What's so awesome about Monster hunter?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mg66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 mg66
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts

So I went to my local gamestop and I saw Monster Hunter Freedom Unite sitting on the shelf. As I recalled many people on gamestop gave it a great score herehttp://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/monsterhunterportable2ndg/players.html?tag=player-reviews;header;more. I bought it for $30. You wouldn't believe hard it is. It's harder than Halo on legendary. It's probably just cause i suck but I really fail to see the whole big deal. Some of the quests are boring and long. I took an hour to kill on boss. I probably sound like that Austin guy who gave this game a bad score. Can Someone please explain why it's so awesome.

Avatar image for Ryusuke_Akihiro
Ryusuke_Akihiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ryusuke_Akihiro
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

I'm not a MH fan (yet) but I believe it's popular for it's multiplayer and lasting value. After you get used to the controls, it's actually a pretty enjoyable game. Fans of MMO-Type games seem to enjoy this series the most.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I'm not a MH fan (yet) but I believe it's popular for it's multiplayer and lasting value. After you get used to the controls, it's actually a pretty enjoyable game. Fans of MMO-Type games seem to enjoy this series the most.

Ryusuke_Akihiro

This sums it up pretty well. Although, I don't know how well you will adapt to this if you thought Halo on Legendary was hard, but if you spend some time, you might get used to it.

Chris_Hun7er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chris_Hun7er
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts

Seriously, it has the most replayability in any game, as long as you have friends with it. I could easily play MHFU for 1,000+ hours if my friends came over more.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534

Seriously, it has the most replayability in any game, as long as you have friends with it. I could easily play MHFU for 1,000+ hours if my friends came over more.

Chris_Hun7er

Another great point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I thought the same thing, and to tell you the truth its always going to be as hard as your finding it.

I am a Monster Hunter fan now but I remember when I first tried it I hated to it. But if you keep playing you'll start to really like it. You just gotta get used to it and be patient. As you get betterfights wil be easier but by not too much. MH is best when playing with other people though. Personally, I had about 15 hours on the game before I started really liking it. You won't believe how much time you'll spend on the game without noticing.

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Felyne Comrade !

Ze_Common_Cold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Ze_Common_Cold
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

Monster Hunter is pretty much an alternative to pokemon. Both are very addictive RPGs that have stellar multiplayer. Monster Hunter goes for a smaller audience however.

Vavorlye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vavorlye
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

So I went to my local gamestop and I saw Monster Hunter Freedom Unite sitting on the shelf. As I recalled many people on gamestop gave it a great score herehttp://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/monsterhunterportable2ndg/players.html?tag=player-reviews;header;more. I bought it for $30. You wouldn't believe hard it is. It's harder than Halo on legendary. It's probably just cause i suck but I really fail to see the whole big deal. Some of the quests are boring and long. I took an hour to kill on boss. I probably sound like that Austin guy who gave this game a bad score. Can Someone please explain why it's so awesome.

mg66
the game is horrible. Its soo slow and boring.
Slashfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Slashfan10
Member since 2008 • 1242 Posts

I was actually wondering the same thing, I hear a lot of people talking about it. Is it only multiplayer? Is there single player? I'm not too good when it comes to really hard games.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534

I was actually wondering the same thing, I hear a lot of people talking about it. Is it only multiplayer? Is there single player? I'm not too good when it comes to really hard games.

Slashfan10

It's got a single-player portion, it just gets better and a little easier on multiplayer.

kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

Is this worth getting knowing you'd only ever get to play single player?

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Is this worth getting knowing you'd only ever get to play single player?

kate_jones
It's kinda hard to answer that. The game will leave an instant ' Love It ' or ' Hate It ' impression on 1st timers. In terms of single player, if somehow you can manage and cope with the steep learning curve, it's gonna be fun all the way. You should really download the demo from PSN Store before purchasing the game.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Its a game based on skill and not stats; most people aren't used to that.

EEKman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 EEKman71
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

MHFU is honestly in my top 3 games of all time. It was slow at the beginning, I had some trepidations at first and definately some frustrating times, As others have said however, somewhere around the 15-20 hour mark something clicked. It happened after i killed khezu and i understood how armor worked.

Now it boggles my mind how deep it is. Its one of those games that knows its going to kick your ass and its not ashamed of it. Its designed around frustration and heartache. You can repeat any mission and the farm is there for you to blow off steam after a crushing defeat. Once you do beat the blubbery beasty after 15 tries the victory is super sweet. There arent many games where ive often jumped out of my seat screaming YES!!! AWESOME!!!. ( i actually broke a pair of headphones doing this) Its the desire to overcome the impossible that makes the ultimate victory so satisfying.

It is a niche game, you are required to dedicate your full attention to it while playing, if you do, the rewards are there. If yourea casual gamer steer clear.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

I can't see what's great about it either, I personally find it boring and repetitive, sorry but this game just doesn't appeal to me. Other people say it's awesome, can't see why and I guess I never will

Damn, now you all made me want to give it another shot, but seriously, any quick way to get pass the awfully slow learning curve (I played MHF1 and never got pass the first mision "kill the rathalos", like I should know what a rathalos looks like)

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

That's what the reference materials are for in your start options....