what's so good about Resistance ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGhettoDT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 TheGhettoDT
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

when i got a ps3 i was like really excited to play Resistance i was all like yea im gonna get an ps3 man and play with free online play and play Resistance it's gonna be so awesome.

i only had 400$ and my dad decided to put in an extra 300$ so we can get a ps3 and both me and dad were broke so i borrowed my friends copy of Resistance

and i came home and when i played it i was all like yea man im gonna play this game and it's gonna be awesome, so i like played the single-player and the 1st thing that hit me was jeezuz chriist this is single-player??? this suuuux!! everything was good in the game

throwing the grenades goooood

shooting the enemies gooooood

driving the cars gooooood

knocking out the enemies with the meleee gooood

and im like well if all that's so good then why the hell is this game so suckage, then it hit me, i don't feel no goddamn vibe in this game.....

so then i like tried multiplayer the 1st game was pretty awesome, im like duuude, this is pretty good. then when i leave the server and try another server and then the 1st thing i see is the "1 hit kill" option im like well f*** this im outta here lets find another serrver so i went to another server and it still had 1 hit kill i went to aanother server 1 hit kill again i wenbt to another server again 1 hit kill again, im like wtf is with the Resistance community don't they like the competition of a normala normal match ?? and i like took the game back to my friend and told him "THIS IS THE WORST PIECE OF S**T GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED ON THE CURRENT GEN GAMING OTHER THEN "NFS: PRO STREET"..."

Avatar image for football_legend
football_legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 football_legend
Member since 2007 • 1913 Posts
I think the best way to sum up this game is, it has more than everything you need in an FPS. SP campaign, Co-op, multilpayer.
AaaSS82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AaaSS82
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts
i wasnt a fan either. i especially didnt like how enemies had no weight to them. it was like shooting annoying cardboard cutouts. my main gripe is with the physics.
Torpian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Torpian
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

Wooaahhh dude, I'm like totally spaced out after like reading that man.

They need to add a new rule to the boards - no posting while stoned!

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
First game I got with PS3 and I enjoyed it.
Morfessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Morfessa
Member since 2005 • 854 Posts
I'm, like, dood, liking this, like, great, like, game, dood.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Torpian

Lol..so u see it to ey? hahah
rdsnuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 rdsnuke
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
Resistance was good. But that's about it. It was great for people just buying the PS3. But COD4 is on another level. That's why I probably won't be getting R2 because there will be better shooters.
daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
I felt that it was way over rated, its just a everyday shooter nothing special. However i think the hype and the fact it was one of the first PS3 games made people defend it even though deep down they know if wasn't that good.
_sephex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _sephex_
Member since 2003 • 179 Posts
What I got from Resistance was an ambitious launch title. I am a big fan of insomniac. The ratches & clank games always had great design, very few flaws, and some of the coolest weapons. Resistance had some REALLY cool weapons. I didn't really dig the online. But my best buddy and I have played through the campain co-op on normal, hard & superhuman and really enjoyed it. Now Resistance 2. Of which I am in the Beta. Kicking Fricken Ass! The Co-op 8-player mode is pure genius. I felt like I was back playing Diablo on Battlenet, having to work together with our different classes, getting our asses handed to us every so often... but it was a FPS... this just hasn't been done. At least not on my 52" in 7.1 HD Surround. I'm not big on deathmatch ... whether it's 8 guys or 60 ... but the COOP system for Resistance 2 ( Along with the level up system) is fantastic. Check it out! Peace
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Resistance 1 is chunky but decent. Resistance 2 feels the best of all console fps in years.
Randy_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Randy_Savage
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
I got my PS3 at launch and Resistance was the best game by far at that time. Of course, COD4 has raised the bar but I'm in the R2 beta as well and I must say it is amazing and I cannot wait for R2 to come out.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

@ TheGhettoDT, sounds to me the game is just to hard for you, because it was a great game when the PS3 launched, and it's a little dated now, but it's still pretty good.

TheGhettoDT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheGhettoDT

Torpian

agreed they also need to put in a rule to the boards - point the topics subject, not the authors used words

TheGhettoDT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheGhettoDT

I'm, like, dood, liking this, like, great, like, game, dood.Morfessa

...... now like, dood, like, why, like, you, like, gotta, do, like, that, liike, for ??? doooooood

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Dude wtf are you talking about Resistance is an awesome game. Did you finish it yet? Go back & finish it dude, you just pissed me off. Don't drop the soap in these parts, this is one of the best FPS's this gen & meets the fundamentals of one.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

|R|E|S|I|S|T|A|N|C|E| |2|

My anti-drug.

Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

COD4 shouldnt' be compared to Resistance really. Since they so far apart in release date.

Though my gripe with COD4 lofting grenades 10 miles and almost no physics.

I thought Resistance was ambitious, they didn't hold back in terms of what a launch title usually ends up being. Looking back you see its' flaws more and more but that's what always happens.

I was hooked for many months to that game, never got my insomniac badge but I got I think around 1600 matches played or so. with a decent K/D ratio. Lots of good fragging time well spent.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I hated the "floaty" bullets and the Auger...

i HATE that gun :evil:

Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

Ospov

floaty bullets? I'm guessing you mean the bullseye? Personally loved that gun, it was so easy to lead a target with it while they are trying to be slick and strafe around you.

Auger could pwn if you worked at it, wasn't the best all around though.

Arc Charger was severely underrated.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

Ospov
If you're getting Resistance 2 you'll never get through it without the new Auger ;) Mark my words.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
[QUOTE="Ospov"]

Dr-Strangelove

floaty bullets? I'm guessing you mean the bullseye? Personally loved that gun, it was so easy to lead a target with it while they are trying to be slick and strafe around you.

Actually I meant every gun. You could see the bullets from every gun come at you and like 2 seconds later the bullets would actually hit you. It doesn't look like I'm firing a machine gun when yellow lasers are coming out the end of my gun.

If you're getting Resistance 2 you'll never get through it without the new Auger ;) Mark my words.SonyMarksman70

Oh God...I was hoping they were going to take that gun out of the game...

Avatar image for silentkill62696
silentkill62696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silentkill62696
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr-Strangelove"][QUOTE="Ospov"]

Ospov

Actually I meant every gun. You could see the bullets from every gun come at you and like 2 seconds later the bullets would actually hit you. It doesn't look like I'm firing a machine gun when yellow lasers are coming out the end of my gun.

If you're getting Resistance 2 you'll never get through it without the new Auger ;) Mark my words.SonyMarksman70

Oh God...I was hoping they were going to take that gun out of the game...

Dude, auger is awesome online. Auger= no campers

It helped teach you not to camp too much n usually if u saw an auger bullet going through the wall you had enought ime to evade it.