Who is addicted to trophies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mac_Gamer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mac_Gamer101
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
I am, I bet Uncharted months ago but now that it has trophies I've gone back to it and have been playing it all day. I'm missing two trophies and thats my goal to get them tommorow:P I also like the fact that none of my friends have trophies because theres only 3 games that have them:P
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
I've only beat Uncharted once. I tried to do a second run but it got too boring for me for some reason.
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts
not me...i couldnt care less
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I've only beat Uncharted once. I tried to do a second run but it got too boring for me for some reason. pro_gamer12345

That's my problem at the moment. I'm only forcing myself to do it for the last couple trophies. I'd say I'm addicted to them, but I'm not gonna buy Buzz just for them.

Mac_Gamer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mac_Gamer101
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

[QUOTE="pro_gamer12345"]I've only beat Uncharted once. I tried to do a second run but it got too boring for me for some reason. BZSIN

That's my problem at the moment. I'm only forcing myself to do it for the last couple trophies. I'd say I'm addicted to them, but I'm not gonna buy Buzz just for them.

lol me either:P but i was on the fence about buying Bioshock but now knowing it has trophies its a instant purchase for me, or at least a rent:P
indian_playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indian_playa
Member since 2007 • 2182 Posts
lol, I wouldn't buy a game to collect the trophies like people did with SuperStarDust (or whatever it was called) but i am addicted to collecting all the trophies in Uncharted since i already had the game
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
No not really, it's fun getting them, but other than that they're still pretty useless, especially if you already did the requirements a year before lol
waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 waferlawrence
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts
I'm not too addicted to trophies, but they have made me buy games a little more quickly than I would have (Uncharted, SSHD) and were the deciding factor for other games (like PJE). Bioshock will probably be bought more quickly now, and some games will probably have the trophies making the difference. I won't not buy a good game if doesn't have trophies (like SCIV) but I will let a game that I'm so so on let the trophies make me buy it. Although trophies are useless, really, gaming in general is useless when you think about it.
Pyramat2584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pyramat2584
Member since 2008 • 166 Posts

I'm not too addicted to trophies, but they have made me buy games a little more quickly than I would have (Uncharted, SSHD) and were the deciding factor for other games (like PJE). Bioshock will probably be bought more quickly now, and some games will probably have the trophies making the difference. I won't not buy a good game if doesn't have trophies (like SCIV) but I will let a game that I'm so so on let the trophies make me buy it. Although trophies are useless, really, gaming in general is useless when you think about it.waferlawrence

QFT.

ZeroCool000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZeroCool000111
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts
i could care less about them.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
I'm addicted to uncharted trophies
Vengent25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Vengent25
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

It doesn't give you the sense of accomplishment like Achievements do. :(

PS3 Trophies came too late IMO.

Skittle621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Skittle621
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

wtf are you talking about, Vengent25? its basically the same exact thing except we have a leveling system that gives us more bragging rights over LIVE's stupid gamer points.

PSN owns LIVE!!

supernintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 supernintendo
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts
I've only beat Uncharted once. I tried to do a second run but it got too boring for me for some reason. pro_gamer12345
im possibly the opposite of you. i beat that game 3 times. and i found it a blast, and that was before trophies came out. its been that way for me for as long as i remember. i can beat a game 6 times and still enjoy every second of it.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
I will be when its a requirement for every game to have them. I think I may pick up SSHD and PJE just because they have trophies and I need a few more good games. I have most of the Uncharted trophies already. I think I have maybe like 5 more, but I only rented it so that's still pretty good. I might ask for it for Christmas, but by then I'll have about 10 more games to get so I'm not sure how high up on the list that'll be...
greenbuk75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 greenbuk75
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts
im not none of my games have them.....ratchet mlb the show cod4 assassins creed wtf
Vengent25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vengent25
Leveling system??? Xbox 360 has a ranking system for achievements. My Ps3 is collecting dust until some quality games come out in the fall. PS3 online is super laggy. The Free network thing is dumb because it allows people with crappy internet services to play and ruin other peoples connection.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

It doesn't give you the sense of accomplishment like Achievements do. :(

PS3 Trophies came too late IMO.

Vengent25

They did come to late, Sony should of realized that Achievements where the reason alot of people would choose a 360 game over the PS3 version. Its just to late know, I have a good Achievement score and will still buy the 360 version for that reason. MS came up with a pretty sweet idea including Achievements from day one, genius a very smart business plan.

ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
ME Got my first platinum off uncharted today!
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
I don't give a damn about trophies. Getting trophies is #2 pointless thing to do in gaming. #1 is playing MMO. :)
ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

[QUOTE="pro_gamer12345"]I've only beat Uncharted once. I tried to do a second run but it got too boring for me for some reason. BZSIN

Same for me:)

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
for my self im not addicted per say i like the option of doing it but im also not going to go and buy a game that is just now getting them. i own uncharted and ssdhd so that's why i got them for those games.. what is really needed fortrophies is being able to collect them from the first day the game comes out. as for burnout ill prob just rent it and only play it long enough for it to give me the ones for the junk i did when i wanted to play it..... which was when it came out...
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I'm not addicted to them. They just make replaying games more fun.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Me! I have 64 trophies and counting because I just bought PixelJunk Eden yesterday :D.
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
nope i have no interest in collecting trophies.
GonzoGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GonzoGuy
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

I hate to say: the trophies piss me off a little.

I wish they had put their resources more into allowing us to play whatever music we want in whatever game. That's the only thing I envy of the 360 players. Yay I'll be able to play whatever I want in Warhawk eventually but the Williams-like soundtrack of Oblivion is starting to get a little stale.

The trophies (as far as I can tell) seem pretty worthless for me. I guess they'll be a little cool when we can decorate Home or if we get free points to buy PSN stuff with them but otherwize, I really couldn't care less.

SGTDucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SGTDucks
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts
I only need to beat the game on crushing mode to get Platinum which I cant do
Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Amir29
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

Leveling system??? Xbox 360 has a ranking system for achievements. My Ps3 is collecting dust until some quality games come out in the fall. PS3 online is super laggy. The Free network thing is dumb because it allows people with crappy internet services to play and ruin other peoples connection. Vengent25

What? I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble believing you have a PS3 if you say things that are just not true. I have no issue with lag, and every game I've gone online with has told me what kind of connection quality I was getting. I have yet to have a problem, and I don't see why ANYONE should want to pay for a free service that works well.

Then again, maybe it's the dust messing with your experience ;)

Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Amir29

Right now, trophies have been the incentive to play Uncharted again. I do a little more exploration this time around, and look for more headshots and such but I'm not trophy crazy. Just playing through the game again to see what trophies I earn along the way.

I haven't popped in Burnout yet though. I heard about retro active trophies somewhere here. Hmmm... I better go check out the Burnout page. If it is retroactive, I think I might pop that in tonight ;)

Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Amir29

I wish they had put their resources more into allowing us to play whatever music we want in whatever game. That's the only thing I envy of the 360 players. Yay I'll be able to play whatever I want in Warhawk eventually but the Williams-like soundtrack of Oblivion is starting to get a little stale.

The trophies (as far as I can tell) seem pretty worthless for me. I guess they'll be a little cool when we can decorate Home or if we get free points to buy PSN stuff with them but otherwize, I really couldn't care less.

GonzoGuy

I agree totally. Unfortunately there's nothing they can do about games that have already come out (like Oblivion). The developer has to be willing to work on a downloadable update for us, and that's out of Sony's hands. Unfortunately background music for Oblivion is probably not THAT big of a deal for most, so we can't even hope to band people together to call or write letters to Bethesda to get it done :P

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
not me
braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 braindead_hero
Member since 2004 • 1174 Posts
I am so addicted, all I have left to do on Uncharted is the crushing difficulty trophy and then I've got the platinum! and I might have to get Buzz! just for the trophies
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts

[QUOTE="Vengent25"]Leveling system??? Xbox 360 has a ranking system for achievements. My Ps3 is collecting dust until some quality games come out in the fall. PS3 online is super laggy. The Free network thing is dumb because it allows people with crappy internet services to play and ruin other peoples connection. Amir29

What? I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble believing you have a PS3 if you say things that are just not true. I have no issue with lag, and every game I've gone online with has told me what kind of connection quality I was getting. I have yet to have a problem, and I don't see why ANYONE should want to pay for a free service that works well.

