What's too much time playing games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 superlobo
Member since 2008 • 599 Posts

What do you consider to be too much time a day playing games? My wife thinks if I play for more than three hours a day , it too much. I think if you play 6 hours straight than that's a bit much. There's been times on my vacation time that I've played for 8 or 9 hours throughout the day and my eyes were starting to burn. :)

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

I personally think it depends on the person and their schedule. I'm a very busy high school student, so I may play one hour over a span of 5 weekdays and maybe 3-4 hours on weekends. But during the summer, i've played for up to 8 hours. If video games is making your life harder, then you're playing too much.

drcsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 drcsyntax
Member since 2008 • 267 Posts

There are certain rules to follow to make sure you're not playing too much:

When your GF wants to screw, you turn that **** off. (Some of you can pause it lolz)

When your stomach growls, you PAUSE, and grub.

When you have to PEE/POOP, you lift the lid of the seat and game on, you should've crafted a chair with a toilet in it by now you noob.

School/Sex/Work/Food/Defecation.

There ya go.

L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

There are certain rules to follow to make sure you're not playing too much:

When your GF wants to screw, you turn that **** off. (Some of you can pause it lolz)

When your stomach growls, you PAUSE, and grub.

When you have to PEE/POOP, you lift the lid of the seat and game on, you should've crafted a chair with a toilet in it by now you noob.

School/Sex/Work/Food/Defecation.

There ya go.

drcsyntax

LOL!

You do know I was born on a toilet chair and I'm sat on it right now.:P

superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superlobo

I've read lately on these forums of people saying that they've been playing for 10 hours straight and do that often and then they wonder why their PS3 got the Yellow light of death.

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

It's too much when you walk outside and the light hurts your eyes

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Portal screwed my mind up for a week after playing through it all.
Scorpion13497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scorpion13497
Member since 2003 • 775 Posts

Meh, depends on scheduale. My dad used to play WoW 2-3 hours a day on weekdays due to work, and that worked for him. I'm an unemployeed, single High School student with not a lot of homework so I play 6-7 hours a day on weekdays, 14-16 on weekends, and that works for me. If you are still spending time with others and not missing work/school/etc. then game on, my friend, game on.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#9 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
When you ask for In-game music because you can't immerse yourself in the game with the current soundtrack. That's when you just need to drop the controller and play outside. Gaming isn't so important that you have to mess up what the devs intended.
nhall00195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nhall00195
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts

you have a serious problem, and will probably remain unemployed...which the rest of society pays for...

nhall00195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nhall00195
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts

Meh, depends on scheduale. My dad used to play WoW 2-3 hours a day on weekdays due to work, and that worked for him. I'm an unemployeed, single High School student with not a lot of homework so I play 6-7 hours a day on weekdays, 14-16 on weekends, and that works for me. If you are still spending time with others and not missing work/school/etc. then game on, my friend, game on.

Scorpion13497

you have a serious problem, and will probably remain unemployed...which the rest of society pays for...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I personally think it depends on the person and their schedule. I'm a very busy high school student, so I may play one hour over a span of 5 weekdays and maybe 3-4 hours on weekends. But during the summer, i've played for up to 8 hours. If video games is making your life harder, then you're playing too much.

rsoxguy12

Agreed, andyour routine sounds almost like mine.lol...and the only thing I have to say is that too much gaming is bad when it stops you from being productive in real-life and it causes you to become anti-social.

Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts

I have the same problem. Thing is that I don't watch a lot of TV (maybe 5 hours per week during footballoff season) so I play videogames in the evenings and weekendsinstead. Then the wife complains that I'm playing too much while she is watching 4 hours of the Real Housewives or something like that...

CrazyFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 CrazyFanboy
Member since 2005 • 639 Posts

i used to play ffxi and wow like 9 hours a day back in the day.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

rsoxguy12
You're obviously not married. It doesn't depend on the person playing the game, it depends on the person in that person's ear that's nagging about how much he's playing a game. TO, listen to your wife, you'll get ahead in the long run. Mine whines if I play for more than an hour or 2 a day. It's not too bad for me though because I can't usually play longer than that anyways.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I think that if you play so long in one sitting that you die, then you've played too much. Otherwise, it's all good. Life is made up of the things you have yo do and the things you want to do. What do you want to do more, play a game or read a book? I think you have your answer.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

[QUOTE="Scorpion13497"]

nhall00195

Yea... Highschool kids can't file for unemployment. At least not yet...
bpw8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bpw8
Member since 2002 • 558 Posts
lo

I have the same problem. Thing is that I don't watch a lot of TV (maybe 5 hours per week during footballoff season) so I play videogames in the evenings and weekendsinstead. Then the wife complains that I'm playing too much while she is watching 4 hours of the Real Housewives or something like that...

Thetaguru
lol i feel your pain my wife does the same thing... except its american idol or dancing with the stars...
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Canvas_Of_Flesh
lo[QUOTE="Thetaguru"]

bpw8
lol i feel your pain my wife does the same thing... except its american idol or dancing with the stars...

My wife watches that crap and ughhhhh! Before we got married though, it was always a nonstop marathon of Bridezilla. I've never seen a show that made me want to trash my TV until I watched Bridezilla.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Any more than 10 hours a day is probably pushing it.
superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superlobo

[QUOTE="rsoxguy12"]

MarcRecon

Agreed, andyour routine sounds almost like mine.lol...and the only thing I have to say is that too much gaming is bad when it stops you from being productive in real-life and itcauses you to become anti-social.

uh-oh....I been playing games since I was 5 and i'm 29 now and have one friend left....man, I've become Anti-social...Noooooooooooooooo

Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Canvas_Of_Flesh

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="rsoxguy12"]

superlobo

Agreed, andyour routine sounds almost like mine.lol...and the only thing I have to say is that too much gaming is bad when it stops you from being productive in real-life and itcauses you to become anti-social.

uh-oh....I been playing games since I was 5 and i'm 29 now and have one friend left....man, I've become Anti-social...Noooooooooooooooo

You're doing well. The only friend I have left is my wife, and you can't really talk about video games, boobs, or cars with her.