Whats so great about Little Big Planet ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 CJ37
Member since 2008 • 202 Posts

Why all the hype about this game ?

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
It's tons of fun. It's a spectacular change of pace to the shooters. The user-created content is great. DLC is non-stop. And you can make your own levels for the world to play. So, that's cool.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
its a side-scroller..and ive been there done that so ive put it on my rent list
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CJ37

its a side-scroller..and ive been there done that so ive put it on my rent listWutTimeIsIt

cool lets rent it

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WutTimeIsIt

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]its a side-scroller..and ive been there done that so ive put it on my rent listCJ37

cool lets rent it

i didnt say i was gonna rent it any time soon lol
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]its a side-scroller..and ive been there done that so ive put it on my rent listCJ37

cool lets rent it

Dude, dont rent it.... its an amazing game. Its a platformer sidescroller so kinda likle super mario. Accept you have an amazing level creator tool. And its highly addicting and does not get old any time soon
Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1128 Posts
really? side-scrolling seemed so fresh even though I've played tons of them. these days it's nothing but 3d gameplay this was an amazing change of pace.
danimal233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danimal233
Member since 2008 • 547 Posts
the game looks great but i didnt buy it because i heard that the story mode was too short and easy
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZacherWol19
the game looks great but i didnt buy it because i heard that the story mode was too short and easydanimal233
The story mode isnt the main attraction. Its the same Story mode is short but you can create your own level and play other peoples levels, and there is a lot of them.
PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
its a side-scroller..and ive been there done that so ive put it on my rent listWutTimeIsIt
Almost every game is a been there done that. Few actually do something new with a genre.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]its a side-scroller..and ive been there done that so ive put it on my rent listPS3videos
Almost every game is a been there done that. Few actually do something new with a genre.

tru...i will give my true opinion on the game once i try it out
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CJ37
So what your saying is that you are bored with all other games so THAT makes Little Big Planet fun
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
No. Little Big Planet is just plain ole FUN. It really took me back to saturday mornings as a kid, sitting around playing NES. I havent really truely had FUN in a game since those days. I enjoy all of the great graphics and intricately woven plots that are common to modern games, but none of them can touch the fun I had on games like Super Mario Bros and Battletoads. Little Big Planet comes close though. Plus, it gets the creative and imaginative juices flowing, and the community/DLC means it basically never ends.
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CJ37

No. Little Big Planet is just plain ole FUN. It really took me back to saturday mornings as a kid, sitting around playing NES. I havent really truely had FUN in a game since those days. I enjoy all of the great graphics and intricately woven plots that are common to modern games, but none of them can touch the fun I had on games like Super Mario Bros and Battletoads. Little Big Planet comes close though. Plus, it gets the creative and imaginative juices flowing, and the community/DLC means it basically never ends. raven_squad

Battletoads ?

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]No. Little Big Planet is just plain ole FUN. It really took me back to saturday mornings as a kid, sitting around playing NES. I havent really truely had FUN in a game since those days. I enjoy all of the great graphics and intricately woven plots that are common to modern games, but none of them can touch the fun I had on games like Super Mario Bros and Battletoads. Little Big Planet comes close though. Plus, it gets the creative and imaginative juices flowing, and the community/DLC means it basically never ends. CJ37

Battletoads ?

dam that bring some memories, the most frustrating game EVER but well its a platformer it hav to be frustrating in some way

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

Why all the hype about this game ?

CJ37
amazing casual fun! makes u smile and laugh the whole time play!
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
[QUOTE="TIGERLIONX"][QUOTE="CJ37"]

No. Little Big Planet is just plain ole FUN. It really took me back to saturday mornings as a kid, sitting around playing NES. I havent really truely had FUN in a game since those days. I enjoy all of the great graphics and intricately woven plots that are common to modern games, but none of them can touch the fun I had on games like Super Mario Bros and Battletoads. Little Big Planet comes close though. Plus, it gets the creative and imaginative juices flowing, and the community/DLC means it basically never ends. raven_squad

Battletoads ?

dam that bring some memories, the most frustrating game EVER but well its a platformer it hav to be frustrating in some way

