What's your price cutoff for the new console?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ItsShane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ItsShane
Member since 2011 • 78 Posts

I would pay 450 euro.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I will most likely do like I did with the PS3 , wait until it had been out for awhile and the price dropped. Even then I waited until a game came out that I just had to have GOW3, before buying it. RollinKaos

Ditto. Launch is overrated. I don't care what it ships at, I wait a year or two for revisions and price drops.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#53 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

I'm sick of current gen modern trends and I am sick of video game franchises being changed for the worse. If you ruin what I love, of course you bet I'm going to bash you, including bashing the inferior product that is to blame for ruining the thing I love.

soundcellx

The difference is you're trying to pass off your personal feelings as universal and that EVERYONE should feel the same way as you do. That's not going to happen.

People are different.

You can't use that as justification to "bash people" because the Internet is nothing BUT people who disagree. So that's not a valid excuse. There are a lot of things people like that I hate, but I don't go around using that as an excuse to start arguments with people.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

400... Either way I plan on waiting at least a year or two so they can fix any problems with the console & release a Slim version. I still have a ton of PS3 games to catch up on and plenty of new releases this year to add to the pile so I won't mind waiting.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

My limit seems to be $400.00 for the console itself. Plus a game $60.00. So $460.00-$500.00. It did buy Xbox 360 at launch, Then bought the Gears of War LTD bundle console for $400.00. Bought a brand new PS3 40GB for $400.00. Spent $400.00 for PSvita and games at launch.

I didn't buy PS3 at launch. Only bought it brand new when it was $400.00, Also bought the first PS3 slim brand new at $299.99.

Sony PS4 should be more reasonable. So I wouldn't expect another $599.99 launch price. Not in such a poor world economy

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ReviewerDrake

My limit seems to be $400.00 for the console itself. Plus a game $60.00. So $460.00-$500.00. It did buy Xbox 360 at launch, Then bought the Gears of War LTD bundle console for $400.00. Bought a brand new PS3 40GB for $400.00. Spent $400.00 for PSvita and games at launch.

I didn't buy PS3 at launch. Only bought it brand new when it was $400.00, Also bought the first PS3 slim brand new at $299.99.

Sony PS4 should be more reasonable. So I wouldn't expect another $599.99 launch price. Not in such a poor world economy

Megavideogamer

I would honestly be shocked if Sony pulled another "600 US Dollars" stunt they know they made a mistake I'm sure they won't be as greedy this time around.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Anything past $400 seems a bit too high. It really is hard to say what I will or won't do until I actually get to see the features they have to offer and what games are in their launch line up. If they have some great games available and their hardware has much improved features then I will certainly consider picking one up near the the launch. So I guess this question will be better suited for around E3 or whenever they decide to give us all the info.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="Megavideogamer"]

ReviewerDrake

I would honestly be shocked if Sony pulled another "600 US Dollars" stunt they know they made a mistake I'm sure they won't be as greedy this time around.

Greedy? Weren't they taking a loss on each console?
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
Greedy? Weren't they taking a loss on each console?The_Rick_14
Yup.
barsoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 barsoffury
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

399. Wont be that at launch, no chance in hell and even if it was I would pass on it. Chances are there will be hardware issues or something like the ps3 had until the slim came out. Ps3 will still be super popular for several years after ps4 comes out.

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

$299-$399. If any of the new consoles are over that then I am gonna stick with my PS3 and PC until a price drop is confirmed along with a decent set of games

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#63 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

Right now, I'd say $399, but that's negotiable as the year goes on.  I think the launch games will play a big part in my decision.

ItsEvolution
This, wholeheartedly. I'd defintely have to see how the launch lineup pans out to determine if I will get it at that price that soon.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]I'm sick of current gen modern trends and I am sick of video game franchises being changed for the worse. If you ruin what I love, of course you bet I'm going to bash you, including bashing the inferior product that is to blame for ruining the thing I love.

Kravyn81

The difference is you're trying to pass off your personal feelings as universal and that EVERYONE should feel the same way as you do. That's not going to happen.

People are different.

You can't use that as justification to "bash people" because the Internet is nothing BUT people who disagree. So that's not a valid excuse. There are a lot of things people like that I hate, but I don't go around using that as an excuse to start arguments with people.

You still don't get the big picture. You do not understand, so I will provide you with a few imaginative examples to help you understand. 

