Which of the big games are you not getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

Which of the big games coming out this year are you not getting? When I say big I only mean the games that we've been talking about here and not the under the radar games.

My choice is Haze. I just think Killzone is going to take up all my FPS craving and I really won't need Haze.

GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
Final Fantasy, I dont play RPGS.
mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
Killzone is way over rated!!! The first one sucked!!!! Im getting every game thats good
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
The only ones I can think of are Grand Theft Auto 4, Socom Confrontation and possibly Assassin's Creed depending on how it shapes up.
justifythegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 justifythegame
Member since 2003 • 475 Posts
gta 4, played gta for years....can only take it for so long. especially since gta games are known to not use the power of the system its on anyway.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
None. I am getting all of them. :P
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

Lair- from the looks of it, i can get everything i want out of the demo.

Heavenly sword- Same thing with it. If i get the urge to go through a possibly better built game, i'll play ninja gaiden.

Final fantasy 13- I'm sick of leveling up for hours on end, so i gave up on rpgs like this.

Killzone 2- I can probably get as much as i'd want out of a demo. I've got older fps's that i can go back to anyday.

Warhawk and socom confrontation- Only online. Loved socom for its fun single player, but i never really enjoyed multiplayer since the first one.

Rachet and clank- I don't like the art style. Pixar style movies look terrible to me, and the gameplay of the past rachets aren't just my thing.

Well as you can see, about all the ps3 games i want are basically 3rd party titles.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

Killzone-Didn't like the first one either

MGS4-At least not immediatly, I just started the series with portable ops, and I want to play all the others first. It will be hard to find time though, with all the cool games coming out.

Ratchet and Clank-I'll leave that for the kids, shouldn't this be a Nintendo game?

GTA4-Im not sure about this one, but every GTA game Iv'e ever played gets kinda boring quick.

Im pretty sure everything else I've heard of will be awesome. Looking especially forward to Lair, Heavenly Sword, and Assassins Creed.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

- Lair (I want to rent it though)

- Heavenly Sword

- FFXIII ( I DO want vs. XIII)

- Haze

- Ratchet and Clank

EDIT: (For the guy above me)

Just some friendly advice, since you're starting the MGS series, you should play them in order: MGS 1, MGS 2: Sons of Liberty, MGS 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence, THEN play Portable Ops, THEN play MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots. It's easier to follow the story in this order.

williamweaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 williamweaver
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
Lair. It doesn't look like my kind of game.
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

I might just be getting all of them, the more diverse my games the better. Atm i have a FPS, A racer, An RPG and a 3rd person slasher.

Pretty good diversity, but i want the whole shazam, making Ratchet a must get for its rare platform genre. (Nowa days, its kinda died out)

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

1 Killzone Haze just not my type of shooters im all about tactical and both look like twitch shooter if the AI is good though maybe ill go for one or both of them

2 heavenly sword- i've learned my lesson lol once Hollywood gets involved in a game to the extent they have with this one its usually a bad sign anyways i can wait for the next god of war

3 Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid Four never could get into either of them though i liked final fantays a bit more then metal gear just not my type of games.

4 Lair -i don't like the sixaxis control at all ps3 my fav console at the moment but i still think the six-axis just doen'st work and it looks like you can only control the dragon with six axis

5 ratchet and clank im just not sure insomniac has it in them anymore since playing Resistance (which is a good game i just expected much more from them)

6 Warhawk- the games is fun and cool but i dont' want to download it and there not a lot of content in there to justify 60 bucks so ill wait for the second one or for the price to drop (don't really care for the headset)

there so much variety in the ps3 games coming out though that it doesn't feel like im missing out on much i think ill just end up playing little big planet the whole time anyways lol

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

Lair not my type of game

FF13 i tryed them just not my thing either looks cool though

Socom confrontation: will only every buy a socom game again when they get back to how the first and second one was

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vegetattack15

- Heavenly Sword

- Haze

- Ratchet and Clank

Just some friendly advice, since you're starting the MGS series, you should play them in order: MGS 1, MGS 2: Sons of Liberty, MGS 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence, THEN play Portable Ops, THEN play MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots. It's easier to follow the story in this order.

