Who knew kmart had great deals on PS3 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I never ever purchased a video game at kmart or sears but some poster said he got awesome deals at sears or kmart. I received a $15 off $50 coupon in the email to use as kmart/sears so I figured that I would scope around kmart and see what they had. I used my $15 off coupon and saw the "PS3 clearance bin" where they had a sale of buy 1, get 50% off. Deus Ex was $14.99, SSX $19.99, Dirt 3 $14.99, etc. was in that bin. I was able to get all brand new.... NBA 2K13, Red Dead Redemption and Dirt 3 for $57.85 after tax and then the cashier gave me a $5 gift card so it is kind of like $52.85 total.

Then in the receipt, I get a $10 in reward points on next $50 purchase COUPON. Tomorrow, Bioshock Infinite goes on sale and kmart circular say they will give you $10 reward points if you purchase it. I think that means if I use the $10 reward point scan coupon and with the additional $10 reward point for buying it, I will have $20 reward points in my account..... I believe $59.99 (bioshock infinite) and I would get $20 reward points to purchase whatever there. Kind a like $39.99 deal. Bioshock is looking like a day 1 purchase with all the great reviews. 

You may want to join kmart rewards for the coupons that they send you and check out that clearance bin at kmart especially when they have the buy $19.99, get 2nd 50% off deal. Lately ebay has been quite disappointing with all these bidders paying way too high prices and outbidding me. People are actually paying more for used games than the new prices on amazon?! Also, there are so many schill bidders with 0 feedback jacking up the prices as well as winning times.

jrlc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 jrlc1
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
thanks for sharing. I will have to go and see what i could get.
FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
The Kmart near me sucks. They dont even have a clearance bin for games >_>
megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
I used to enjoy running through the clearance section at my local K-mart. Usually, it was all overpriced junk, but sometimes there'd be a great game for ~$6.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Yeah, they need the business.
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I just picked up Bioshock Infinite today at kmart.... $59.99 - $10 reward points offer - $10 reward point coupon receipt I had - $5 award gift card given by cashier = Kind of like a $35 deal. Hopefully the points go through quickly but I never had problems with shop your way reward points before. According to their rules, combining or stacking coupons is perfectly fine.

UPDATE: I thought that I would have to wait a couple days for the shop your way reward points to register.... I just checked my account and it gave me 20,000 points today.... It gave me $20.00! It is legit. You can stack coupons and you get your reward points quickly.

$64.72 (game with tax) - $20.00 reward points - $5 award gift card = $39.72.... Not too shabby. With reward points, maybe I will hit that ps3 clearance bin again with buy 1, get 2nd 50% off.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

I never ever purchased a video game at kmart or sears but some poster said he got awesome deals at sears or kmart. I received a $15 off $50 coupon in the email to use as kmart/sears so I figured that I would scope around kmart and see what they had. I used my $15 off coupon and saw the "PS3 clearance bin" where they had a sale of buy 1, get 50% off. Deus Ex was $14.99, SSX $19.99, Dirt 3 $14.99, etc. was in that bin. I was able to get all brand new.... NBA 2K13, Red Dead Redemption and Dirt 3 for $57.85 after tax and then the cashier gave me a $5 gift card so it is kind of like $52.85 total.

Then in the receipt, I get a $10 in reward points on next $50 purchase COUPON. Tomorrow, Bioshock Infinite goes on sale and kmart circular say they will give you $10 reward points if you purchase it. I think that means if I use the $10 reward point scan coupon and with the additional $10 reward point for buying it, I will have $20 reward points in my account..... I believe $59.99 (bioshock infinite) and I would get $20 reward points to purchase whatever there. Kind a like $39.99 deal. Bioshock is looking like a day 1 purchase with all the great reviews. 

You may want to join kmart rewards for the coupons that they send you and check out that clearance bin at kmart especially when they have the buy $19.99, get 2nd 50% off deal. Lately ebay has been quite disappointing with all these bidders paying way too high prices and outbidding me. People are actually paying more for used games than the new prices on amazon?! Also, there are so many schill bidders with 0 feedback jacking up the prices as well as winning times.

BH14
Wow. Sounds like we both find the good deals there ;) lol
MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts
yeah they do. but the nearest kmart is 4 hours away from me. there arent many kmart stores in texas anymore..lol!
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Yeah, they need the business.Kravyn81
Kmart no longer exists where I live. Kind of sad, because I remember going there often as a kid. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I've found some good deals on games at Sears in the past.  Not so much KMart, they've actually tended to be on the expensive side consistently, though I did find some uncommon games there before.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

The Kmart near me recently closed down. Although the video game aisle was pretty disorganized, I did manage to find a few good deals there over the years.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Kmart used to be the place to get new releases as little as a year ago. They were giving those things out left and right, so you'd be able ot get brand new releases for 40 bucks most of the time. Obviously they still do it, but not as frequently as before.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Yeah KMART gamer was great for almost EVERY new release - some really crazy deals a couple of years ago. In some cases they had like $20 gaming PLUS $20 off a $50 points card simultaneously. Stuff like that. Getting the launch game for $39.99 was almost a "baseline" price for me, but sometimes they went down to $29.99. They really had me buying almost every big game for awhile.

Too bad KMART has really gone to hell the last couple of years (well they always sucked, but at least their Games deals were consistently amazing). Sounds like this one is pretty good, but it's just getting back to be what was pretty common a couple of years ago. Best Buy has a deal where you get $20 off most pre-order games, so that's the closest thing to the old KMART at the moment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Well about 20 years ago KMart was actually a pretty good store.  But I'm not sure what happened to them.  Sometime during the 90's, they really started slacking, and kept going downhill until they plateaued at mediocrity.  I never saw KMart do much of anything to get people coming back to their store as WalMart became bigger and bigger.

I'm glad they're still around because I'm sure you can find some things there that you won't find at WalMart or Target.  And the less variety there is, the more it sucks.  I miss the days when Hills and Ames were still around.  They were also some pretty good stores.  At any rate, if KMart were to vanish, then WalMart and Target would just get more crowded with customers, and there wouldn't be too many 'quiet' places to shop at.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
their deals are awesome, but their regular prices are horrendous.
pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
My Kmart closed years ago and the closest one well farthest one is in Corpus Christi, Tx. I went to it last year or so and they had no clearance games, mainly older games were $60! I guess it's marking the prices up on older titles. They do have good DVD combos like wrestling stuff related. Kinda expensive though like Sears.
sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
My kmart sucks. The only good deal they have is Enslaved for $5