Okay, imagine you LOVE Hungry Hungry Hippos and you have played it for 20 years. Let's say that you hate card games because they are boring. All of a sudden the company that owns Hungry Hungry Hippos decides to stop making new Hungry Hungry Hippos and decides to make a different version of Hungry Hungry Hippos, but they make it into a card game. Are you going to be happy? The owners of Hungry Hungry Hippos just screwed over long time Hungry Hungry Hippos fans by selling out by making the series into something it isn't. That is exactly what I am against. That is a large reason why I hate current gen games. 

Okay, another example. I hate Clone of Duty. However, imagine you love Clone of Duty. I'm sure you know what the games are like. Imagine you love Clone of Duty but all of a sudden they stop making them into PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Game), and instead only make them into strategy or puzzle games. Are you going to be happy?

In both those examples, I just proved how video game developers can be trolls and screw over the fanbase.  

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

[QUOTE="Kravyn81"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]I'm sick of current gen modern trends and I am sick of video game franchises being changed for the worse. If you ruin what I love, of course you bet I'm going to bash you, including bashing the inferior product that is to blame for ruining the thing I love.

soundcellx

People are different.

You still don't get the big picture. You do not understand, so I will provide you with a few imaginative examples to help you understand. 

Okay, imagine you LOVE Hungry Hungry Hippos and you have played it for 20 years. Let's say that you hate card games because they are boring. All of a sudden the company that owns Hungry Hungry Hippos decides to stop making new Hungry Hungry Hippos and decides to make a different version of Hungry Hungry Hippos, but they make it into a card game. Are you going to be happy? The owners of Hungry Hungry Hippos just screwed over long time Hungry Hungry Hippos fans by selling out by making the series into something it isn't. That is exactly what I am against. That is a large reason why I hate current gen games. 

Okay, another example. I hate Clone of Duty. However, imagine you love Clone of Duty. I'm sure you know what the games are like. Imagine you love Clone of Duty but all of a sudden they stop making them into PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Game), and instead only make them into strategy or puzzle games. Are you going to be happy?

In both those examples, I just proved how video game developers can be trolls and screw over the fanbase.  

If you don't like change, so be it. Stick with what you love then. Replaying the classics isn't impossible you know. I've beaten A Link to the Past dozens of times and I didn't care for Skyward Sword. I've played Super Mario Bros 3 millions of times and I also love Super Mario Galaxy 2. If you don't like the present or what the future is bringing, then stay in the past.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 soundcellx

If you don't like change, so be it. Stick with what you love then. Replaying the classics isn't impossible you know. I've beaten A Link to the Past dozens of times and I didn't care for Skyward Sword. I've played Super Mario Bros 3 millions of times and I also love Super Mario Galaxy 2. If you don't like the present or what the future is bringing, then stay in the past.

happy_dude64

I just replayed Yoshi's Island last week and am currently in the process of finishing Super Mario RPG again (just got the super suit).

Yes, Skyward Sword is an awful game, and Zelda is in my top 5 favorite VG series, which is why Wind Waker HD looks so much better to me, since it makes up for Zelda: Sucky Sword.

However, not ALL new games are crap. The Souls games are the best games in the last 6+ years, the Tales series stays true to its roots and fantastic, Ninokuni is universally praised, Lost Odyssey is fantastic, the MGR demo is really fun and for real gamers and not watered down casual crap, most Nintendo first party games still consist of very high quality, etc.

Anyhow, Sony will have to provide much more than just shooters next gen if they ever expect me to buy a PS4. Unlike the PS3, the PS4 will need more good games than I can count on two hands. 6+ years have I owned a PS3 waiting for proper turn based JRPGs, that I never got. 6+ years waiting for good games, to get no more than I can count on two hands. 

Sony screwed me over big time.  

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 happy_dude64

Sony didn't screw you, if your not content with the content then move along to another console/PC or stay in the past. Nothing wrong with replaying classics until "good" things come out. I've been happy as hell with my PS3 for modern gaming and my Wii for classic gaming. If you don't like gaming as you claim that you "love" it...then go play hungry hungry hippos...

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

soundcellx

I didn't realize that Sony came to your home and held you at gunpoint until you bought a PS3. Sony didn't "screw" anyone, they simply didn't make enough games that were up to your ridiculous, trapped in 1997 "standards". Meanwhile, MILLIONS of other gamers have found plenty to love about their PS3's, whether you like it or not, or whether you think we're all morons for not only buying JRPG's and Nintendo's rehashes.

Seriously, no one cares that you won't buy a PS4, or regret buying a PS3.  But please, keep posting more trollish drivel about how much better things were in the old days.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 soundcellx

Oh, you also failed to address the differences between good change and bad change. 

You said that I do not like change. No, that is very untrue. I love change that is good and hate change that is bad. 

If you think that all change is good, do you think it was good when Germany changed into a Nazi state?

So sick of your cliche argument that EVERY AND ALL CHANGE IS GOOD. - NO NO NO, IT IS NOT! Get that into your thick skull, please. 

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 happy_dude64

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

ItsEvolution

I didn't realize that Sony came to your home and held you at gunpoint until you bought a PS3. Sony didn't "screw" anyone, they simply didn't make enough games that were up to your ridiculous, trapped in 1997 "standards". Meanwhile, MILLIONS of other gamers have found plenty to love about their PS3's, whether you like it or not, or whether you think we're all morons for not only buying JRPG's and Nintendo's rehashes. Seriously, no one cares that you won't buy a PS4, or regret buying a PS3. But please, keep posting more trollish drivel about how better things were in the old days.

Ahahaha this guy knows exactly what I wanted to say. That pessimistic cynical girl wont stop complaining anywhere about hwo the past is the best. Jesus...guy needs a new hobby.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

ItsEvolution

I didn't realize that Sony came to your home and held you at gunpoint until you bought a PS3. Sony didn't "screw" anyone, they simply didn't make enough games that were up to your ridiculous, trapped in 1997 "standards". Meanwhile, MILLIONS of other gamers have found plenty to love about their PS3's, whether you like it or not, or whether you think we're all morons for not only buying JRPG's and Nintendo's rehashes. Seriously, no one cares that you won't buy a PS4, or regret buying a PS3. But please, keep posting more trollish drivel about how better things were in the old days.

You're the troll. Also, quit with your false nostalgia argument. Just because something is new does not make it better. Yes, Sony did screw me over since their PS3 library is inferior to PS2 and PS, and they killed variety.

Nintendo "rehashes" are more creative and innovative than your new games, such as Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, God of War, GoW2 & 3 & CoO & GoS & GoWA, Resistance, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, Resistance PSP, Resistance Vita, Killzone, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Killzone Vita, Twisted Metal, etc.

rehash2.jpg 

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

Max 350 euros. Anything more than that, Sony will have to really impress me.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

You're the troll. Also, quit with your false nostalgia argument. Just because something is new does not make it better. Yes, Sony did screw me over since their PS3 library is inferior to PS2 and PS, and they killed variety.

Nintendo "rehashes" are more creative and innovative than your new games, such as Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, God of War, GoW2 & 3 & CoO & GoS & GoWA, Resistance, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, Resistance PSP, Resistance Vita, Killzone, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Killzone Vita, Twisted Metal, etc.
soundcellx

Okay, at this point, you're simply delusional.  First, nice "I know you are, but what am I" comeback, very clever, very classy.  I've never trolled this board a day in my life, I have better things to do than stir the pot to get reactions, as you've been doing for pages now. 

Secondly, you can't compare Nintendo's rehashes with Sony's.  OF COURSE Uncharted 1-3 share a similar look.  They're made using the same console, using the same engine, starring the same characters, going on similar treasure hunting adventures.  What an awful example.  The same goes for Killzone.  And how DARE three racing games that use real makes and models of cars all use the same model of car!  Meanwhile, for the last FOUR generations, Nintendo has been content to do the following: Zelda game using the Ocarina of Time blueprint, Mario 3D game, Mario side scrolling game (reusing the same assets each time, btw), Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Smash Bros, with little to no innovation each time for all but the 3D platformers. And while we're at it, I didn't see any screenshot comparisons of the Metroid Prime series, WHICH ALL LOOK THE SAME.    Are any of the Nintendo games I just listed bad?  Absolutely not.  But to conjure up a misleading fanboy pic to prove your deluded point is laughable at best. 

I truly hope that you don't buy a PS4, because I have no interest in hearing you complain about how it (and Sony) doesn't cater to you. 

