Whats good about the PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 0

#1 rabbit_pie
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
So tomorrow im hoping to get a PS3 (if all goes to plan), touch wood, i will hopefully be gettin resistance and motorstorm with it, and if i can afford FEAR (if there is a better game than FEAR please tell me as im not sure about getting it). Anyway, i was wondering what the best thing about the ps3 is. Also is there a built in wireless network adaptor in the ps3? and do you get acheivments (or anything like acheivents?)
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

OK... Good games for PS3 are :  Resistance, Motorstorm, Oblivion, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and all the 2k and EA sports games.... From what I hear the PS3 version of FEAR will be very good... at IGN they were saying the graphics and everything were great and that you will be getting added feature that werent' in past versions....  So far the best FPS on PS3 is Resistance but FEAR looks to be good competition....

The 60GB PS3 has builtin Wifi.... Right now PS3 doesn't have acheivements but when HOME arrives in the fall you will have trophies etc to show for accomplishments in games... 

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

So tomorrow im hoping to get a PS3 (if all goes to plan), touch wood, i will hopefully be gettin resistance and motorstorm with it, and if i can afford FEAR (if there is a better game than FEAR please tell me as im not sure about getting it). Anyway, i was wondering what the best thing about the ps3 is. Also is there a built in wireless network adaptor in the ps3? and do you get acheivments (or anything like acheivents?)rabbit_pie

Ugh.. get the 60 GB version (not that you'd be able to find a 20). It has the WIFI. Don't know about FEAR but Reisistance and Motorstorm should keep you busy for awhile. Add Oblivion and you'll need a trash bag so you can go pee without getting up!

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
As far as I know, PS3 will always update new stuff, so PS3 Network will get better and better each time.....I think PS3 and the online will be the best in times.
SkyCastleDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SkyCastleDan
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
Resistance for sure. I wish I would have waited till now to get my PS3. Would have been better playing Fall of Man till June when games actually start to get released.
aerialstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aerialstrike
Member since 2004 • 89 Posts

ive heard they discontinued the 20 gig but come on for a hundred bucks more youll get wifi and 60 gigs, it wont be a hard choice. i got oblivion and call of duty 3 and they kept me pretty occupied for the past 3 weeks. oblivion will pretty much own you if you like rpgs, i played for like 40 hrs and i didnt even scratch half of it. call of duty has its strong points on the multiplayer, the single player isnt that much but believe me you wont even bother if you start playing online and blasting the other fool. look for me aerialstrike and say hello to my little friend the trenchgun!!

buffdaddy500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 buffdaddy500
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts
free online play is good. :)
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts
get oblivion over f.e.a.r especially if u are already getting resistance.
rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#9 rabbit_pie
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
Ive just found out oblivion isnt released until next friday here - i didnt really like it on the 360 anyway. IS there any other games?
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Resistance for sure. I wish I would have waited till now to get my PS3. Would have been better playing Fall of Man till June when games actually start to get released.SkyCastleDan
Actually Oblivion, Motorstorm, R:FoM, and ps2 games should last me awhile (especially Oblivion) at least until Lair comes out and probably up to September when all the really good stuff comes. I might also pick up F.E.A.R.. As for the best thing about the ps3, hmmm....everything
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
get oblivion over f.e.a.r especially if u are already getting resistance.360player_eq12
that would depend whether he likes RPGs or not. for me, I can't get into RPGs, so I would rather get FEAR instead of Oblivion. I have played FEAR on my 360, and it's one awesome game. I would recommend it to anybody.
mdl207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mdl207
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

The best thing?

Reliability.

I won't name other consoles here but I suffered from a lot of hardware problems last gen. Yes, my case was special as the particular console I had purchased was actually well-known for its reliability.

But that experience has taught me how much it sucks to boot up your system and have to pray every time that it works. That the games won't freeze right before you hit a save point. That you can pause a game to go out (e.g. a sports game) and come back 6 hours later without worrying that the entire thing has crashed.

Combine that factor with the style of games I like and the choice was easy.

PS3. 

E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Simply, its fun. Achievements are coming with Home when thats released as Trophies. WiFi, lots of HDD space, full 1080p support, games are fun, the playstation store has some decent stuff on it. and it can be used as a media device for ur movies, music, photos
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
EVERYTHING
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

EVERYTHINGdstryr13

agreed 

lilhg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lilhg
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts

[QUOTE="rabbit_pie"]So tomorrow im hoping to get a PS3 (if all goes to plan), touch wood, i will hopefully be gettin resistance and motorstorm with it, and if i can afford FEAR (if there is a better game than FEAR please tell me as im not sure about getting it). Anyway, i was wondering what the best thing about the ps3 is. Also is there a built in wireless network adaptor in the ps3? and do you get acheivments (or anything like acheivents?)The_G00se

Ugh.. get the 60 GB version (not that you'd be able to find a 20). It has the WIFI. Don't know about FEAR but Reisistance and Motorstorm should keep you busy for awhile. Add Oblivion and you'll need a trash bag so you can go pee without getting up!

lol trash bag good 1

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
FEAR is going to be excellent and you'll love it once you get your hands on it.

Hopefully I can get myself a copy of the game, I didn't pre-order. Off-subject here but...does anyone know how big of a hit this going to be. I found GOWII in stores on release day at Best Buy but none of the EB Games or GameStop had them.
Oblivion is sooooo excellent. I cannot stop playing it. I generally lean towards action-adventure and some RPG like FF but I get sick of the Japanese RPGs and Oblivion is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, of the sort whatsoever.