Hell yeah! Battletoads is hair ripping fun. Frustrating, but in a good "Ill do it again and beat it this time for sure" kind of way. Most games nowdays that are frustrating are just crap games... Not LBP. Its got a little of that old school platformer frustration but it never makes you want to give up.
tonesonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tonesonic
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts
The game is just cute as, the levels are beautiful, the DLC is non stop, there has never been a scroller like it, and the build tools are incredible. As a shooter-obsessed fanboy, I cannot say enough good things about it...even my 4 year old plays it for hours just making Sackboy dance... Ok that last point might not have sold you, but hey its better than spongebob all day !
SuperSorasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 SuperSorasx
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
Ok, so basicly its like everything you secretly wanted to be able to do in the game, but were unable to. There is really no genre for this game, altough its a platforming game, because its so creative that u can make it pretty much any genre that you want. There are endless possibilities to what you could make. Its just amazing.
BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts
Ok, so basicly its like everything you secretly wanted to be able to do in the game, but were unable to. There is really no genre for this game, altough its a platforming game, because its so creative that u can make it pretty much any genre that you want. There are endless possibilities to what you could make. Its just amazing.SuperSorasx
i still dont get it what is the point of the game??? is it like a super mario where you have to beat turtles or do u just run around in the levels???
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZacherWol19
[QUOTE="SuperSorasx"]Ok, so basicly its like everything you secretly wanted to be able to do in the game, but were unable to. There is really no genre for this game, altough its a platforming game, because its so creative that u can make it pretty much any genre that you want. There are endless possibilities to what you could make. Its just amazing.BostonDieNasty
i still dont get it what is the point of the game??? is it like a super mario where you have to beat turtles or do u just run around in the levels???

Just watch gamespots review thats what sold me. And it is like super mario
charx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 charx2
Member since 2004 • 203 Posts

I was not hyped for this game at all, i was saying whats the big deal, well i rented it sunday and I can't take it back, it's actually alot of fun, I was suprised. I take it off of my rent list and put onto my xmas list.

MagicYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MagicYogurt
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Don`t be determined to hate this game and and stop trying to think up excuses to not like this game. It is a really good game.
studster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 studster007
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
PLEASE stop doing these posts...For the past 2 months or so, so many of these topics have been created. Please use the search function...GEEZ.
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts
FUN FUN FUN!!!
SuperSorasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 SuperSorasx
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperSorasx"]Ok, so basicly its like everything you secretly wanted to be able to do in the game, but were unable to. There is really no genre for this game, altough its a platforming game, because its so creative that u can make it pretty much any genre that you want. There are endless possibilities to what you could make. Its just amazing.BostonDieNasty

True, and i do think that Media Molecule should broaden the combat/competetive horizon for the game.But the fact that you can create anything makes it far more outsanding than any Mario game ever THOUGHT of. But hey, thats my opinion.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
You seem to not like any exclusive games on PS3...
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
i got the game because it came with my ps3 it's fun but it's the game i play the less though
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

You seem to not like any exclusive games on PS3...Ultrabeatdown55

Yeah... same guy who hates "old snake"... before it was MGS4, now it's LBP!

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

If you dont have online then just rent it unless you feel liek just playing your own levels you made.

if you do haver online

this has the same scale of dlc as Rock Band 2, considering it came out a few months ago there has been loads of free and cheap down loads

there is also infinte replayability thansk to the awesome user created content, i myself havent even tried making a level yet thanks to the vastness of the LBP community its awesome.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

i think its a cute game, innovative, fun, and will bring out one's creativity... but even if a lot of people likes something, there are also some who will go out and contradict it... is just a matter or respecting other peoples' opinion... again.

Are there PS3 games that you like... why don't we talk about that instead?

or maybe this is all about making fire? ...alwys not liking what many people thought to be great...

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"]its a side-scroller..and ive been there done that so ive put it on my rent listcharx2

I was not hyped for this game at all, i was saying whats the big deal, well i rented it sunday and I can't take it back, it's actually alot of fun, I was suprised. I take it off of my rent list and put onto my xmas list.

wow your sig is powerful in its message, i just thrw mgs4 in the garbage im gonna go by a wii now
Dernholm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dernholm
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts
It's 4-players on the same console, that's the part that made me interested in this game.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
little big planet such a laugh online and you don't even need a mic for that to happen. my mic messed up but i played yesterday just laughing.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
...it's fun?