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 soundcellx

Meanwhile, for the last FOUR generations, Nintendo has been content to do the following: Zelda game using the Ocarina of Time blueprint, Mario 3D gameItsEvolution

Just going to stop you here...

Majora's Mask and Sucky Sword are the two worst Zelda games.

Also, Super Mario 64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Super Mario Galaxy 2 >> Super Mario Galaxy. Also, including Super Mario Sunshine, they are not the same at all, aside from both Galaxy games being the same.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 happy_dude64

[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]Meanwhile, for the last FOUR generations, Nintendo has been content to do the following: Zelda game using the Ocarina of Time blueprint, Mario 3D gamesoundcellx

Just going to stop you here...

Majora's Mask and Sucky Sword are the two worst Zelda games.

Also, Super Mario 64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Super Mario Galaxy 2 >> Super Mario Galaxy. Also, including Super Mario Sunshine, they are not the same at all, aside from both Galaxy games being the same.

Sucky Sword? Really girl? Grow up. I didn't care for Skyward Sword but at least use the correct name. By the way before you run your mouth like you always do. Zelda is my top 2 video game series next to Metal Gear. Now to wait for a smartass answer from some child...

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 soundcellx

Sucky Sword? Really girl? Grow up. I didn't care for Skyward Sword but at least use the correct name. By the way before you run your mouth like you always do. Zelda is my top 2 video game series next to Metal Gear. Now to wait for a smartass answer from some child...

happy_dude64

Zelda is in my top 5 favorite video game series ever. Does not stop Suckward Sword from sucking.  

Also, aside from your many spelling and grammatical errors, you may want to make up your mind about my gender: 

Ahahaha this guy knows exactly what I wanted to say. That pessimistic cynical girl wont stop complaining anywhere about hwo the past is the best. Jesus...guy needs a new hobby.

happy_dude64

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

IGN just said there's a rumor it's going to be around $400. I think that's reasonable for launch.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#79 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

You still don't get the big picture. You do not understand

soundcellx
You don't understand your own behavior. You really like something, they stop making it, so what's your reaction? You throw a tantrum about it and chastise other people who do like it. That is the behavior of a petulant child, not an adult.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Kravyn81

You don't understand your own behavior. You really like something, they stop making it, so what's your reaction? You throw a tantrum about it and chastise other people who do like it. That is the behavior of a petulant child, not an adult.

Wrong.

Fans who liked the series in the first place have more right to the series than new people. You guys have no right whatsoever to ruin things that people have loved for years and years.

We were here first, so go somewhere else. Go make some new horrible IPs for you new casual gamers. Go make new casual games instead of casualizing game series that have been around for over a decade. We have more right than you guys do. 

I am sticking up for real gamers, whose series you new casual gamers ruin. I oppose you and you are my enemy. In fact, you guys are an enemy to good video games, since your video games are so subpar and mediocre and lackluster. Go away with your crappy games. We don't want your crappy games so piss off.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#81 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'd pay no more than £250

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts
Off topic here guys, but will the PS4 support PS3 games? I just got my PS3, like a month ago :D
happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 happy_dude64

[QUOTE="Kravyn81"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Wrong.

Fans who liked the series in the first place have more right to the series than new people. You guys have no right whatsoever to ruin things that people have loved for years and years.

We were here first, so go somewhere else. Go make some new horrible IPs for you new casual gamers. Go make new casual games instead of casualizing game series that have been around for over a decade. We have more right than you guys do. 

I am sticking up for real gamers, whose series you new casual gamers ruin. I oppose you and you are my enemy. In fact, you guys are an enemy to good video games, since your video games are so subpar and mediocre and lackluster. Go away with your crappy games. We don't want your crappy games so piss off.

WRONG! Everyone has a right to anything. You don't have more right than someone else. You don't own the video game company nor the publisher that helped make the game. People that pay with their own hard working money deserve the right unlike you who complains about games you clearly haven't beaten or even played like DmC or FFXIII. 

Why don't you make your own video games instead of complaining of the games real gamers are enjoying. AND yes I am speaking of everyone else besides you. All you do is complain and whine about every little aspect of any old IP with a new game. Well guess what!? Your in the minority or they wouldn't be making these sequels that many enjoy including myself. Now you will complain on how you ARE a real gamer and blah blah blah. Well I don't care honestly because all you do is complain instead of game or appreciate what we can game on now. Go to PC if your so unhappy and cheap to buy NEW games. Go become a pirate for all I care. I will continue to buy theses" god awful" games and continue to enjoy them especially even now because I know their is childish people like you that probably cry themselves to sleep because of how many people buy these terrible games. By the way, FF13-3 is one of the games I'm looking forward to the most and I will be buying it on launch guy. Good life because I will now pretend that you don't excist because clearly you aren't worth the time or effort anymore.

AMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AMG
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
$399 is my limit.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#85 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it's hard to say what i'd pay for it without knowing what i'm buying. assuming the rumors are right that it's a little less powerful than high end gaming PC's, i'd go with around 325USD. that said, i don't expect to buy it around launch because the history of launch lineups (especially with sony devices) isn't very good.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#86 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'll get a PS4 within a couple of months of its release unless it's a ridiculous price. I'd be willing to pay about £600 for a PS4.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

How is that to start off with on positivity?

soundcellx

Try making it a habit. Jesus, I know I'm a dick to certain people on here but it's usually 'cause they deserve it in some form or fashion (like asking stupid questions like "Duuuur! How do you turn on the PS3???"). You're just coming off as annoying because in every thread all you do is bash. Nobody wants to hear that. If you don't like something, that's fine, but stop bringing every thread down. That's obnoxious.

You're forgetting a few things though. 

If people are happy that they ruined my favorite video game series (Final Fantasy with XIII, Resident Evil, Splinter Cell, a horrible Zelda game (Skyward Sword)) and are happy that other video game series are ruined for fans of DMC, then those people are indeed trolls who deserve insults.

I'm sick of current gen modern trends and I am sick of video game franchises being changed for the worse. If you ruin what I love, of course you bet I'm going to bash you, including bashing the inferior product that is to blame for ruining the thing I love. 

STOP RUINING MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME FRANCHISES!!!!!!! STAHP!

You need to be reported for disruptive posting...starting from now....

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 soundcellx

WRONG! Everyone has a right to anything. You don't have more right than someone else. You don't own the video game company nor the publisher that helped make the game. People that pay with their own hard working money deserve the right unlike you who complains about games you clearly haven't beaten or even played like DmC or FFXIII.happy_dude64

Hey Mister Troll, I have finished Final Fantasy XIII, so you should stick your foot in your mouth before you end up looking like an imbecile. 

Someone that has been playing and buying every Resident Evil game since the first one, why should they pay for a game like ORC or RE5 or RE6 if they dislike it? You new casual gamers have no right to steal video game franchises away from fans. Fans have paid with their money, so don't they have the right to keep on getting the video game series that they like? 

Once you change a video game series into something that is not what those people like, why should those same people buy the inferior new games? That's also why DmC is a colossal failure, and I am glad. Hopefully Ninja Theory go out of business soon.  

By the way, FF13-3 is one of the games I'm looking forward to the most and I will be buying it on launch guy. Good life because I will now pretend that you don't excist because clearly you aren't worth the time or effort anymore.

happy_dude64

You already said that Final Fantasy series has gone downhill, yet you're still supporting FFXIII? 
You think the XIII series is among the worst of the Final Fantasy games, yet you can't wait for it, and you're still going to support it? So, am I not supposed to consider you a moron?

Good life because I will now pretend that you don't excist because clearly you aren't worth the time or effort anymore.

happy_dude64

Oh I have heard that one before from you

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ReviewerDrake

soundcellx

Wrong.

This girl serious?

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#91 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

Hey Mister Troll, I have finished Final Fantasy XIII, so you should stick your foot in your mouth before you end up looking like an imbecile. 

Someone that has been playing and buying every Resident Evil game since the first one, why should they pay for a game like ORC or RE5 or RE6 if they dislike it? You new casual gamers have no right to steal video game franchises away from fans. Fans have paid with their money, so don't they have the right to keep on getting the video game series that they like? 

Once you change a video game series into something that is not what those people like, why should those same people buy the inferior new games? That's also why DmC is a colossal failure, and I am glad. Hopefully Ninja Theory go out of business soon.  

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

By the way, FF13-3 is one of the games I'm looking forward to the most and I will be buying it on launch guy. Good life because I will now pretend that you don't excist because clearly you aren't worth the time or effort anymore.

soundcellx

You already said that Final Fantasy series has gone downhill, yet you're still supporting FFXIII? 
You think the XIII series is among the worst of the Final Fantasy games, yet you can't wait for it, and you're still going to support it? So, am I not supposed to consider you a moron?

