Which Autumn/Fall 2011 exclusive will get delayed ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

As we all know Sony has a bit of a habit of delaying games so no game coming in the Fall of 2011 is safe. Exclusives in early 2011 even if they get delayed will surely still hit in 2011 but the ones coming in the Autumn may well slip in 2012, at least one of them. But which one ?

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I would say Resistance 3 since shooters are already getting delayed due to the crowded market.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Last Guardian = new GT5.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Probably The Last Guardian. If you click UC3, I will hunt you down! :evil:

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

The Last Guardian. Or that MMO Agent.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Swift_Boss_A

Last Guardian = new GT5.Fightingfan

Except TLG will exceed in critical reception.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Uncharted 3 is their big one and the best selling franchise of your choices - no dice

The Last Guardian has been in development for years - no dice

Resistance 3 - Their, uh other "big one". Also sells more than Ratchet and in dev for 3 years by fall 2011- no dice

Ratchet & Clank - probably this.

Twisted Metal - and this.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Swift_Boss_A

Uncharted 3 is their big one and the best selling franchise of your choices - no dice

Resistance 3 - Their, uh other "big one". Also sells more than Ratchet and in dev for 3 years by fall 2011- no dice

Floppy_Jim

Twisted Metal too has been in development for a long time, like 2 years so I doubt that will get delayed. It may well be R3 or Ratchet All 4 one seeing as how they are both Insomniac games and I doubt the studio wants both their games releasing close to each other.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

Swift_Boss_A

Twisted Metal too has been in development for a long time, like 2 years so I doubt that will get delayed. It may well be R3 or Ratchet All 4 one seeing as how they are both Insomniac games and I doubt the studio wants both their games releasing close to each other.

+ that EA game.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

Swift_Boss_A

That's my reasoning for choosing Ratchet too. I hope Call of Duty 15 doesn't scare them off releasing R3 for the holiday, I do want that game :o

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Fightingfan

+ that EA game.

I have no idea what game you are talking about lol.

That's my reasoning for choosing Ratchet too. I hope Call of Duty 15 doesn't scare them off releasing R3 for the holiday, I do want that game :o

Floppy_Jim

I reckon it would be better if Ratchet is released in Autumn 2011 and R3 in Feb 2012. I mean we all know MW3 is coming and there is no stopping that beast. It will badly cut into R3 potential sales otherwise.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I'd say Agent. Unless they plan on releasing those games during November which is quickly becoming "Call of Duty Month" since usually no one but Ubisoft has the balls to release in November.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Floppy_Jim

I reckon it would be better if Ratchet is released in Autumn 2011 and R3 in Feb 2012. I mean we all know MW3 is coming and there is no stopping that beast. It will badly cut into R3 potential sales otherwise.

Swift_Boss_A

I think you're right unfortunately. Resistance 2 did very well considering COD: WAW launching with it but COD has swelled into an absolute juggernaut since then. Like a mountain of fat waiting to collapse in on itself.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Floppy_Jim

I think you're right unfortunately. Resistance 2 did very well considering COD: WAW launching with it but COD has swelled into an absolute juggernaut since then. Like a mountain of fat waiting to collapse in on itself.

And when that happens gaming will rise to the next level full of innovation and creativity, not witnessed since the golden years of the 90s. I will then look down at the filth that is COD as it says 'help me', I will whisper 'no'.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Swift_Boss_A

And when that happens gaming will rise to the next level full of innovation and creativity, not witnessed since the golden years of the 90s. I will then look down at the filth that is COD as it says 'help me', I will whisper 'no'.

lol. I know that last part is taken from something but I'm not sure what :P

Off topic- you on DN later?

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

Floppy_Jim

lol. I know that last part is taken from something but I'm not sure what :P

Off topic- you on DN later?

Watchmen :D

Yeah I'll be on an 10 if you wanna co-op

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Floppy_Jim
Cool beans. I'm giving mission 4 a try solo, hopefully won't take me that long.
MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

Yeah I also say The Last Guardian.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#19 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

It doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I reckon out of those listed, The Last Guardian seems likely to get delayed.

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
The Agency, although it's not fully exclusive, I reckon it's the most likely to be delayed.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Swift_Boss_A

The Agency, although it's not fully exclusive, I reckon it's the most likely to be delayed.king_bobo

The game is gonna be delayed forever lol.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

The next Silent Hill game? I know, I know.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Swift_Boss_A

The next Silent Hill game? I know, I know.

CheekyIchi

Actually it's not exclusive...

oh you already know :\

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Last Guardian most likely. I can't see Uncharted 3 getting delayed - Naughty Dog seems like an extremely hard working and efficient developer. I wouldn't be surprised if that shooter got delayed due to some other shooter (or 5) coming out at the same time. Wouldn't surprise me if Twisted Metal got delayed as well. It looked like it needed a whole lot of work when last seen.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Swift_Boss_A
I don't want The Last Guardian to get delayed :( But the poll is giving me the middle finger :cry:

Sony may actually push back the release date of the game to Q1 2012 , in the West at least. It may well be for the best so the game can avoid all the FPS's and release at a time where it can actually generate huge sales, similar to how Heavy Rain was released back in Feb. I bet if that game released now it wouldn't have achieved half the sales it has now.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I would say last guardian or twisted metal. Insomniac is a huge company so both games will come out on time. Uncharted 3 will most likely not get delayed. Sony pushed Uncharted 2 extremely hard and promoted that thing to all hell. Honestly it is cool that Sony has a lot of games in 2011 but it is also bad in a way. A lot of their games could get overlooked because the year is so packed with games.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

I would not be surprised if inFamous 2 was delayed.

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
uncharted 3 will be delayed to 2012 in which case the world will end so we will never get to experience it.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

I don't want The Last Guardian to get delayed :( But the poll is giving me the middle finger :cry:

Sony may actually push back the release date of the game to Q1 2012 , in the West at least. It may well be for the best so the game can avoid all the FPS's and release at a time where it can actually generate huge sales, similar to how Heavy Rain was released back in Feb. I bet if that game released now it wouldn't have achieved half the sales it has now.Swift_Boss_A

I can't see the last guardian getting delayed since we're getting team ico collection in hd in 2011 andgoing to say the agent be delayed

BonlyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BonlyOne
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
Resistance 3.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]I don't want The Last Guardian to get delayed :( But the poll is giving me the middle finger :cry:

Sony may actually push back the release date of the game to Q1 2012 , in the West at least. It may well be for the best so the game can avoid all the FPS's and release at a time where it can actually generate huge sales, similar to how Heavy Rain was released back in Feb. I bet if that game released now it wouldn't have achieved half the sales it has now.kyacat

I can't see the last guardian getting delayed since we're getting team ico collection in hd in 2011 andgoing to say the agent be delayed

Agent is not even confirmed to release in 2011 though.
Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts
Gran Turismo 5 xD