who else thinks last of us wont be good

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

First off i would just like to say that i have loved every game i have played  from naughty dog, but this game looked amazing at e3 and i saw its latest gameplay and it does not look good to me. I think people are hyping this game way to high and people will be let down. Does anyone else think this?

Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts
We'll never know until we see the final product and actual gameplay videos.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
i think there is a very small chance that it won't be good. more likely it will be a goty contender
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I can't wait for it.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I think The Last of Us will be good. I'm not so sure about Uncharted 4, though. Seems like they've got all the talent on Last of Us and U4 might suffer.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts

I think The Last of Us will be good. I'm not so sure about Uncharted 4, though. Seems like they've got all the talent on Last of Us and U4 might suffer.

DaRq_MiNoS
I didnt even know they were making an Uncharted 4, honestly. Anyway, I think it looks amazing, but I'll wait till I play the demo to decide if Im buying it or not. Most likely I will, lol.
BigBangTheory_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBangTheory_
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts
What didnt U like in the last gameplay? the infected? I still thinks its gonna be great
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

[QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

Spartan_N7

I didnt even know they were making an Uncharted 4, honestly. Anyway, I think it looks amazing, but I'll wait till I play the demo to decide if Im buying it or not. Most likely I will, lol.

Has not been officially announced, but it is known that half of Naughty Dog has been working on a next gen project, and their have been reports that it is Uncharted 4.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"][QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

DaRq_MiNoS

Has not been officially announced, but it is known that half of Naughty Dog has been working on a next gen project, and their have been reports that it is Uncharted 4.

Ah, okay. Its very rare for me to be unaware of a big name game coming out, but its happened before lol.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

The game would goood, that is a gaurantee. You should see the amount of noise the game gathered at E3 from the press and even here on the forums. The reason is because people have been yearning for a survival game that made you feel like it was really a struggle to survive, scavenging items, fear of the monsters and all that in comparison to Resident Evil thats gone all action on us and generally speaking, the whole gen was dominated by action games so this would be a fresh of air

Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts
With Naughty Dog's track record and from what I've seen and read, The Last of Us is very likely to be a strong GOTY contender and potentially one of the best games of this generation. It's possible that it won't live up to expectations and will only be a very very good game.
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

First off i would just like to say that i have loved every game i have played  from naughty dog, but this game looked amazing at e3 and i saw its latest gameplay and it does not look good to me. I think people are hyping this game way to high and people will be let down. Does anyone else think this?

hardyz200

I guarantee you that it will be great game with a +90 metascore rating and will win many awards.

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
I don't think it's going to be any good.i don't like games where you have a partner that's supposed to be whatching your back,but instead you end up babysitting them trying to keep em alive long enough to finish the game.well your partner in this game is a little girl.i just don't see this working out unless you like babysitting/infected zombie killing.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#14 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Of course there's going to be some people who will be disappointed. That's inevitable with a game so hyped up. I'm not too worried though. I trust Naughty Dog and I've loved every bit of this game I've seen. It looks like it's going to be a lot more than just shooting up enemies room by room. Ammo will be scarce and you'll have to craft your own goods and whatnot... should be interesting. Still very excited for this one.
Teddy_Bear123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Teddy_Bear123
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

The whole game is going to be one massive QTE.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

What I've seen of the game looks pretty good.  Hopefully the story will be interesting and Naughty Dog will be re-energized by this new IP.  But I was extremely disappointed with Uncharted 3 so I'll just be taking a wait-and-see approach.  If the single-player seems kind of perfunctory because their main focus was the multiplayer, and if it's got cinematics constantly intruding on the gameplay, I'll definitely wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#17 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Can't say yet. Personally I think it looks amazing, and believe it will turn out to be amazing.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i'm not exactly hyped for it.

it just seems like the biggest appeal of the game is supposed to be the relationship between the 2 main characters but the weight of the interactivity leans much more towards the combat scenarios. to the game's credit, it seems like the sidekick character might have to get her hands dirty if you choose to get into combat rather than sneak by it, but i haven't heard anything about consequences. if anything, the talk has been more about going along for ride with naughty dog's story.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i think it will be a good game. however i don't think it is going to be amazing like so many ppl are expecting it to be. i think it is getting overhyped though since it's exclusive but like the others said, we won't know until it comes out. i just never really understood the whole zombie fascination.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Naughty Dog and not good? Impossiblu.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I hope it's good.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

You have to take into the account the developer (Naughty Dog) track record. This isn't your average team of developers, this guys pretty much symbolized Uncharted as one of the best PS3 games. They know what they are doing. The gameplay video footage's we have seen are nothing short of amazing, the documentaries with the folks who directed, wrote and continues to be involved are detailed and you can tell that a lot of hard work, love and patience is being given to The Last of Us.

Given all those facts, I have very, very litttle doubt that the game won't be good. If anything, this late into the PS3 life, Last of Us should be a pinnacle. 

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

There is no doubt about it in my mind: the game will be superb, and a definite GoTY contender.

Naughty Dog is one of, if not the best developer (best IMO) in gaming right now, and I have every confidence that they will deliver an exceptional experience with The Last of Us.

XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that it will be great. Shortly after Uncharted 2 was released Naughty Dog was split into two teams. One teamed worked on Uncharted 3 and second team was working on The Last Of Us. This second team also were the ones who worked on Uncharted 2.
Jyakotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Jyakotu
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts

Don't say such things about The Last of Us! It looks like another winner from Naughty Dog and I for one cannot wait to get my hands on it!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Can't say yet. Personally I think it looks amazing, and believe it will turn out to be amazing.