Prinze

Actually, I'm going to finish the Portable Ops (I have no other PSP games at the moment). Then Im going to play them chronologically. Which I was informed (not including portable ops) was in the order of 3, 1, then 2. Then of course I should be able to find part 4 cheap sometime mid-next year. Thank you for the advice though.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

GTA4

UT3

maybe killzone2

thats about it

Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
[QUOTE="Prinze"]

- Heavenly Sword

- Haze

- Ratchet and Clank

vegetattack15

Actually, I'm going to finish the Portable Ops (I have no other PSP games at the moment). Then Im going to play them chronologically. Which I was informed (not including portable ops) was in the order of 3, 1, then 2. Then of course I should be able to find part 4 cheap sometime mid-next year. Thank you for the advice though.

I'd reccomend playing em 1,2,3. Because the third one has a few jokes and alot of the coolness is seeing where your characters started off, you wouldnt get that if you hadnt played the other 2. (Like ocelot not being convinced about revolvers then diciding they are good after all in number 3, and in 1 and 2 he ruddy loves em, so its funny to see he nearly didnt choose them)

You see what i mean? Alot of that would be lost if you played em chronologically.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"][QUOTE="Prinze"]

- Heavenly Sword

- Haze

- Ratchet and Clank

Devils_Joker_22

I'd reccomend playing em 1,2,3. Because the third one has a few jokes and alot of the coolness is seeing where your characters started off, you wouldnt get that if you hadnt played the other 2. (Like ocelot not being convinced about revolvers then diciding they are good after all in number 3, and in 1 and 2 he ruddy loves em, so its funny to see he nearly didnt choose them)

You see what i mean? Alot of that would be lost if you played em chronologically.

You know I had thought of that before as well, it certainly bears consideration. I don't know, the whole series to me is kind of a fill in between the games I really want to play. Im not knocking MG, I just prefer the fantasy/action genre. So Im uber-excited for Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Lair, and Assassins Creed. In the meantime though, I'll definitely consider your advice. Its kind of like the Star Wars series. My son is two, do I start him off with 1,2,3 or 4,5,6?

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

^^ Ahhh, perfect. The best thing to do is expose your son to the Star Wars movies in the order the audience had received them. Which is exactly the same advice you should consider about the MGS Series, because like the other guy said, even though MGS 3 is a prequel, the story, characters, and events are built off of what we were exposed to in 1 and 2; therefore you lose a lot of emotional story plots and "Oh S**t! moments.

And yes, it is a very time consuming thing to get into, but it truly is worth it. :D

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
Killzone 2 at least not immediatly. I'll rent it first but I doubt I will buy it because FPS tend to bore me after awhile. I mean there is only so much you can do. Now if there is something interesting then maybe I'll buy it but probably not.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Probably not Heavenly Sword, it still looks like Tomb Raider God of War edition to me, I'll have to play a demo.

Definetly not getting GTA4

And I think I'm going to make a choice between Haze and Call of Duty 4. I'm probably only getting one or the other, or until one goes down in price.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vegetattack15

Probably not Heavenly Sword, it still looks like Tomb Raider God of War edition to me, I'll have to play a demo.

And I think I'm going to make a choice between Haze and Call of Duty 4. I'm probably only getting one or the other, or until one goes down in price.

Flame_Blade88
I agree, I can't decide myself between Haze and Call of Duty 4. Which comes out first?
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]

vegetattack15

I agree, I can't decide myself between Haze and Call of Duty 4. Which comes out first?

I think around the same time, but I think CoD4 will be out first.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts

GTA: No intentions of ever playing a GTA game again, I got so bored during GTA3, I actually got VCS for free and never touched it.

Warhawk: Played the beta for 30 minutes, didn't like it

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
MGS4. I've never got into the series, and Rachet and Clank, same with MGS4.
ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts
[QUOTE="Prinze"]

- Heavenly Sword

- Haze

- Ratchet and Clank

vegetattack15

trust me go 1,2,3

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

FF13: only RPG i ever got into was WoW.

