Whats the purpose of money in Grand Theft Auto 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rajeev101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rajeev101
Member since 2007 • 368 Posts

I know its needed to eat and pay for health care and play like bowling and buyying drinks etc.

But is there any like big investments u make in the game like buying a HOUSE..or BUSINESS...like in the previous GTA games?

Thanks

rajeev101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rajeev101

BUMP (At least one anwser)

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Yeah i've found it to be kinda pointless to have money other than buying guns no use really. I have right now 400000$ on my game.
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
Good question actually. Apart from weapons, food, and clothing, no one has really said if you can still buy a house or buy cars that you can keep.
rajeev101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rajeev101
It just came to my head since i am not quite to far into the game so i wouldnt know if u could buy large investments
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
there are no other uses other than what have already been mentioned however since RPG's are 5k a pop, and 15k to buy a new one.. you get through it pretty damn fast, specially also since grenades are 1k each and you can hold up to 25!
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

No clue man, I'm very far in, you better be able to buy a house, or at least a garage.

The garage system really sucks.

hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 hockeyfreak
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts
u can buy expensive cars off the internet and buy weapons and other lil stuff like that, ringtones and themes for ur phone and stuff cmon man look in the game and ull c what the moneys for.
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts

No clue man, I'm very far in, you better be able to buy a house, or at least a garage.

Mau-Justice

Yea, the garage system does suck ass! Sometimes I jack a sweet ride from someone and really wanna stash it in a garage somewhere, but can't. What's the deal with that R*? It certainly would've been nice.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

paul52181

Yea, the garage system does suck ass! Sometimes I jack a sweet ride from someone and really wanna stash it in a garage somewhere, but can't. What's the deal with that R*? It certainly would've been nice.

Isn't that what the parking spaces are for?

andymanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 andymanu
Member since 2005 • 145 Posts
You stash it outside your safehouse there are yellow lines to park inside of.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

That's what the parking spaces are for. You can hold up to 2 cars for each safehouse. And they work. Your car wont disappear. I still wish you could buy a home, buy/invest in a business, pilot airplances or even buy an airplane or helicopter with a helipad, customize your ride, things like that should have been in the game. Really disappointed with that. There are smaller airplanes, not the jumbo ones I wish we could use.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mau-Justice

You stash it outside your safehouse there are yellow lines to park inside of.andymanu

Yea, the game has a garage(Parking Space). I know that. But the system sucks. Sometimes my cars disappear from the parking spaces randomly. If I try and store 2, 1 disappears etc.

If you take the car, and don't bring it back, you lose it ... It should save them like the previous games.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

[QUOTE="andymanu"]You stash it outside your safehouse there are yellow lines to park inside of.Mau-Justice

Yea, the game has a garage(Parking Space). I know that. But the system sucks. Sometimes my cars disappear from the parking spaces randomly. If I try and store 2, 1 disappears etc.

If you take the car, and don't bring it back, you lose it ... It should save them like the previous games.

Mine don't disapear. I have 6 bikes and a police car in front of one place.

paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts

You stash it outside your safehouse there are yellow lines to park inside of.andymanu

Damn, I gotta pay closer attention to the tutorials! Well, that's cool, I'll have to jack some of the nicer cars in Mikhail's neighborhood and stash em in front of my place.

ColdRush88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 ColdRush88
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts
Great. More people complaining about one of the best games ever made. :roll:
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

[QUOTE="andymanu"]You stash it outside your safehouse there are yellow lines to park inside of.donnygorgas

Mine don't disapear. I have 6 bikes and a police car in front of one place.

Mine stays too. The only time it was gone is when I started a riot infront of my apartment and got wanted stars. This pedestrian jacked my ride lol. I chased him down and killed him, destroying my car in the process. It's okay though, didn't save.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mau-Justice

Great. More people complaining about one of the best games ever made. :roll:ColdRush88

Nah man, I love the game. I wish you had an actual Garage and a house though. This is my ONLY real complaint. I honestly think the game deserves every bit of the 10.

I mean the other games made you feel like a Scarface/Tony Montana of the city, this one you're just a small time guy throughout the whole game, living out of an apartment...lol

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
The money is quite useless.
riverwynde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 riverwynde
Member since 2003 • 64 Posts

That's what the parking spaces are for. You can hold up to 2 cars for each safehouse. And they work. Your car wont disappear. I still wish you could buy a home, buy/invest in a business, pilot airplances or even buy an airplane or helicopter with a helipad, customize your ride, things like that should have been in the game. Really disappointed with that. There are smaller airplanes, not the jumbo ones I wish we could use.

Elann2008

Thats what downloadable content is for. There not gonna just give you everything right away (sorry..games are like this nowdays).... am sure some of the stuff you mentioned is saved for future downloadable "expansions" so to speak.