Good life because I will now pretend that you don't excist because clearly you aren't worth the time or effort anymore.

happy_dude64

Oh I have heard that one before from you

You can't throw a hissy fit over the changes in the market. It costs millions more to develop high quality games now than it did in the past. That means a lot more games have to sell to be successful. Developers are just making games for the market to stay in business. We are seeing companies close left and right and you acutally think it is a good idea for them to focus on a minority of "true gamers." Really? That is just a stupid business idea overall.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#92 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Probably around 400, but at 349 it is a going to be hard to not grab one, especially if there are good launch titles.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 soundcellx

You can't throw a hissy fit over the changes in the market. It costs millions more to develop high quality games now than it did in the past. That means a lot more games have to sell to be successful. Developers are just making games for the market to stay in business. We are seeing companies close left and right and you acutally think it is a good idea for them to focus on a minority of "true gamers." Really? That is just a stupid business idea overall.nightshade869

If that is such a stupid business idea that I have, tell that to CrapScum and Ninja Theory with their colossal floppy bomb entitled, "DmC". Now that was a terrible business move, because they abandoned their fans, thus their fans abandoned them and left their DmC to flop all over the place. 

And Final Fantasy XIII-2 sold 1/3 the amount that FFXIII did. That is what Squeenix gets for abandoning their fanbase. 

So, just because video game developers decide to Clone of Duty-ize their game doesn't mean it will produce the same results. 

And I actually hope for another video game crash, with the way things have been going with modern gaming. A video game industry crash might just be what we need to get good games again. 

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="nightshade869"]

You can't throw a hissy fit over the changes in the market. It costs millions more to develop high quality games now than it did in the past. That means a lot more games have to sell to be successful. Developers are just making games for the market to stay in business. We are seeing companies close left and right and you acutally think it is a good idea for them to focus on a minority of "true gamers." Really? That is just a stupid business idea overall.soundcellx

If that is such a stupid business idea that I have, tell that to CrapScum and Ninja Theory with their colossal floppy bomb entitled, "DmC". Now that was a terrible business move, because they abandoned their fans, thus their fans abandoned them and left their DmC to flop all over the place. 

And Final Fantasy XIII-2 sold 1/3 the amount that FFXIII did. That is what Squeenix gets for abandoning their fanbase. 

So, just because video game developers decide to Clone of Duty-ize their game doesn't mean it will produce the same results. 

And I actually hope for another video game crash, with the way things have been going with modern gaming. A video game industry crash might just be what we need to get good games again. 

I ALMOST feel sorry for you...

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="nightshade869"]

You can't throw a hissy fit over the changes in the market. It costs millions more to develop high quality games now than it did in the past. That means a lot more games have to sell to be successful. Developers are just making games for the market to stay in business. We are seeing companies close left and right and you acutally think it is a good idea for them to focus on a minority of "true gamers." Really? That is just a stupid business idea overall.StrongBlackVine

So, you're ALMOST sorry for ruining modern gaming? You're ALMOST sorry for ruining long running beloved franchises, like FF, Tomb Raider, DmC, Splinter Cell, RE, etc.? You're ALMOST sorry for the diminishing quality of video games as a whole?

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

i heard on the news that the ps4 will be $430 which is a good launch price but i am waiting for the slim ps4.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#97 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
$400 if the most I would pay, as long as the current rumors are false. If they have online only, no used games then I wouldn't buy it even for $100.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 StrongBlackVine

$400 if the most I would pay, as long as the current rumors are false. If they have online only, no used games then I wouldn't buy it even for $100.Rattlesnake_8

Those are the rumors for the 720, not the PS4/

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

So, you're ALMOST sorry for ruining modern gaming? You're ALMOST sorry for ruining long running beloved franchises, like FF, Tomb Raider, DmC, Splinter Cell, RE, etc.? You're ALMOST sorry for the diminishing quality of video games as a whole?

When you put that way I am not sorry at all. I'm enjoying my gaming. Can't wait to play as Lara Croft again next month!

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

When you put that way I am not sorry at all. I'm enjoying my gaming. Can't wait to play as Lara Croft again next month!

It's not Lara Croft in your avatar and you cannot play as her in the new game. The character in the new game is named Lauren Craft.