Where are all the strategy games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jacdaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jacdaniels
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I used to play Total War on my PC and loved it. I hoped that when the PS3 came along it would be powerful enough to handle such a game but I have not seen anything that is comparible, (including command and conquer). Does anyone know whether there are plans to introduce/develop such games for the PS3 platform? Can the PS3 handle them or is it just too much of a niche market to bother? Any thoughts?
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

It's really weird to see strategy games on a console, they are pretty much PC exlusives, when it comes to strategy on the PS3 i only can think in Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3, and they are more JRPG/Tactic than RTS.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
they arent near as good on consoles as pc, so their mostly avoided. brutal legends has some rts elements though.
grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

I would like to see someI might get command and conqour but i didnt like C & C 3 (pc). I want a new C & C Generals game, that i would buy for sure!

Ive given up on PC gaming since i got a hdtv.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, Command & Conquer are all good strategy games for the PS3. I think RUSE is coming out soon, too.

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Ya its too niche for a big release so only hope is good ports of big games like C & C, oh you might be able to get civilisation revolutions or sumink like that

BTW how is C & C Red alert 3? I liked 2 but didnt like the last C&C much i prefer them to be a bit realistic and not too complicated like generals.

Michael622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Michael622
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts
Civilization is really the only tru strategy game that I've played on the PS3. It wasn't bad but I've decided I'll stick to my PC for strategy games from now on. It's the controls that does it for me.
VpZ94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VpZ94
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Although the PS3 is not the "prime" RTS console, it has gotten a few titles of note. C&C3,Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2. they both have been decently reviewed and I enjoyed them quite a bit. On the other hand, you can expect two mayor RTS titles soon enough. R.U.S.E: a WWII themed rts game to be released soon and C&C4 wich is the last game on the series that aims to end them with a glorious BANG!
Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

RTS games just aren't any good on consoles. there are a ton on PC though. if you want strategy games other than RTS on the Console there is Civilization Revolution, Valkyria Chronicles, and Disgaea 3.