Who should play Solid Snake in the movie? POLL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mdbanat
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts

If you have any other suggestion, please post it here. I vote for Josh Holloway, he can be great as solid snake and his voice will be suitable.

whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts
David Hayter
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts
Burt Reynolds
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts
Burt Reynoldsjwat4
C'mon now, David Hayter is the closest to be as bad ass as snake is.
mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mdbanat
David Hayter? I wish! But it is not going to happen!
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jwat4
David Hayter? I wish! But it is not going to happen! mdbanat
Okay...look at your signature...the picture...does that not look like Burt Reynolds?
janzaruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 janzaruk
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
I think it really depends on the age of snake in the movie, but that is just me. Has that been announced?
mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mdbanat
[QUOTE="mdbanat"]David Hayter? I wish! But it is not going to happen! jwat4
Okay...look at your signature...the picture...does that not look like Burt Reynolds?

Yes he looks like him. But I always put in my mind that the movie will be for young snake otherwise maybe Omar Sharif can play snake. lol
needlesmcgirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needlesmcgirk
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
Does David Hayter even act? I thought he just voice acted. What does he look like?
silentmobius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silentmobius
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
Dave Chapelle
axillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 axillia
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
Only one can play Snake...Chuck Norris. If he's not available, then it's up to David Hasselhoff to save the day.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jwat4
You know....it could be CGI...I mean how much easier would that be....the Characters would look the way the should...only better because it is a movie...and they could use all the current Voice actors...so you wouldnt have to worry about Solid Snake not sounding like his old self....I think that would be the best idea for a movie like this...
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts
Vigo Mortensen should be on that list, got the looks and most important the voice. Using Hugh Jackman would be too cheap, he's already in too many of this kind of movies.
afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 afexthedamaja
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
Ted "The Nuge" Nugent
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VonGak
You know....it could be CGI...I mean how much easier would that be....the Characters would look the way the should...only better because it is a movie...and they could use all the current Voice actors...so you wouldnt have to worry about Solid Snake not sounding like his old self....I think that would be the best idea for a movie like this...jwat4
Nah because the universe wouldn't fit very well with CGI on the big screen just like the first FF- Spirits Within stumbled. Warcraft would be perfect in CGI because the universe is directed at all age groups while MGS only got the older audience to attract (unless you want to make it more light hearted and remove the blood).
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

80% of metal gear games are cutscene ! so cut this out :x.

I like Hugh Jackman and I think he's a good actor along with Christain Bale. But non of them should be snake. A metal gear movie is a bad idea imo.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Abe Vigoda

jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jwat4
[QUOTE="jwat4"]You know....it could be CGI...I mean how much easier would that be....the Characters would look the way the should...only better because it is a movie...and they could use all the current Voice actors...so you wouldnt have to worry about Solid Snake not sounding like his old self....I think that would be the best idea for a movie like this...VonGak
Nah because the universe wouldn't fit very well with CGI on the big screen just like the first FF- Spirits Within stumbled. Warcraft would be perfect in CGI because the universe is directed at all age groups while MGS only got the older audience to attract (unless you want to make it more light hearted and remove the blood).

I dont know...maybe your right...but I still would have a hard time watching real people play the parts...I would think it would end up looking very cheesy...I mean really some of the things in MGS just arent something you would want to see in a real movie.... Also though...do you think they will have Snake hide in a cardboard box?.... For some reason I dont think that fools people in real life...
mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mdbanat
[QUOTE="VonGak"]Vigo Mortensen should be on that list, got the looks and most important the voice. Using Hugh Jackman would be too cheap, he's already in too many of this kind of movies.

Yes he is really good and suitable for snake. I totally forgot him!
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
I just remembered about Josh Halloway, he would be perfect for Snake! Who agrees? His face looks exactly like snakes and I think he could pull the voice off perfectly. First I was thinking Hugh Jackman, but now I think Josh would be the best for the job.
crippledjungle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crippledjungle
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
[QUOTE="mdbanat"][QUOTE="VonGak"]Vigo Mortensen should be on that list, got the looks and most important the voice. Using Hugh Jackman would be too cheap, he's already in too many of this kind of movies.

Yes he is really good and suitable for snake. I totally forgot him!

he's a very good candidate...closest i can think of representing Snake on screen...i just can't put a face to any actor right now who can portray Snake on screen...I just can't picture Snake without hearing David Hayter's voice coming out of him, and if David Hayter can look and act the part, then by all means use him...
ps3_forsure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ps3_forsure
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
CHUCK NORRIS!!!
afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 afexthedamaja
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
AHHH HAHAA...I take back "The Nuge"... I now vote for Det. Sgt. Fish aka Abe Vigoda
Tony_Montana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tony_Montana
Member since 2005 • 3803 Posts

Kurt Russell. The search is now over. As a matter of fact, the character you see him playing right there, is Snake Plisken.

KraftForgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KraftForgotten
Member since 2006 • 354 Posts
David Hayterwhitey6
Exactly. Any other washed up actor playing him wouldn't seem right. His voice is done by David Hayter, and David Hayter is the one who knows snakes personality, best, therefore he should play as Solid Snake.
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VonGak
[QUOTE="VonGak"][QUOTE="jwat4"]You know....it could be CGI...I mean how much easier would that be....the Characters would look the way the should...only better because it is a movie...and they could use all the current Voice actors...so you wouldnt have to worry about Solid Snake not sounding like his old self....I think that would be the best idea for a movie like this...jwat4

I dont know...maybe your right...but I still would have a hard time watching real people play the parts...I would think it would end up looking very cheesy...I mean really some of the things in MGS just arent something you would want to see in a real movie.... Also though...do you think they will have Snake hide in a cardboard box?.... For some reason I dont think that fools people in real life...

I sure hope that there'll be a reference to the cardboard box, too bad about the movie having to do well at the box office. :(
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jwat4

[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="VonGak"][QUOTE="jwat4"]You know....it could be CGI...I mean how much easier would that be....the Characters would look the way the should...only better because it is a movie...and they could use all the current Voice actors...so you wouldnt have to worry about Solid Snake not sounding like his old self....I think that would be the best idea for a movie like this...VonGak

I sure hope that there'll be a reference to the cardboard box, too bad about the movie having to do well at the box office. :(

Yeah thats the biggest problem...I know the MGS series has a large audience...but the movie is still going to need to appeal to your average movie goer...it will be difficult to sell...and if they make it more accessible to those that dont follow the MGS series...it will probably make things even worse....

I hope its a good movie...I just wonder how they are going to convert a great game into a great movie...hopefully Sony gets it right and it turns out as good as it could be...

Lt_J_Dangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lt_J_Dangle
Member since 2003 • 533 Posts
Josh Holloway has the voice for it. If they chose Chuck Norris the movie would be over too quickly.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Eric Bana would probably do the best job. I mean, he can be pretty hardcore and is a great actor.
chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts
George Clooney. 
watchcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 watchcity
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts
Are you guys seriously forgetting KEIFER SUTHERLAND??? He would be the best in my opinion. Jack Bauer meets Solid Snake?!?! The possibilities are endless.
sunscorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sunscorch
Member since 2004 • 2512 Posts
it may depend on when it is taking place. what stage of his life. also they may be able to find a no name that is perfect for the role.