Why is it that people immediately assume that someone doesn't have a PS3 as soon as they make one negative comment about it? On topic though, I'm not addicted to trophies because they're not in any game that I currently own. I'm not gonna buy Pixel Junk Eden or Super Star Dust to get them. I am looking forward to when every game has them though, because I will most likely be addicted when that happens.
ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

I only need to beat the game on crushing mode to get Platinum which I cant doSGTDucks

Where are you stuck?

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#35 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts
Maybe I would be addicted, but since none of my games have them, I'd say no for now, lol.
Skittle621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Skittle621
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
wow vengent25 you are a retard anyone with crappy internet can get a silver or gold membership and still pull people down on live. you keep you're live where people like you act like 12 year olds (because that's the majority of what you play with) while us on the playstation network will have far superior time online playing with adults. thank you and have a good day.
Vengent25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vengent25

skittle, you must be dumb. When I play online with my friends. We are the only people that use mics. Most adults play on Xbox 360 anyways. There is a game called Gears of War on it, that drives adults crazy. lol

I know Ps3 is getting games like God of War 3, LBP, Infamous and shooters which I will never get again for the PS3.

Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 224385652654335052701865008979
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts
I admit I'm a sucker for trophies. I was a sucker for achievements on the 360. I just deleted ALL of my Uncharted data. I'm starting from scratch. woo!. I think the trophies for Burnout Paradise are coming pretty soon, so yeah, I'm addicted.!
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Not addicted and its definitely not the reason I will buy a game but it does add replay value. I just beat Uncharted with 100% trophies btw :D
Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Amir29
[QUOTE="Amir29"]

[QUOTE="Vengent25"]Leveling system??? Xbox 360 has a ranking system for achievements. My Ps3 is collecting dust until some quality games come out in the fall. PS3 online is super laggy. The Free network thing is dumb because it allows people with crappy internet services to play and ruin other peoples connection. Kuruption84

Why is it that people immediately assume that someone doesn't have a PS3 as soon as they make one negative comment about it? On topic though, I'm not addicted to trophies because they're not in any game that I currently own. I'm not gonna buy Pixel Junk Eden or Super Star Dust to get them. I am looking forward to when every game has them though, because I will most likely be addicted when that happens.

My assumptions are not to start a "console war". It's when things said are NOT factual it's annoying to read. No lag for me yet (except for Smackdown) and no difference in speed or quality between Xbox 360 and PS3.

Sorry for going off topic, but I at least wanted to respond in my defense so as not to be misunderstood.

GonzoGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GonzoGuy
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
[QUOTE="GonzoGuy"]

Amir29

I agree totally. Unfortunately there's nothing they can do about games that have already come out (like Oblivion). The developer has to be willing to work on a downloadable update for us, and that's out of Sony's hands. Unfortunately background music for Oblivion is probably not THAT big of a deal for most, so we can't even hope to band people together to call or write letters to Bethesda to get it done :P

I understand that the third party support would be needed to have it fully integrated with the game. That would be totally cool but I still don't see why they can't do it all cheesy like and just let you play whatever playlist over whatever's plaing on disc (weather it be a game or a movie): like it is on the 360. Sure it's not perfect, but it's simple and the only 360 feature I want.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
I am addicted. I didn't think trophies where a big deal at first. I one of the people who thought achievements were stupid but this has added a whole nother dimension to the game. I have fun competing with my friend.
SethSOMT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 SethSOMT
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

At first I was super-insane about getting them, but I have faded from that now.

I am glad though that Sony added them to games. It allows a new dimension to be taken on each game (particularly Uncharted).

mrjonnyringo72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mrjonnyringo72
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts
Well ok not totally addicted to trophies but it gets ya going sometimes to do something extra but most of us should be off video games and out doing something else instead.
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
Nope, I get a trophies here and there just for fun but I'm not addicted to them.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
I am not addicting to trophies. I will never buy a game based off of trophies and if a trophy seems impossible for me to get then I would just leave it as a trophy that I will not be having at the moment. If games implement a trophy system similar to Uncharted, then maybe I will become addicted to trophies.
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jdogthebomb09
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts
I really like trophies, but I wont buy crap games for them.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
I'm totally addicited to them. I think it helps when your online buddies and you are competing against each other. The competive juices definitley start flowing. When your bud starts to talk smack about how he just got another hard to get trophy that you don't have yet.
iDerek759

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 iDerek759
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
I just think it makes a game more fun to play because you have little objectives you can aim for now. If it has trophy support awesome, but if it doesn't, no big deal either.