Which SRPG should I keep?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fierce_deity13
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
I have a lot of PSP games, and a lot of SRPGs. They take forever to finish. I'm willing to part with one. I have narrowed it down to Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea. From what I hear, they're both good. But I just don't have the time to beat both. And I don't want to keep one if I can sell it for another. I hope this doesn't offend any fan boys, but which one should I keep?
GuessWutUrEmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 GuessWutUrEmo
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
just keep disgaea, in my opinion ff tactics was just boring, and disgaea you can do a lot like getting your characters to lvl 9999
tjiusnoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tjiusnoyo
Member since 2004 • 641 Posts
well for me, story is a very important part in my rpg, and I just don't find disgaea's story that interesting. I give up playing after a few chapter. also, I think Disgaea is making stuff more complicated than it should be with the geo prism thing. there seems to be no reason they exist other than to add complexity. of course that's only my opinion
DragoValmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 DragoValmon
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
My answer is keep both. You will regret getting rid of them in the long run. They are both great games. I can't advise getting rid of either one of them.
Jack_Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Jack_Force
Member since 2007 • 2693 Posts
It's really down to your personal preference. I dislike fft but haven't played disgaea so can't make an unbiased comment. I see no replay value in fft its long boring and every battle takes forever *yawn*
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts
ive got a really bad habit of buying a bunch of games at once and then not playing them all... my suggestion is to keep both, finish just one FIRST, then pull out the other and play the other afterwards.
alexpkmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alexpkmon
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
FFT ofcourse
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

This is a horrible choice to have to make so there's only one solution. Don't make a choice at all. These two games don't really take longer to beat the main storyline than any other game. But all the side stuff that you'll probably want to do will take you much longer.

So instead I propose you keep both, beat both the main storylines and then start doing their side stuff, switching back and forth between the games when you get a chance

fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fierce_deity13
Alright, I've made up my mind. Thanks everyone. :)
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
keep disgaea, is more fun
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts
keep FFT. Better story, better game.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Keep them both.. You won't need to buy any new games for a while and they are both great remakes.

fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fierce_deity13

[QUOTE="fierce_deity13"]I have a lot of PSP games, and a lot of SRPGs. They take forever to finish. I'm willing to part with one. I have narrowed it down to Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea. From what I hear, they're both good. But I just don't have the time to beat both. And I don't want to keep one if I can sell it for another. I hope this doesn't offend any fan boys, but which one should I keep?7CloudStrife7

I don't understand, you have two games but only time to play one. Your solution to this is to sell one of them so you can buy another game? sooo lets see 2-1=1,1+1=2,2=2, hmmm

You assume that I only have 2 games? Wow, . . . just wow. :|

I sell games that I don't want for games that I do want. You seemed to have misunderstood my first post, I hope I didn't confuse you again.

soldier091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soldier091
Member since 2004 • 296 Posts

Okay, here's the deal:

Final Fantasy Tactics has one of the best plots, best soundtracks and best leveling systems in any SRPG I've ever played. It is a brilliant game, and definitely did more for the SRPG genre than Disgaea could ever hope to. But the fact remains that it's also a relatively old game, and thus isn't insanely long and doesn't have many side quests. If you just get through the main story, you could probably beat it in about 40 hours, and I guarantee that you'd be satisfied.

Disgaea, however, is still an incredibly fun game. There's so much depth, variety and humour that you probably won't want to put it down. You can pretty much play that game FOREVER, because it just has so much replay value, and the length of time you play really depends on you. I've put in over 200 hours since buying the PS2 version back in the day, and I'm still not tired of it.

So, I think you should do this: play FFT, love FFT, beat FFT, sell FFT. Keep Disgaea, because it has more replay value in the long run.

Xerolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xerolith
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts

I aswell have both FFT and Disgaea...

I'm trading my copy of FFT for The Simpsons Game for PS3, for my girlfriends little brother. :twisted: Always nice to give a little.:D

I like Disgaea more, I enjoy the story, the humor, and overall the graphics much better than FFT. Tactics just bores me to death. :cry: