Which non-indie games DON'T have Season Pass?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 NinthFall
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

I'm getting utterly, completely sick of the whole idea of Season Passes. Especially since game companies lately only seem to publish DEMOs for the 70€ that they cost here in Finland and then, if you want the full game you're required to pay 100-130€ for the game.That is sick. And even if the price wasn't that high, I still hate the idea. It's so greedy I cannot even believe anyone has the nerve to be that greedy!

So! I've decided to completely abandon any game not on sale that has season pass. Therefore I'm wondering which games still go by the "here's a game for the gamers, have fun" and not by the "buy this demo and pay us some extra for the full game and later on to actually do something pay for some in game stuff, oh and dont worry before u are even done with paying the full game, we release a new one with even more pay to play stuff!"

Name the games... if there is any in this god forsaken joke of a business

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Season pass content will NEVER be included in the main game and the content in them would NEVER see the light of day without the season pass or DLC system

Got that? Is that perfectly understandable to you?

DLC these days are for ideas that stray from the core game and allow the devloper to try something new without hurting the main game. It's there if you want it but you don't need it to enjoy the base game.

Mortal Kombat's season pass is the perfect example. Jason is it in and if he's in the main game it's awful, destroys everything they're going for. As a simple add on that's optional it doesn't ruin that universe they tried to create.

So enjoy killing games by making sure that we all have less choices of content because you somehow feel there's an evil conspiracy going on in your head.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NinthFall

To begin with, I don't like talking to you, simply because of your annoying, provokative style of "social skills"...

But regardless of that, I'll reply to you simply to keep the conversation going on.

You think as many others, that DLC is an exclusive piece of content that does not harm the main game itself, but that is not the case. Before all this Season Pass mumble bumble we used to get all DLC for free, after that they became stuff you can buy for a few bugs.

But now, they are starting to make cash with it. It's a must-have-thing for any game company, because it makes money. It's a fact.

Grand Thef Auto 5, what about the big update called Heists? Came for free, completely. Just like every other update to the game came for free.

Destiny on the other hand is releasing what is to be called so clear money making no one cannot by see. Same goes for Call of Duty.

Batman series were just fine without Season Pass, but now they're launching the new next generation Batman with Season Pass! Why? To make money!

These are examples. The worst is yet to come and you will see how every game will start using this option.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@NinthFall said:

To begin with, I don't like talking to you, simply because of your annoying, provokative style of "social skills"...

But regardless of that, I'll reply to you simply to keep the conversation going on.

You think as many others, that DLC is an exclusive piece of content that does not harm the main game itself, but that is not the case. Before all this Season Pass mumble bumble we used to get all DLC for free, after that they became stuff you can buy for a few bugs.

But now, they are starting to make cash with it. It's a must-have-thing for any game company, because it makes money. It's a fact.

Grand Thef Auto 5, what about the big update called Heists? Came for free, completely. Just like every other update to the game came for free.

Destiny on the other hand is releasing what is to be called so clear money making no one cannot by see. Same goes for Call of Duty.

Batman series were just fine without Season Pass, but now they're launching the new next generation Batman with Season Pass! Why? To make money!

These are examples. The worst is yet to come and you will see how every game will start using this option.

gta v has madddddddddddd dlc in the form of microtransactions.

it's a bad ass game tho... also, didn't arkham city and arkham origins have season passes..? for challenge rooms, costumes, story dlc, etc...

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NinthFall

@MethodManFTW:

GTA V has only microtransactions in the form that you can buy in game cash, which is also very easily obtainable by simply doing heists, missions and stuff. You really don't need to spend a penny to enjoy the game at all.

And ye, the previous batmans were season pass-free games, but the next one will have a 40 dollar season pass.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

WE are all getting sick of it. Just look at the shell that is Star wars battlefront from Dice and EA. Not a shred of gameplay footage, yet they want us to preorder for early access to DLC and extra useless shit. All while telling everyone the games got 2/10ths the content from even the psp game in the series. My favorite star wars series number 2 being my favorite game of all time, and I won't be buying the new one due to EA's cooperate business model of making full priced games around F2P business models.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@NinthFall: incorrect. Origins had/has a season pass. Pretty sure city did as well but the only version on steam anymore is the goty version.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Don't feel like getting in on the DLC debate but I know some games OP. I'll assume PS4 since we're in the Sony board and you mentioned GTA V, Arkham Knight, etc.

Akiba's Trip
Bloodborne (wouldn't be surprised if it gets DLC in the future but nothing announced yet)
Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
DMC: Definitive Edition
Final Fantasy Type-0
inFamous: Second Son
Rayman Legends
The Last of Us Remastered
Wolfenstein: The New Order
(don't think Killzone has a season pass or much DLC but not sure so didn't list it)

These do have DLC but they are non-essential and really only for hardcore fans that want to spend 100+ hours on them:
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
Samurai Warriors 4
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NinthFall

@Eikichi-Onizuka:

Thanks for the list man! Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne for sure are games I'll be playing sometime