Maybe Haze: Ill probably get killzone 2 instead, i find that FPS's can be much better if you stick to one at a time for a while than get extremely good and go wreck house online 8)

chucholucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chucholucho
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

yeah its more interesting having all the holes in the story and keep filling them up

chucholucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chucholucho
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

yeah its more interesting having all the holes in the story and keep filling them up

chucholucho

im sorry this comment is for vegetaattack15

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vegetattack15
Yeah, I think you guys are right. I will look for MGS1 next time I go shopping.
rben21232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rben21232
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
im prolly not gunna play GTA(lost interest at vice city), socom, maybe assasins creed if its not good. other than that im gunna get all of the new big games
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CyanX73

GTA: No intentions of ever playing a GTA game again, I got so bored during GTA3, I actually got VCS for free and never touched it.

BenderUnit22

Wow. I got sorta fed up with GTA: San Andreas (one mission in particular) but to say you'll never play a GTA again is bold. If you don't mind, may I ask if you're American? I only ask because I have not met or talked to one American who didn't like GTA but I hear the game doesn't do as well in Japan. I see you also said the Warhawk beta. I kinda see that. I want games to have to both a single player and online mood. That's probably why I'll pass on Warhawk like I passed on VF5.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CyanX73

im prolly not gunna play GTA(lost interest at vice city), socom, maybe assasins creed if its not good. other than that im gunna get all of the new big gamesrben21232

You lost interest at Vice City or after Vice City? Vice City was the best one so I thinking you meant after. I lost interest after San Andreas but this is GTA on a next gen console and the game actually looks good. I see your point though. I'm more excited to see what Sony does with the Getaway than I am about R*.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
[QUOTE="BenderUnit22"]

CyanX73

Wow. I got sorta fed up with GTA: San Andreas (one mission in particular) but to say you'll never play a GTA again is bold. If you don't mind, may I ask if you're American? I only ask because I have not met or talked to one American who didn't like GTA but I hear the game doesn't do as well in Japan. I see you also said the Warhawk beta. I kinda see that. I want games to have to both a single player and online mood. That's probably why I'll pass on Warhawk like I passed on VF5.

No, I'm not American. I did force myself through GTA3, but after a few hours of VC, I was definitely done with the franchise.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Final Fantasy, I dont play RPGS.GloverD
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
im not getting ninja gaiden sigma
Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts

i'm probably not getting

mgs4

lair

ffxiii

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Me getting Haze is dependant on how Killzone 2 turns out and when it releases. I'm definitely not getting GTA4 and I probably won't get Heavenly Sword. Other than those they're all mine!
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

FFXIII most likely. Not unless there's some major changes to the franchise beyond the battle system. I don't care much for games that require a lot of sitting around watching, and that rules out a lot of JRPGs. I want to play games, not sit around watching them.

Ditto MGS4.I tried the second MGS on the Xbox,and didn't care for it.The first part was all right, though too dialogue heavy for my taste. Then Raiden was introduced, and it was all I could to do to play it a few more hours. What a horrible whiny douche of a character. I later tried MGS:TS on the Gamecube. Snake was more tolerable, but I got turned off for the same reason I don't care for the recent FF games. The game was far too cutscene heavy. Characters took forever to finally die, instead going on and on about how much they hate war, but became a mercenary because their fathers didn't like them. Yadda, yadda. On top of that, I really can't stand a lot of the goofy "stylish" action in the cutscenes, like Snake jumping on that missle, or dodging bullets,etc.

Ontopofthat, I just didn't care for the main gameplay. Though, to be fair this was more due to my own expectations. When MGS got raves for being thef irsts tealthgame (though,it came out around the same time Thief hit the PC), I was hoping for something more along the lines of Thief and the Splinter Cell series (which has far more in common with Thiefthan it does MGS).

We'll see how much these games have in common with theirpredecessors.If it's more of the same, I'll pass. I'm hoping the new games surprise me.

Haze looks interesting. I'm not expecting too much with Killzone 2. The first game didn't set the world on fire like it was hyped to, but it was still worth a few hours of fun despite the technical issues and the bland level design and repetitive combat encounters.

jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts
haze, killzone 2, mgs 4, ratchet and clank, ff xiii, lair, warhawk
all of those games either aren't my style or just don't interest me
libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts

Wow, I can't believe some of you guys aren't getting FF XIII, I mean, we have only seen 1 trailer, and well.. it's FINAL FANTASY!! I still remember the 50-people line for FF XII in the gamestop near my house for the midnight release, I'm expecting nothing else for XIII.