What's Ninja Gaiden game? REALLY?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3BigFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3BigFan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Ninja Gaiden games were well know games for the original Xbox then there was the new Sigma series and the game is now well know with good reviews except for the last installment. I never played any Ninja Gaiden before but I was thinking to pick Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 which seems to be a good game as far as I heard, however every time I look into a gameplay video I can only see fighting with sword and then fighting with sword (perhaps the same sword or another one) and finally with fighting ANOTHER sword. I just want to know if the whole game is like crap survival mode of fighting and killing what makes it very populor. Tell me something new and I'm ready to buy it.

FYI. The only smash buttons game I played on the PS3 was God of War III because I wanted to complete the story, other than that I don't enjoy fighting games.

4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

Ninja Gaiden games were well know games for the original Xbox then there was the new Sigma series and the game is now well know with good reviews except for the last installment. I never played any Ninja Gaiden before but I was thinking to pick Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 which seems to be a good game as far as I heard, however every time I look into a gameplay video I can only see fighting with sword and then fighting with sword (perhaps the same sword or another one) and finally with fighting ANOTHER sword. I just want to know if the whole game is like crap survival mode of fighting and killing what makes it very populor. Tell me something new and I'm ready to buy it.

FYI. The only smash buttons game I played on the PS3 was God of War III because I wanted to complete the story, other than that I don't enjoy fighting games.

PS3BigFan

NG games are PURE hack'n'slash games. GoW is not. GoW complements its gameplay with platforming (traversal) and puzzles. Games like NG, DMC and Bayonetta base their gameplay only on combat. Thats why you only see Ryu (Ninja Gaiden protagonist) only sword fighting in every gameplay video. Because its gameplay is essencialy only combat, nothing more. HOWEVER its combat is just so fun to play and complex to master that it compensates its lack of gameplay variety. If you look for a game with varied gameplay and more then combat then NG is probably not for you. If you like GoW then try Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or Dante's Inferno

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

There are several other weapons aside from swords and what makes the NG series loved by it's fans is the fast. fluid gameplay that has depth and complexity to it. NG is not a mindless hack and slash like God of War is and it much more difficult as well. Sigma 2 has Acolyte mode for Beginners but once oyu get the hang of things the game is much more fun on Normal and Hard difficulties.

I actually found Sigma 2 to be easier than Sigma 1 so I would recommend started with the second. The first is still remains one of my all time favorite games because the level design and boss fights are incredible, but Sigma 2 definitely does not disappoint either. Don't even think about buying Ninja Gaiden 3 though.

PS3BigFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 PS3BigFan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="PS3BigFan"]

4dr1el

NG games are PURE hack'n'slash games. GoW is not. GoW complements its gameplay with platforming (traversal) and puzzles. Games like NG, DMC and Bayonetta base their gameplay only on combat. Thats why you only see Ryu (Ninja Gaiden protagonist) only sword fighting in every gameplay video. Because its gameplay is essencialy only combat, nothing more. HOWEVER its combat is just so fun to play and complex to master that it compensates its lack of gameplay variety. If you look for a game with varied gameplay and more then combat then NG is probably not for you. If you like GoW then try Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or Dante's Inferno

Thanks for the info, I won't be getting this game since I'm really tired of combo bombo smash buttons games. I'll save the money and pick another game. As for God of War III I can only say that it's totally smash button games, one or two puzzle couldn't change this fact. The first God of War still my favorite game. But the amazing graphics and the epic story and boss battles made it lovely to play which I don't think the case for NG.
Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
Now the game is an hack'n slash but it wasn't like that...the game was better, now the series is ruined...
juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
NInja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 are incredible. One of my favorite team missions on NGS2 is #1 on Mentor. Link
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Ninja Gaiden has a fast pace that no other game can match. That doesn't mean it is inherently better (it isn't) but that is what it brings to the table. Everything else kinda sucks to be honest (bland art style, horrible story, odd load times, dumb characters). However, NGS2's combat is damn amazing and infinitely replayable.