Venom_Raptor

i hope so

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I don't have much hope for The Last of Us after Naughty Dog made the Uncharted series. Admittedly I only played Uncharted 2, but it was one of my worst experiences last gen :s

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

hardyz200
I don't think any game like this is ever epic. only one that ever proved otherwise was uncharted 2. But I'm interested in the story.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Well you're not exactly leaving a lot of room for discussion. What didn't look good to you? The story, the characters, the gameplay, the graphics, the level design?

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#30 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

It's silly to speculate one way or another, really.

Any game has the potential to be 'not good' but I don't think this one fits that. It will likely contend for GOTY.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Naughty Dog never fails.

ninjakartel171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ninjakartel171
Member since 2009 • 329 Posts

it comes with naughty dog stickers so it has to be good

Avatar image for SamThePurpleton
SamThePurpleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SamThePurpleton
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts
People will be let down? Depends how much you hyped, but generally, yes I doubt it will be AS good as people hyped. Most games are like that, however, and I enjoy most of the games I hype about but get let down upon anyway. A few games I have hyped about in the past, yet have let me down in terms of gameplay have still been GOTY and console contenders, but as for Last of Us, there are a number of other good games coming out next year, so we'll just have to see :)
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Lost-to-Apathy

Very possible. I'll give you three reasons:

1. Uncharted 1
  2. Uncharted 2
  3. Uncharted 3

Whatever happened to Jak and Daxter Naughty Dog!? You used to have class! DX Why can't you make good games again? :(

Last of Us == Uncharted with less ammo.

KaY_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KaY_86
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
I think it's going to be great..ND games are always great
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i'm just hoping it not just a game like uncharted where the action took place in a battlefield map, what i mean is that alot of uncharted shooting took place in area's with low walls and hiding spots, and the last of us seems the same but then again there have been different ways in which to play through the same part, but will see. i'm looking forward to it, but i think i have the same worries as the TC, it did seem to me abit like a corridoor shooter esp the gameplay video where they went through that hotel it all seemed a lot like path ways, i'd of enjoyed more of an open world type feel as it is the end of the world . but will see. not gonna make any judgement until i've played it and don't get me wrong uncharted series was awesome.

and really uncharted 4 doesn't make sense leave it at 3 like the rest of them why drag a series on just make a new one, it's not like you've never left a great series before and made a new one. Crash bandicot was awesome, which had 1,2,3, and racing and then you had jak and dexter 1,2,3 and a racing, my thoughts was on uncharted 1,2,3 and the last of us to finish of the ps3. then move on. 

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lost-to-Apathy

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

GeoffZak

1. Uncharted 1
  2. Uncharted 2
  3. Uncharted 3

Whatever happened to Jak and Daxter Naughty Dog!? You used to have class! DX Why can't you make good games again? :(

You just listed three great games. What are you trying to prove?
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Uncharted 3 was crap so I'll wait for the hype to die down and see how this one pans out. Looks cool but definitely not a Day 1 for me.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

Lost-to-Apathy

1. Uncharted 1
  2. Uncharted 2
  3. Uncharted 3

No. I just listed three, boring, generic, uninspired, linear, short, rehashed games.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts
I surely think its gonna be good its naughty dog after all.
wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

I think it's shapping to be a refreshing game in story telling at least. Grapchis aren't bad ether it looks better then most games out thats for sure. Will the game be perfect? No. But Naughty dog tends to pull out some amazing **** their asses so I'll wait and see but I most likely will buy it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It won't be good, it'll be great!

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lost-to-Apathy

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"][QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

1. Uncharted 1
  2. Uncharted 2
  3. Uncharted 3

GeoffZak

No. I just listed three, boring, generic, uninspired, linear, short, rehashed games.

You can take your opinion and shove it up your ass.
OldSnake-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OldSnake-PS3
Member since 2013 • 159 Posts

crash -awesome 

jak n daxter -awesome 

uncharted -more goty awards than any franchise this gen -AWESOME 

TLOU? = yeah i feel pretty good about my preorder :lol:

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

hardyz200
who else thinks this guy is a complete retard for even suggesting this game wont be AAA quality after the track record that naughty dog has? *raises hand*
Fezzinator101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Fezzinator101
Member since 2011 • 195 Posts

I think the last of us is going to be awesome:D. It's being made by Naughty Dog after all.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="hardyz200"]

First off i would just like to say that i have loved every game i have played from naughty dog, but this game looked amazing at e3 and i saw its latest gameplay and it does not look good to me. I think people are hyping this game way to high and people will be let down. Does anyone else think this?

Geminon

who else thinks this guy is a complete retard for even suggesting this game wont be AAA quality after the track record that naughty dog has? *raises hand*

Well Naughty Dog's critical track record has been 3/11 games being AAA while working for Sony.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
don't know if the game will actually be good or not, but it failed to get me excited.
ninjakartel171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ninjakartel171
Member since 2009 • 329 Posts

crash -awesome 

jak n daxter -awesome 

uncharted -more goty awards than any franchise this gen -AWESOME 

TLOU? = yeah i feel pretty good about my preorder :lol:

OldSnake-PS3
HELL YEAH already got mines paid in full
Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

This and Uncharted series are very overrated in my opinion, but that doesn't mean they aren't great games. They just arent my cup of tea, so to hell with them.