what's up with Final Fantasy versus (13), ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dragdar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dragdar
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of FF, but I don't hate it either, anyway... I don't like the way FF xIII turned out so I was wondering if there was any word of the other FF versus.

Kinda strange that nothing showed up on E3, no new info? setting? story? gameplay elements?

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of FF, but I don't hate it either, anyway... I don't like the way FF xIII turned out so I was wondering if there was any word of the other FF versus.

Kinda strange that nothing showed up on E3, no new info? setting? story? gameplay elements?

Dragdar
Wait till TGS. They'll show some stuffs.
director13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 director13
Member since 2004 • 1677 Posts

Its basically a dream FF game. Made by a an awesome, proven team and an awesome, proven director.

They stated that the official info unveil will happen at TGS in September.

True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts

Here's a new trailer that just released.

yokofox33
what the hell is this homeboy
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

yokofox33

WOW amazing thanks for the link ill watch it now :D!!! [spoiler] DARN YOU!!! got my hopes up for nothing :P [/spoiler]

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

True-Legend86

Are those not the dudes from Versus? Correct me if I'm wrong. They look exactly the same.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="True-Legend86"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Are those not the dudes from Versus? Correct me if I'm wrong. They look exactly the same.

Well, the one in the blue at 0:55 looks like one of the protagonist in Yakuza4. Guess SE gonna get sued :P
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

damn you guys, make me click on both the links! :evil:

Dragdar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dragdar
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

True-Legend86

LOOOOL
Lost_Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lost_Omega
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

The guy for Kingdom Hearts 3 that KH3's future depends on Versus XIII so it better come out and succeed or me and Square Enix are gonna have some problems.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

damn you guys, make me click on both the links! :evil:

DarkblueNinja
PWNED
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/

2nd, 3rd and 4th posts are what you wanna see. Anyway, you gotta wait till TGS for some info and MAYBE a release date. Anywho, it's got some great potential and hopefully it'll be a bomb. But it ain't exactly and RPG, it's an action-RPG so I dunno if that's what you're looking for.

Dragdar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dragdar

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/

2nd, 3rd and 4th posts are what you wanna see. Anyway, you gotta wait till TGS for some info and MAYBE a release date. Anywho, it's got some great potential and hopefully it'll be a bomb. But it ain't exactly and RPG, it's an action-RPG so I dunno if that's what you're looking for.

finalserenade75
i just want it to offer a great setting, likeable characters, good plot, give me more control over combat, make TACTIC and STRATEGY a necessary thing to pass the fights. I also want the plot to EVOLVE from the usual FF archetype character- scenario that we've been seeing so far, make it more mature and believable but keep all the fantastic elements and the epicness of things your group needs to do. Let's face it all those things that worked on us when we were pre-teen or teenagers probably won't work now.
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 finalserenade75

Well the director for the game said he's taking ideas from Shakespeare for the plot. He also said the story is "dark" and I dunno what he exactly means by that. He said the game will go away from the Final Fantasy formula and will be somewhat new. So the plot is what I'm looking forward to the most, it seems it's going to be nice. As for the setting, in the CGI it did look mature and nice with all the city lights around and the high building etc. but after we got the scans I'm having my doubts. Finally for the combat, I doubt there would be a lot of tactics involved since this is an action-oriented game. What I expect is flashy fast paced combat with little tactics (the only indication we have so far is Kingdom Hearts but I AM hoping it'd would be more complex). However, expect to hear/see more at TGS :)

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Well the director for the game said he's taking ideas from Shakespeare for the plot. He also said the story is "dark" and I dunno what he exactly means by that. He said the game will go away from the Final Fantasy formula and will be somewhat new. So the plot is what I'm looking forward to the most, it seems it's going to be nice. As for the setting, in the CGI it did look mature and nice with all the city lights around and the high building etc. but after we got the scans I'm having my doubts. Finally for the combat, I doubt there would be a lot of tactics involved since this is an action-oriented game. What I expect is flashy fast paced combat with little tactics (the only indication we have so far is Kingdom Hearts but I AM hoping it'd would be more complex). However, expect to hear/see more at TGS :)

finalserenade75
What didn't you like about the screens?
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalserenade75

The desert environment mainly, I liked how the CGI trailers we got were all about modern cities (I'm a city lover :P) and I was hoping we'd see more of them. I just don't like desolate areas. Also the outfit change to Noctis, the old one looked way better and more prestigious. The screens kinda changed how I thought about the mood of the game nothing else ^^

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

The desert environment mainly, I liked how the CGI trailers we got were all about modern cities (I'm a city lover :P) and I was hoping we'd see more of them. I just don't like desolate areas. Also the outfit change to Noctis, the old one looked way better and more prestigious. The screens kinda changed how I thought about the mood of the game nothing else ^^

finalserenade75
Gotcha, fair enough. I think the city will still be a huge focus; I'm really excited about that. Either way, I'm way to excited for this game :D
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 finalserenade75

Haha same, this game and The Last Guardian are on top of my list :P

Dragdar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dragdar

finalserenade75
I definetly dont have a problem with a fast action-slashing combat as long as it takes some skill (but the thing is; then it's not FF trademark gameplay, it's a "hack n slash") The story is promising so far.