What's with the bugs in assassin's creed???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leadlefthand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leadlefthand
Member since 2007 • 284 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_creed

"Many fans tracking the progress of the game expressed disappointment on gaming sites with the flawed crash detection physics, appearance of many "clones" in the game, and his uncharacteristic voice."

Don't developers demo a game in public when they're sure that these glitches are already ironed out??? Also, the game is due this november. Having a buggy presentation with little time left before release is making me really worried.

I have plans purchasing this game. but currently, i'm beginning to have some doubts.

jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

"Many fans tracking the progress of the game expressed disappointment on gaming sites with the flawed crash detection physics, appearance of many "clones" in the game, and his uncharacteristic voice."

Don't developers demo a game in public when they're sure that these glitches are already ironed out??? Also, the game is due this november. Having a buggy presentation with little time left before release is making me really worried.

I have plans purchasing this game. but currently, i'm beginning to have some doubts.

leadlefthand

Its Ubi Soft, they will delay it...They delay anything and everything under the sun. Allegedly the glitches have all be fixed and simply failed to create a new demo with these issues resolved.

dzaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dzaric
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts

leadlefthand

If Hideo Kojima is wowed by the game, then it should be good. In any case, what u were seeing was an alpha build of it, and natrually, it has some problems. And narually, it will get delayed.

Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
there's a floating dead body bug during the e3 M$ demo, that was kinda embarassing. they should at least check the parts that they are going to demo and make sure no bugs get shown during the demo
justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

leadlefthand

From what i have seen so far...a solid rental. but that is about it.

ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts

its ubisoft game what do you expect ?

it will be great game but it will be full of bugs/glitches, like their all games

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
thers no doubt that this a definate buy for me, regardless of the bugs. i loved kz1, even with ALL of its bugs.
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
yeah, true that. just concider that its ubi soft. and its not there job to deliver perfection for a bunch of forum kids who sit around and criticize game developers all day. assasins creed looks really cool, as far as how big it is and what you can do. i really wont be crying if theres a few glitches or clones, bring on the sloppy voice too. 
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts
First of all, the game is 360 primary, sooo we noticed two or three bugs during the demo, and they said that they are being fixed in the studio right now..... Now imagine the same game running at PS3, it'll most likely be FULL of bugs, just the way Ubisoft makes them these days lols - so yaa delays and delays and more delays and still not the SAME version that theykeep talking about. Another great game of PS3 :P
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Yeah, I got the feeling the game can't quite live up to the expectations. The body in the air was hella funny, but what I liked less was the crowd A.I. I mean, the guy jumped into from a tower into a pile of hay and no one gave a crap. I think it's gonna be a great game, but not quite as immersive as I had hoped for.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
If you're talking about the E3 demo, that was on the 360 Microsoft rushed Ubisoft to make a playable demo at E3 because Bungie could not make a demo of Halo 3. That's why there was so many bugs...but I'm buying the PS3 version.
inspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inspectre
Member since 2004 • 476 Posts

Boy you guys make up all kinds of conspiracy theories. Unfortunately they're all wrong.

Like dream431ca said, the reason Assassin's Creed had some bugs was because it was a totally last minute thing for Ubisoft. Microsoft couldn't get a playable demo of Halo at all, so they asked Ubisoft to step in like a week before E3. They certainly didn't have to, but I give them props for doing it anyway. It obviously hurt people's impression of the game though.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
Well from whatIsaw none of you guys watchedthe E3 coverage on G4. They had a hands on with Assassins Creed andJade Reymond(the producer)said that the gamewas already finished and now they were entering the debugging stage for the last three months of its development.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts
There was a video rolling around yesterday and it was a clip about assians creed and in it jade said that the floating body was fixed and that their already done with the game and will use the last 3 months to de bug stuff
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

there's a floating dead body bug during the e3 M$ demo, that was kinda embarassing. they should at least check the parts that they are going to demo and make sure no bugs get shown during the demokingtahktahkhuk

I remember that. Lol. That was quite funny. :P