could easily port over FFVII with zero enhancements and make a HUGE killing in sales by releasing the re-release before Crisis Core.

They could also use the Crisis Core engine and remake the game for the PSP afterwards, to extend the cash cow.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

They could easily port over FFVII with zero enhancements and make a HUGE killing in sales by releasing the re-release before Crisis Core.

They could also use the Crisis Core engine and remake the game for the PSP afterwards, to extend the cash cow.

AlexandriaZ

I'd like to see the original game with a few new quest and extra scenes that could fit in with the Compilation. That scene where Cloud tosses Sephiroth into the mako energy in the Nibelheim flashback is voided. Square Enix said the Last Order scene is canon with Sephiroth jumping into the mako energy on his own. It was also done again in Before Crisis, Final Fantasy VII. And just like how you saw the Turk on the phone notifying Shin-Ra of the incident in the reactor, there was a Turk who tried to stop Sephiroth but was pushed aside by him in BC.

cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

IDK if they will but if they do I would but it. That is the GREATEST GAME EVER MADE!!!

I smell a petition- but not on gamespot of course cuz that would be like against the rules- UNLESS YOU PUT IT IN YOUR SIG! STICK IT TO THE MAN! (I hope i dont get suspended for saying that)

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts

I think there will be a FFVII remake, why else would they be making all these new games and a movie based on FFVII's story 10 years later. They will probably release FFXIII first, then make the big announcement of when and what system it will be on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they remade FFVIII and FFIX after that either, they're already doing Tactics.

denaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 denaz
Member since 2005 • 1196 Posts

I so hope they do! I mean i can't see why they wouldn't, it was and still is the most popular out of all FF's!

J-link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 J-link
Member since 2004 • 4805 Posts
Hmm.. Well SE seems to be releasing old FF's on handhelds..So yeah I thinkit will come sooner or later. But when and to what platform?
ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ootp2003
Member since 2006 • 1828 Posts
Square Enix will be making one, we just don't know what it is... :o
denaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 denaz
Member since 2005 • 1196 Posts

So true hey, i'm tired of the FF one and two remakes, i mean there are only so many time i can play that game:P

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
Yeah, and those two aren't even that good when compared to the rest of the series.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
That'd be nice for a re-make, but i'm perfectly fine playing it on the Ps1 either.