Who runs linux on their ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by supras989 (1558 posts) -
if so state which distribution
#2 Posted by Mr_Prezident (494 posts) -
theres a thread on how to get it legally, takes some work but not many people got it yet so... i think they havent yet officially released it.
#3 Posted by supras989 (1558 posts) -
theres a thread on how to get it legally, takes some work but not many people got it yet so... i think they havent yet officially released it.Mr_Prezident
oh okay well i dont have a ps3 but i was curious, oo yes i do see, the post on how to get it is recent i see
#4 Posted by andyktech (169 posts) -
I didn't know you could...
#5 Posted by sxs_alex (933 posts) -
i will be installing ubuntu linux on there soon. it's one of the best distro.
#6 Posted by Radiozo (2413 posts) -
No. I have no use for it. I already have one computer hooked up to my TV. Its more than enough.
#7 Posted by acidic_dude (1713 posts) -
theres a thread on how to get it legally, takes some work but not many people got it yet so... i think they havent yet officially released it.Mr_Prezident
Im pretty sure they did release it, its call YDL (yellow dog linux) and thats the only distro that availiable right now, but i have seen some movies on the internet of people running other distros somehow.
#8 Posted by rasstarman (852 posts) -
Not many people care about Linux on the PS3. We all have PCs so if we wanted to run a crap OS we could do it on the PC.
#9 Posted by knicknut17 (1987 posts) -
I run Yellow Dog Linux on the PS3 and I have to admit that for a "launch" product, it is VERY IMPRESSIVE. I like the fact that I can IM my friends, check my e-mail, type up documents (I'm typing this on my PS3 right now), and browse the web with a real web browser (Mozilla Firefox) on my PS3. As time goes on, they will only add features to this OS. I think it is the perfect compliment to the Sony OS that comes pre-installed on the PS3! If you have a PS3, a 60GB one in particular, I highly recommend you check this out!