Where are the RPG for the PSP? Answer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
People have been asking for RPG,... there is be quite a lot of rpg coming to PSP this year. Some are already out like Sid Mier Pirates, Gurumin, Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony.

Anyway, is this the Year of the RPG for the PSP?
rasberrycoinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rasberrycoinz
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts
how is sid mier pirates? it has a good score, but i just have the feeling its going tobe an rts game. i don't like that.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
Pirates isn't an RPG game. But it's not RTS either. What I'm really excited about is FF Tactics later this year. Can't wait for that.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
People have been asking for RPG,... there is be quite a lot of rpg coming to PSP this year. Some are already out like Sid Mier Pirates, Gurumin, Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony.

gamenux
NO GOOD RPG, is out yet, dungeon siege is awful. Well acutally monster kingdom is the first REAL rpg for the PSP though I haven't played it yet so I don't know
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
monster kingdom is a good rpg imo.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
monster kingdom is a good rpg imo. joeychew
I said monster kingdom, oh ya and I forgot monster hunter, which is like a 7
nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts

NO GOOD RPG, is out yet, dungeon siege is awful. Well acutally monster kingdom is the first REAL rpg for the PSP though I haven't played it yet so I don't knownevereathim

Uh hello:? Kingdom of paradise, Blade Dancer, Valkyrie profile anyone:?

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamenux
[QUOTE="Nightflash28"]Pirates isn't an RPG game. But it's not RTS either. What I'm really excited about is FF Tactics later this year. Can't wait for that.

I know. Pirate is one of those mix genre games. Part Action, Part Adventure, Part Simulation, and Part RPG cause it does have some RPG elements in it.
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamenux
[QUOTE="gamenux"]People have been asking for RPG,... there is be quite a lot of rpg coming to PSP this year. Some are already out like Sid Mier Pirates, Gurumin, Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony.

nevereathim
NO GOOD RPG, is out yet, dungeon siege is awful. Well acutally monster kingdom is the first REAL rpg for the PSP though I haven't played it yet so I don't know

Dungeon Siege is not a full RPG game. More like a hack+and+slash game like Gauntlet but with more RPG elements thrown in. But judge the game on it own merits, I think it is pretty good. Of course it would not beat the full Dungeon Siege PC version but hey for a portable game, I am enjoying it right now. I haven't try monster kingdom yet so I can't comment on that.
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
[QUOTE="gamenux"]People have been asking for RPG,... there is be quite a lot of rpg coming to PSP this year. Some are already out like Sid Mier Pirates, Gurumin, Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony.

nevereathim

Really I think there are Some that are Good on the PSP. First of all Dungeon Siege is good not as good as the PC game but the hack and slash gameplay and different character are cool. Valkyrie Profiles is a cool Rpg on the PSP, the euro version of Tales of Eternia is awesome I really how the other Tales games come stateside, Kingdom of Paradise is one of the first RPG's on the PSP and it's cool, Gurumin is also cool too, so IMO there are some good RPG's on the PSP now and there are more on the way.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
some of you are confused about western and eastern rpgs. it doesn't have to be final fantasy to be an rpg. even a game like x-men legends could be considered an rpg.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
[QUOTE="somesthetic"]some of you are confused about western and eastern rpgs. it doesn't have to be final fantasy to be an rpg. even a game like x-men legends could be considered an rpg.

I'm glad someone said it. As far as original RPGs go, I couldn't tell you what's good. But you should definitely pick up some of the games that have been ported to the PSP, especially Valkyrie Profile. I'm currently playing Tales of Eternia, but you can only import it. Plus you run the risk of getting a glitched copy.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Just import tales of eternia.  I've pumped in 50 hrs over a month and still not done.  Its been the only game in my psp in weeks.
AP_Nataku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 AP_Nataku
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts

Tales of eternia

and

Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth

Monster Kingdom is pretty disappointing. Great musics, great voice acting, but...the battles turn me off.